Celebrity Big Brother

peasepud

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people confusing plain ignorance for racism is as big a crime if you ask me

You really believe they don't realise their comments are hurtful. You can't be ignorant these days about race...."Oh I didn't realise you were a Paki mate...You look Spanish"....

I agree with HP to an extent this isn't out and out racism, but soft racism cause they can't internalise their emotive response to the situation and some of Shipla's behaviour. IGNORANCE is no longer a defence in 2007. The fuckwits are even sadder cause they are revealing on national television their bonding rituals that go on every week down the local.

how can't you be raised ignorant just because it's 2007?

Apparently Jade has the same management company as Davina, Dermott and Brand.

This sent to all carphone warehouse employees by CEO

Dear All

You can't help but have noticed the comment and debate during the past 24 hours over the behaviour of the Housemates in the Big Brother House. The displays of racism and bullying by some of the participants is against everything Carphone Warehouse stands for and directly contradicts my own, and the company's values. Consequently, I have concluded that we have to pull our sponsorship and remove our association with the program. We will be putting this statement out in a few minutes, but I wanted you to know first.

The Carphone Warehouse suspends Celebrity Big Brother sponsorship

18th January 2007: The Carphone Warehouse Group ("Carphone Warehouse") today announces that it is suspending its sponsorship of Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother programme.

Charles Dunstone, CEO of The Carphone Warehouse said:

"Our concern has rapidly mounted about the broadcast behaviour of individuals within the Big Brother house. We are totally against all forms of racism and bullying and indeed this behaviour is entirely at odds with the brand values of The Carphone Warehouse. As a result we feel that as long as this continues we are unable to associate our brand with the programme.

"We had already made it clear to Channel 4 that, were this to continue, we would have to consider our position. Nothing we saw last night gave us any comfort. Accordingly we have instructed Channel 4 to remove our sponsorship name and branding with immediate effect."

I have no hesitation in taking this action and I share the concerns of those of you who have felt offended or victimised by the content of the program.

Yours ever

Charles

Edited by ChezGiven

This is awesome:

http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/danistatement.asp

Some highlights:

Danielle said in a throwaway manner "She wants to be white". This is much the same as when Danielle's friends tease her for her love of sunbathing and her mixed race friends joke with her.

Friend of Danielle's Leandra Anderson said "If Danielle had been putting on fake tan for example, we may joke with her that she's 'trying to be black' but that wouldn't be seen as racist or offensive"

--

"F*** off home" is a term frequently used sometimes as an insult and sometimes in a jovial fashion between young people today.

:rolleyes:

so are carphone warehouse going to monitor all their customer's calls for any signs of racism?

and as if nobody's been bullied in BB before, FFS, media opportunism

Spot on tbh, it's all to do with the 'r' word though isn't it? Part of the reason you never get much open, sensible debate about it is because people who say 'Paki' for example in a heated moment (not syaing that makes it ok) are heaped in with dyed-in-the-wool racists.

Apparently Jade has the same management company as Davina, Dermott and Brand.

This sent to all carphone warehouse employees by CEO

Dear All

You can't help but have noticed the comment and debate during the past 24 hours over the behaviour of the Housemates in the Big Brother House. The displays of racism and bullying by some of the participants is against everything Carphone Warehouse stands for and directly contradicts my own, and the company's values. Consequently, I have concluded that we have to pull our sponsorship and remove our association with the program. We will be putting this statement out in a few minutes, but I wanted you to know first.

The Carphone Warehouse suspends Celebrity Big Brother sponsorship

18th January 2007: The Carphone Warehouse Group ("Carphone Warehouse") today announces that it is suspending its sponsorship of Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother programme.

Charles Dunstone, CEO of The Carphone Warehouse said:

"Our concern has rapidly mounted about the broadcast behaviour of individuals within the Big Brother house. We are totally against all forms of racism and bullying and indeed this behaviour is entirely at odds with the brand values of The Carphone Warehouse. As a result we feel that as long as this continues we are unable to associate our brand with the programme.

"We had already made it clear to Channel 4 that, were this to continue, we would have to consider our position. Nothing we saw last night gave us any comfort. Accordingly we have instructed Channel 4 to remove our sponsorship name and branding with immediate effect."

I have no hesitation in taking this action and I share the concerns of those of you who have felt offended or victimised by the content of the program.

Yours ever

Charles

Well done Charles whoever you are.

so are carphone warehouse going to monitor all their customer's calls for any signs of racism?

Spot on tbh, it's all to do with the 'r' word though isn't it? Part of the reason you never get much open, sensible debate about it is because people who say 'Paki' for example in a heated moment (not syaing that makes it ok) are heaped in with dyed-in-the-wool racists.

Agreed.

Danielle said in a throwaway manner "She wants to be white".

To be fair, the Indian does bleach her face.

She bleaches her facial hair not her face. A lot of women do it from all ethnic backgrounds.

Agreed.

I'm not saying what this Carphone Warehouse has done is wrong btw, just agree with Vic that it's a bit rich to complain about bullying in Big Brother.

This is awesome:

http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/danistatement.asp

Some highlights:

Danielle said in a throwaway manner "She wants to be white". This is much the same as when Danielle's friends tease her for her love of sunbathing and her mixed race friends joke with her.

Friend of Danielle's Leandra Anderson said "If Danielle had been putting on fake tan for example, we may joke with her that she's 'trying to be black' but that wouldn't be seen as racist or offensive"

--

"F*** off home" is a term frequently used sometimes as an insult and sometimes in a jovial fashion between young people today.

For anyone who wants to log in a leave messages of support for the poor girl.

http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/celebr...s.asp?Topic=132

Didn't somebody on one of these boards go to an eviction a few years ago? I'll guess Wullie.

I missed this little gem, you cheeky bastard! Quite proud to say I've never watched an episode of this shite.

"Shilpa should f*** off home. She can't even speak English" - Danielle Lloyd.

If that's not racist then what is? :rolleyes:

And of course, Channel 4's very Comical Ali like response...

"There has been no overt racial abuse or racist behaviour in BB".

I totally disagree, If Shilpa had said "Jade should fuck off home, she can't even speak English"

Would that be racist ??

its just an observation between two people of two different ethnic origins, I don't see anything remotely racist in that.

Didn't somebody on one of these boards go to an eviction a few years ago? I'll guess Wullie.

I missed this little gem, you cheeky bastard! Quite proud to say I've never watched an episode of this shite.

Think it was Craig. :rolleyes: