It's snowing.

catmag

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from work, been sent home because the wind's ripped the building's roof off!! I heard this loud crunching, tearing, ripping sound and looked out of the window to see the roof fly past depositing large lumps of tarmac and huge pieces of steel all over the precinct outside. It could quite easily have killed someone if they'd been standing there!!

On the way home I've seen:

1x uprooted tree

2x ripped off garage roofs

1x flying church porch

1x decapitated traffic lights rolling around in the gutter

1x neighbour's car restyled in an Iraqesque stylee by his own roof tiles

x-amount of airbourne signs, tree branches, people, and assorted other crap

and my wheelie-bin lying at a jaunty angle in front of my house door, thank god the binmen came yesterday, otherwise there'd be all kinds of crap strewn across my front garden.

To sum up: It's a bit breezy here in Manchester. :rolleyes:

Whereabouts in Manc are you, indigo?

It was mental here earlier. The hailstones sounded like bricks smacking off the windows, yet it was bright and sunny at the same time despite the sky being slate-grey and there being a massive rainbow. Lots of dead wheelie bins in the front street by the looks of it an'all. Need to go out later on which I'm not looking forward to cos it's freeeeeeeezing.

It was mental here earlier. The hailstones sounded like bricks smacking off the windows, yet it was bright and sunny at the same time despite the sky being slate-grey and there being a massive rainbow. Lots of dead wheelie bins in the front street by the looks of it an'all. Need to go out later on which I'm not looking forward to cos it's freeeeeeeezing.

I'm in the paradise-on-Earth that is Longsight.

If any of you lot have been to Eastlands, apparently the big Asda and the road between it and the stadium have been cordoned off by the police, due to its roof coming off and its trolleys going on a wind-assisted rampage through the carpark!! :rolleyes:

Edited by indigo

If any of you lot have been to Eastlands, apparently the big Asda and the road between it and the stadium have been cordoned off by the police, due to its roof coming off and its trolleys going on a wind-assisted rampage through the carpark!! :rolleyes:

That must be causing havoc! That road is mad in rush hour and Ashton New Rd is a nightmare at any time of the day :mellow:

70mph winds are 'unclement'? :mellow:

Seven people have been killed according to the beeb. :rolleyes:

for some countries that's just a normal day down the shops tho ... :rolleyes:

Where?

India

That must be causing havoc! That road is mad in rush hour and Ashton New Rd is a nightmare at any time of the day :mellow:

Yeah, too right, although it seems to have calmed down a bit now, when I got home from work there were sirens every couple of minutes flying up and down Stockport Road - although that's not that unusual for Longsight :rolleyes: What's your link with Mancland catmag?

70mph winds are 'unclement'? :rolleyes:

Seven people have been killed according to the beeb. :rolleyes:

for some countries that's just a normal day down the shops tho ... :mellow:

Where?

India

Or is it China? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: the Arctic