OMG ITZ DEADLINE DAY!!111

Gemmill

so if Larson had borken his leg on Dec 31st, or his club's manager changed and he decided he wanted to keep him, what happens?

There's been an incident just like that in this transfer window. Peterborough were trying to buy a bloke from Dagenham & Redbridge and havd a pre-contract agreement (most likely with some form of down payment made). Then Peterborough sacked their manager and the player had a change of heart and decided he wanted to stay at D&R (was also being linked with a move to a bigger club in the summer).

Peterborough chairman was threatening to take it to the courts and as a result, the player did make the move....

egg fucking sactly

a point lost on all these fuckers

imagine if we had agreed to sell harper or huntington or butt 2 months ago. I'm not saying you shouldn't always have targets in mind, which of course we do, but to go to the lengths of contracting players before you can move them is pointless. The simple fact that only Larson has been dealt with this way illustrates the point.

You fucking thick shit. ;) This doesn't support your argument. It's just an example of a bizarre cycle of events. You are a fucking moron Vic, and you're embarrassing yourself with this contrary stance.

yet you fail to accept that Larson is a one off event, and that is not how 99% of transfer business is done.

A one-off event? Now I know you didn't miss alex's post Vic, because you've already replied to it and tried to move the goalposts again.

I hope you don't come across this stupid at uni, Vic. Lego might be as good as it gets for you.

not one premiership club in that list. Most of it's fucking scottish clubs FFS. How is that even relevant?

You asked for another player that signed during this transfer window for which negotiations were made prior to the window opening. Agreed? I would say a list of players that signed during this transfer window for which negotiations were made prior to the window opening was the very definition of relevant.

Is it sinking in?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;):nufc::nufc:

He's changing his question again, after he's asked it and been given an answer. :nufc: Fucking priceless.

Painfully predictable too.

what useless piggyback oneliners into debates that don't involve you? yes, predictable is what you are tbh

Breathtaking hypocrisy as well as crass stupidity. How does this debate exclusive to you and Gemmill or Alex? It's a public forum ffs.

so if Larson had borken his leg on Dec 31st, or his club's manager changed and he decided he wanted to keep him, what happens?

There's been an incident just like that in this transfer window. Peterborough were trying to buy a bloke from Dagenham & Redbridge and havd a pre-contract agreement (most likely with some form of down payment made). Then Peterborough sacked their manager and the player had a change of heart and decided he wanted to stay at D&R (was also being linked with a move to a bigger club in the summer).

Peterborough chairman was threatening to take it to the courts and as a result, the player did make the move....

egg fucking sactly

a point lost on all these fuckers

imagine if we had agreed to sell harper or huntington or butt 2 months ago. I'm not saying you shouldn't always have targets in mind, which of course we do, but to go to the lengths of contracting players before you can move them is pointless. The simple fact that only Larson has been dealt with this way illustrates the point.

You fucking thick shit. ;) This doesn't support your argument. It's just an example of a bizarre cycle of events. You are a fucking moron Vic, and you're embarrassing yourself with this contrary stance.

yet you fail to accept that Larson is a one off event, and that is not how 99% of transfer business is done.

A one-off event? Now I know you didn't miss alex's post Vic, because you've already replied to it and tried to move the goalposts again.

I hope you don't come across this stupid at uni, Vic. Lego might be as good as it gets for you.

not one premiership club in that list. Most of it's fucking scottish clubs FFS. How is that even relevant?

I only listed those player as an example. Spurs signed two players on January 2nd though, hope that's relevant enough for you.

where has 'planning' got you then?

sure you have in mind potential targets before the window opens, but that's just it. Anyone suggesting Roeder didn't have that is a fucking moron. My point is, until you are in a position to talk terms and sign contracts, what's the fucking point. And then, when it turns out none of your potential deals come off, you are still up shit creek whether you started talking in October or the middle of January. Putting up Larson as an example of how it should be done, when in fact it is the only example of a contract signde before the window, is ludicrous in the extreme, especially when it's a deal we could never have done even if we tried.

See that is where you are wrong.

The transfer window only restricts when you can actually transfer a player from one club to the next, it doesn't restrict you from negotiations or transfer fees or player contract details!

again, name me a player other than Larson where this happened this january????

http://kicker.de/fussball/bundesliga/wechselboerse/

Bayern loaned Dos Santos (Paraguayan international) to Wolfsburg, a deal that was agreed on December 18th.

Mainz signed Marius Niculae (Romanian international) on December 11th

Gladbach signed Gohouri (Ivorian international) on December 28th

Bochum signed Epalle (Cameroon international) on December 19th

A couple of other big name players moved at the start of January. Mind, the clubs even weren't in a hurry as the Bundesliga only started again last weekend...

Vic also seems to forget what happened two Januarys ago - 30th December - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4131987.stm

2nd January - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4119197.stm

Souness might be been a thick twat but he at least knew the basics of how to deal with a transfer window.

Whey if that's the standard then perhaps Vic's arguement stands. ;)