So we sack Roeder then...

Howaythetoon

Who do we get in? Which top manager in their right mind would come to a club with no money, a trigger happy Chairman and demanding fans, and a whole team out injured, all while stuck in mid-table and halfway through the season.

And lets not forget who decides these things, do you trust the board to find that right man, a manager better than Roeder?

I don't and I can't think of one top manager who would take the job at this moment in time so I'll stick with Roeder for now, having accepted our situation months ago.

He's doing a good job IMO, the best to his ability and in many respects overachieving given his ability or lack of, a 50% win ratio is as good as anyone and really, is there much more he can do? I'm not sure and equally so I'm not sure there are many out there who could do an infinitely better job, which we would require to warrant sacking Roeder.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season's now a write off. Replace him in the summer. I don't know who with, but this should be our first priority before we look at players.

If it's a write-off, then surely it's better to replace Glenn this season, let the new manager come in sharpish, see who the crap is, see who he likes, then he has a full summer to do what he wants.

This season's now a write off. Replace him in the summer. I don't know who with, but this should be our first priority before we look at players.

Excellent :rolleyes:

MoN wil be available by then though :rolleyes:

MoN wil be available by then though :rolleyes:

Oh JOY!! :rolleyes::mellow:

Yes well, you'd be happy to finish 17th under Roeder, wouldn't you?

If it's a write-off, then surely it's better to replace Glenn this season, let the new manager come in sharpish, see who the crap is, see who he likes, then he has a full summer to do what he wants.

I'd say we use "planning" and use the remaining time of the season to find and tap up a replacement ready to take over in May. I know this won't happen though, he'll probably be sacked after a disastrous start to next season in September.

But replace him with who Renton? I know it ain't your job blah blah blah but do you seriously believe that we could get a much better manager than Roeder? If we could have, I think Roeder would still be in charge of the academy. We all know how it is going to go - Roeder, the nice man who wouldn't say boo to anyone, the low maintenance who the board can control and dictate, will be left to clear the mess left by Souness for Shearer. That seems to be the plan anyway, I say plan...

The only thing that will get Roeder the sack is if fans turn on the board or if we are in real danger of going down, or if players start bumping into each other against Man City. That or new owners wanting their own man in. Reading between the lines though it seems Belgravia share this board's parochial views so I'm sure Shearer will figure highly in their plans anyway.

Edited by Howaythetoon

fucking kneejerk TBH, we cant start these fucking topics everytime we lose

How is planning for the next manager knee jerk? I've never changed my stance on Roeder, it has little to do with yesterday.

I'd say we use "planning" and use the remaining time of the season to find and tap up a replacement ready to take over in May. I know this won't happen though, he'll probably be sacked after a disastrous start to next season in September.

I'd put money on that like.

I'd put money on that like.

i'll give you odds of 1-5 on an august/september departure

fucking kneejerk TBH, we cant start these fucking topics everytime we lose

How is planning for the next manager knee jerk? I've never changed my stance on Roeder, it has little to do with yesterday.

Planning? :rolleyes:

We had 4 months or so to find Souness' replacement and...