• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Scousers

2. Brummies

3. People from Kent and SE London

That's just a league list of your prejudice tbh.

aye and?

It doesn't answer the question? You might hate scousers but they don't sound particularly thick as it's a fast accent.

I really hope you are having laugh mate.

Er, no. Why? You seriously think a scouser sounds thicker than a worzel? That's your prejudice at work again.

Scousers do tend to sound a bit thick!

OK. Seems I'm outvoted. But I've always found thick-sounding accents are the slow ones - West country, Brummie, some Yorkshire or Lancashire dialects, and after these probably Welsh and Geordie. I'm not saying scouse sounds nice tbh, far from it!

How much does Renton love Scousers man? :D

This more about Stevie's pathological hatred really.

What's every other thread where you defend Scousers about then? <_<

Guest stevieintoon

I think scousers sound thicker than the Welsh and even worse than a harsh Glaswegian accent. I actually cringe when I hear scousers. Aberdeen is a hard accent on the ears as well, but they don't sound thick, just like someones grandad but when they're 18.

I put Kent in because places like Chatham, Bexley'eef, Dartford, Maidstone, Tonbridge etc... they really have the most depressing charva nasal tones south of Manchester. Having said that I don't mind a Manchisdoh accent.

Edited by stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

OK. Seems I'm outvoted. But I've always found thick-sounding accents are the slow ones - West country, Brummie, some Yorkshire or Lancashire dialects, and after these probably Welsh and Geordie. I'm not saying scouse sounds nice tbh, far from it!

So scousers sound more intelligent than Geordies <_<:D

Mike Parry comes across as one of the more intelligent scousers, but even he sounds dense.

if you think slow accents sound thick, why do you think the Geordie accent sounds thick?

same criteria or different reason?

it's just that, I always thought the Geordie accent was pretty fast.

I think scousers sound thicker than the Welsh and even worse than a harsh Glaswegian accent. I actually cringe when I hear scousers. Aberdeen is a hard accent on the ears as well, but they don't sound thick, just like someones grandad but when they're 18.

I put Kent in because places like Chatham, Bexley'eef, Dartford, Maidstone, Tonbridge etc... they really have the most depressing charva nasal tones south of Manchester. Having said that I don't mind a Manchisdoh accent.

I think both geordie/mackem charvers and scouse scallies win the UK chav nasal tone hands down. Geordie is a nice accent but charver is an abomination.

So scousers sound more intelligent than Geordies <_<:D

Mike Parry comes across as one of the more intelligent scousers, but even he sounds dense.

I honestly don't think Parry does sound dense tbh. Fair enough if you do like.

Guest stevieintoon

I think both geordie/mackem charvers and scouse scallies win the UK chav nasal tone hands down. Geordie is a nice accent but charver is an abomination.

:D There's some funny n's aboot. The neds in Glasgow piss on geordie charva's for sounding thick, I don't even think it's an argument, but a harsh scouse accent wins by a country mile.

if you think slow accents sound thick, why do you think the Geordie accent sounds thick?

same criteria or different reason?

it's just that, I always thought the Geordie accent was pretty fast.

It's medium I'd say, but in all honesty don't you think there's a welsh ring to Geordie sometimes?

A soft scouse accent on a lass in lush tbh.

That's the thing like, a soft accent of almost any variety is endearing, especially on a lass. A harsh accent is nearly always horrible though unless it's your own. Again, this is more significant in lasses.