Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

"Jade Goody is a racist, pigfaced waste of blood and organs"

Clarkson has acquired legend status. :unsure:

I sincerely hope she was watching for that! It was a cracking comment ;)

I don't want to halt the TG love in here because I watch the show and enjoy it on the whole, but Jeremy Clarkson saying that was funny only because it allowed me to laugh at him rather than with him.

This is the man who (as far as I recall) has never worked with a non-white presenter and has never had a non-white guest. In fact, the only foreigner I've seen on the show was described only as "an illegal immigrant" and was part of a challenge to fill the back of a van as quickly as possible.

He also said at a motor show that...

people working on the Hyundai stand had "eaten a dog". and that the designer of the Hyundai XG had probably eaten a spaniel for his lunch. He also allegedly referred to those working on the BMW stand as "Nazis".[13] He has also described some BMW vehicles as "Nazi staff cars".

Also...

attracted complaints after agreeing with a Top Gear audience member that a featured car was a bit "gay" or "ginger beer" (rhyming slang for "queer").

He's obviously never watched an episode of Big Brother and if he had his viewers would be disgusted, he's commenting on stuff he knows fuck all about. Still, no change there. But it's worse this time as his ill thought out slating reflects perfectly both his own appearance and character.

Two words: Sanjeev Bhaskar.

Shove yer argument up yer arse :D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jade Goody is a racist, pigfaced waste of blood and organs"

Clarkson has acquired legend status. :unsure:

I sincerely hope she was watching for that! It was a cracking comment ;)

I don't want to halt the TG love in here because I watch the show and enjoy it on the whole, but Jeremy Clarkson saying that was funny only because it allowed me to laugh at him rather than with him.

This is the man who (as far as I recall) has never worked with a non-white presenter and has never had a non-white guest. In fact, the only foreigner I've seen on the show was described only as "an illegal immigrant" and was part of a challenge to fill the back of a van as quickly as possible.

He also said at a motor show that...

people working on the Hyundai stand had "eaten a dog". and that the designer of the Hyundai XG had probably eaten a spaniel for his lunch. He also allegedly referred to those working on the BMW stand as "Nazis".[13] He has also described some BMW vehicles as "Nazi staff cars".

Also...

attracted complaints after agreeing with a Top Gear audience member that a featured car was a bit "gay" or "ginger beer" (rhyming slang for "queer").

He's obviously never watched an episode of Big Brother and if he had his viewers would be disgusted, he's commenting on stuff he knows fuck all about. Still, no change there. But it's worse this time as his ill thought out slating reflects perfectly both his own appearance and character.

Two words: Sanjeev Bhaskar.

Shove yer argument up yer arse :D

Ian Wright aswell.

On a slightly serious note, re: BB. Much as I dislike Jade and what she (or rather her fame) says about society these days, what a load of fuss about fuck all.

On a slightly serious note, re: BB. Much as I dislike Jade and what she (or rather her fame) says about society these days, what a load of fuss about fuck all.

Ditto "Bloke Crashes Fast Car", to be honest.

Totally agree. Likeable as Hammond is.

If he'd just crashed a Corsa into a lampost i'd call it a big fuss over nothing, but crashing a car at 300mph and going into hospital with a brain injury is pretty serious news!

Is it fuck serious. Get a grip man! :unsure:

You can fuck off with the sympathy next time you're in hospital then. ;)

I didn't say I didn't sympathise with him tbh. It wasn't serious stuff though. To me, anyway.

To be honest the media have gone waaaay over the top about this. At the time it was very serious and people naturally were concerned, but he's come out of it unscathed and all is as it was before.

The the BBC announce they're going to show the clip and suddenly 3 million more people than normal tune in to watch the show. Clarkson even subtely made the point that the were putting the footage at the end of the show as they knew damned well the 'rubber neckers' would switch over just as soon as it was shown.

tbh once the program had started and they were into the feature on roadworks, i'd totally forgotten they were going to show it. It's only when they said "and now to Richard's crash" that I remembered.

Hammond himself hit the nail on the head - no mention of it again, it's over, in the past....

Time to get on with normality.

How have the media gone over the top though?

They reported it as it happened, which people wanted to know about - theres a long thread on here to back that up. The return of Top Gear and Hammond was always going to be in the news again, and the fact they were showing the crash added to the interest. Most people won't have watched TG for the crash though, they'll have watched it as its a quality show.

Don't think the media are dragging it out now or anything. Did you expect the show to return without a single mention of the crash? People wanted to see the crash, its human nature.

In reference to the stuff HF wrote above - is he meant to be racist, or is 2 and 2 being put together to make 5. I don't watch Top Gear so I don't see a great deal of him.

Clarkson has always been right wing, but I've never heard him say anything that could be construed as racist. Maybe a bit xenophobic, but not racist.

My point was that the term "Racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs" could just as easily (probably more accurately) be labelled at Clarkson as Goody. Not that either are particularly racist.

Edited by Happy Face

the whole show is a pathetic waste of space TBH

You're just pissed off cos they never show the advances in Penny-Farthing technology.

They reported it as it happened, which people wanted to know about - theres a long thread on here to back that up. The return of Top Gear and Hammond was always going to be in the news again, and the fact they were showing the crash added to the interest. Most people won't have watched TG for the crash though, they'll have watched it as its a quality show.

Don't think the media are dragging it out now or anything. Did you expect the show to return without a single mention of the crash? People wanted to see the crash, its human nature.

That's my point Ally, it was news back then - quite why they've really had to go OTT over the return of a series which was never in doubt is beyond me.

And you're not telling me that the viewing figures went up by 60% simply because it's a quality show? :unsure: Ben interesting to see how many tune in again on Sunday - not as many I bet.

I didn't expect it to return without a mention, but it didn't need the hype that it had. I think the 3 dealt with it well, there was a bit of joviality, thanks from Richard to the people who helped him and then, importantly, it was on with the show.

Sadly he'll always be known as the bloke who almost killed himself in a jet car rather than one of the guys off Top Gear and Brainiac. I doubt that's what he wants.

That's my point Ally, it was news back then - quite why they've really had to go OTT over the return of a series which was never in doubt is beyond me.

And you're not telling me that the viewing figures went up by 60% simply because it's a quality show? :unsure: Ben interesting to see how many tune in again on Sunday - not as many I bet.

I didn't expect it to return without a mention, but it didn't need the hype that it had. I think the 3 dealt with it well, there was a bit of joviality, thanks from Richard to the people who helped him and then, importantly, it was on with the show.

Sadly he'll always be known as the bloke who almost killed himself in a jet car rather than one of the guys off Top Gear and Brainiac. I doubt that's what he wants.

Maybe to you, but not to me.

Aye as far as i'm concerned he's a television presenter who had a crash, and is now well again. Can't see any indications otherwise, its not as if the crash made him famous is it?

If a bloke had tried the record, crashed, and THEN got a job on Top Gear then i'd agree with you, but that didn't happen. :unsure:

Maybe to you, but not to me.

Until he does something that spourns more column inches then it's pretty much his epitaph tbf.