Cooking

Gemmill

I'm up and preppin'. How do I cook baby leeks? Whole or what? Someone helppppp

Just chop the tiniest bit of head of.

:nufc:

Visions of Skiddy having at his skull with a veg knife.

You have good skullshape Sir!!! :crylaughin:

Hubby bought home a large bag of fresh fish last night so I will have to cook that today :nufc: A customer is a Brixham fisherman and gives hubby a bag of fish caught that morning. I think its got sole, monk fish and the fish with the orange spotty skin (is that Plaice)? I'm not very up on fish I admit, I normally stick to salmon and smoked haddock. It is gutted and headless but I'm not keen on even trimming and washing it, turns my stomach slightly :crylaughin:

However once prepared I'm fine, I shall simply fry it gently and serve with new potatoes and minted peas.

Monk fish was chucked back in the sea as useless until Fanny Craddock used it to make fake scampi. One of the most expensive fish to buy now.

Try it diced breadcrumbed and deep fried ala Craddock style. Or wrap in parma ham (streaky bacon will do actually) and fry on outside to brown then oven for 10 mins - crispy outside and soft fish inside. Make sure you get rid of the sinew on the monkfish or it just curls up as it cooks.

SOLE/PLAICE is as nice as a simple grill with a knob of butter squeeze of lemon juice.

That's what I did in the end. I like the sound of the monk fish wrapped in bacon, I will try that next time.

Homemade fishcakes are really easy as well.

Just toast breadcrumbs under the grill and bind with egg to cover fish paties. I use corriander and fresh mint in the fish pattie...Mega lush.

Fry lightly for 8/10 mins turning once.

Nah it's puff's chili cos she won't eat owt spicy. :nufc:

Was in Northallerton today so bought some Sam Smiths lager - the normal one and the organic one. Does anyone know of anywhere (shop as opposed to pub) where you can buy it up here?

Nah it's puff's chili cos she won't eat owt spicy. :lol:

Was in Northallerton today so bought some Sam Smiths lager - the normal one and the organic one. Does anyone know of anywhere (shop as opposed to pub) where you can buy it up here?

practically living on Chili over here, I've always liked it though, the bonus here is that there is a huge range of beans available, Pinto beans and Black beans are my favorites to use along with Kidney beans, I always put half a bottle of beer in too.

Going to try to make carbonara for the first time.

mmmm yes, mushroom carbonara for me please!

Christ no!

Chicken and bacon-happy with how it turned out. You can get sort of caught in a routine of cooking the same handful of meals. Nice to mix it up a bit with something you've not done before.

Christ no!

Chicken and bacon-happy with how it turned out. You can get sort of caught in a routine of cooking the same handful of meals. Nice to mix it up a bit with something you've not done before.

Have you got the recipe for it Barney?

Christ no!

This is pretty much how I make mine…

Spaghetti Carbonara

I tend to just use Parmesan, and only the egg yolks, so I'd use an extra egg or two.

Christ no!

This is pretty much how I make mine…

Spaghetti Carbonara

I tend to just use Parmesan, and only the egg yolks, so I'd use an extra egg or two.

mmm that looks scrummy thanks MF :lol: