Private number plates

nufc4ever

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7eec_1.JPG

These babies are on sale on ebay at the moment...

Link

I have personalised number plates on my car. Plenty of people have them in WA although i didnt see many in Melbourne when i was over there last.

:blink::):up::P

:suicide::yes:angry::yes

:no :no :no :no

:no :no :no :no:no :no :no :no

well they don't hurt anyone and they make £££ for the licensing authorites

AND you know what sort of person you're dealing with when you see one

There's a portable toilet outfit somewhere in the Uk that has a set of lorries with BOG1, BOG2 etc etc plates

I did see a hot hatch with "M4 LAD" once on the M25 - and got out of the way quick

I had one a few years back on my Civic Type-R that cost me £250 off the DVLA which went with the car when I sold it.

They do look ok on half decent cars as long as theyre not fucked about with too much with illegal spacing/lettering etc.

My mate has one that's been valued in the tens of thousands (his dad bought it when he was 6). If I was him I'd be getting shot and paying a chunk off my mortgage or something. Total waste of money imo.

what is it like?

Jesus1? :blink:

I had one a few years back on my Civic Type-R that cost me £250 off the DVLA which went with the car when I sold it.

They do look ok on half decent cars as long as theyre not fucked about with too much with illegal spacing/lettering etc.

I'm looking at the new Type-R, what do you think of it?

The reason I asked about car specific ones is that MY07 CTR is available. :blink:

I'm looking at the new Type-R, what do you think of it?

The reason I asked about car specific ones is that MY07 CTR is available. :blink:

I had an 03 plate (old shape one). Ive not driven the new one yet so cant really comment on it other than to say then engine is pretty much the same as the old one (same 2 litre engine). I think they have lowered the point that the VTEC kicks in a bit and made a few tweaks here and there.

As for the body shape Im still undecided about it. Im going to wait until the new Type-R comes out in March and go from there. I had a lot of fun in my Type-R when I had it. I ended up spending about 3 grand on various mods before selling it for an RS Focus. The gearbox in the CTR is brilliant (I think its the same one in the new model). All I would say if you do get one is to check the oil regularly as they tend to be a bit thirsty on the oil front sometimes.

I think the worst examples are when people have a private plate on a shit car. I once saw a private plate on an old Austin Metro which was rusting as it moved.

Fuck's sake man, spend the money on a better car!

Saw a bloke yesterday with one that read BARRY. It was almost impossible to work out what the original number plate had been because of the pissing about he'd done with the letters/numbers.

I'm pretty sure it was R17 BRY, but the vertical part of the 7 went straight up instead of being diagonal, and the horizontal part was dead short. He then had a bolt inbetween the 1 and the 7 to complete his A. He'd pissed about with a bolt on the R to create a B as well, and done something with the B to turn it into an R.

And all this effort so that everyone could be sure that he has a shit name. :blink: