OMG ITZ DEADLINE DAY!!111

Gemmill

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we sign Shaun Maloney from Celtic for £1M - or did I just halucinate that when I woke up just now on my sofa following a post-work-drinks-binge session?

Ignore that ;) I clearly misheard it - Villa signed him, and the Sky reporter is merely a shite communicator.

Edited by GeordieMessiah

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=4...=rss&clid=4

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"As hard as I tried today I couldn't make a breakthrough," said Roeder.

"I think it's a terrible time to have a transfer window.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

;)

Where can you start on the amount of rubbish he comes out with?

God he's a fucking cretin isn't he? I mean fancy someone springing a one-day transfer window on him on the day he has a game. The man is as thick as pigshit.

"It's a terrible time to have a transfer window".

It's a month you wanker. It doesn't matter where in the year it comes, and it's not like you didn't know it was coming. Fucking arsehole.

you give me one example, just one that will do, of a contracted first team player agreeing to leave their club this year for another club before the window started.

I won't even put the pre-condition on that it should be a player we wanted or needed.

The only people you are likely to get before the window are out of favour or out of form players.

FFS players are willing to stay at the likes of Southampton than come to us FFS, but it's oh so fucking easy to get things done isn't it?

bullshit

Henrik Larsson. What do I win? Other than making you look like a penis. And don't come back with "He's not a first team player" because he's better than anything we've got so being a first team player is irrelevant.

you give me one example, just one that will do, of a contracted first team player agreeing to leave their club this year for another club before the window started.

I won't even put the pre-condition on that it should be a player we wanted or needed.

The only people you are likely to get before the window are out of favour or out of form players.

FFS players are willing to stay at the likes of Southampton than come to us FFS, but it's oh so fucking easy to get things done isn't it?

bullshit

Henrik Larsson. What do I win? Other than making you look like a penis. And don't come back with "He's not a first team player" because he's better than anything we've got so being a first team player is irrelevant.

or we had any chance of getting

bullshit

So you're adding conditions after someone answers your question now?

"....or isn't Swedish."

"....or didn't used to have dreadlocks."

Fact is that when people point at who has moved in the window and go "See! There's not that many players available", it is bollocks. The players that do move aren't the only ones that can move. It's not like there's a finite amount available and once they're shared out that's your finish. In Roeder's two transfer windows we have managed to sign:

- A loanee that barely got a game

- A left back that's yet to get a game

- An attacking midfielder (Sibierski) that shouldn't get a game - he's not good enough regardless of his purple patch earlier in the season

And Duff, Martins and Onyewu, all of whom the jury is still out on to verying degrees.

One centre half (on loan) and no full backs to speak of, despite the fact that it's blatantly obvious that the back 4 needs a complete overhaul. Not good enough.

bullshit

So you're adding conditions after someone answers your question now?

"....or isn't Swedish."

"....or didn't used to have dreadlocks."

Fact is that when people point at who has moved in the window and go "See! There's not that many players available", it is bollocks. The players that do move aren't the only ones that can move. It's not like there's a finite amount available and once they're shared out that's your finish. In Roeder's two transfer windows we have managed to sign:

- A loanee that barely got a game

- A left back that's yet to get a game

- An attacking midfielder (Sibierski) that shouldn't get a game - he's not good enough regardless of his purple patch earlier in the season

And Duff, Martins and Onyewu, all of whom the jury is still out on to verying degrees.

One centre half (on loan) and no full backs to speak of, despite the fact that it's blatantly obvious that the back 4 needs a complete overhaul. Not good enough.

I think you might find there is a finite amount

people homestly belive ~Glenn sits there and does nothing for a whol month until the last day?

fucking tards

he has tried to do deals, which fail for one or all of the following reasons:

a) player does not want to come to the arse end of the world to play for a mid tbale team (most likely)

;) we cannot match required fee (i.e. someone else can)

c) we cannot meet personal terms (i.e. someone else can)

d) club do not want to sell player (usually the case for a decent 'proven'premiership player)

what is so hard to understand in that?

people homestly belive ~Glenn sits there and does nothing for a whol month until the last day?

fucking tards

a) player does not want to come to the arse end of the world to play for a mid tbale team (most likely)

d) club do not want to sell player (usually the case for a decent 'proven'premiership player)

A second transfer window in a row? And it's always down to the circumstances, the weather and the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow?

I am pretty sure that Glen was doing more than nothing. What I am not sure is that he handled the situation well. The availability of players can already get checked before the window even starts which means that you can narrow down unrealistic options quite early. But if you have to ring around on January 31st (as Roeder openly admitted he did) then you have done your "planning" seriously wrong.

fucking tards

e) the player does not want to play for a no-mark manager like Roeder.

Roeder will never be able to attract the top players like Robson or Keegan could. Add to this our location and the fact that we are completely skint, and we have little hope of improving.

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

you think Larsson would come here?

mongwd

fucking tards

Roeder will never be able to attract the top players like Robson or Keegan could. Add to this our location and the fact that we are completely skint, and we have little hope of improving.

Roeder can hardly change the fact a player won't want to play for him now can he?

fucking tards

A second transfer window in a row? And it's always down to the circumstances, the weather and the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow?

I am pretty sure that Glen was doing more than nothing. What I am not sure is that he handled the situation well. The availability of players can already get checked before the window even starts which means that you can narrow down unrealistic options quite early. But if you have to ring around on January 31st (as Roeder openly admitted he did) then you have done your "planning" seriously wrong.

you honestly think Roeder made first contact on Jan 31?

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

mongwd

Was that included in the conditions of your question? Nope. You wanted details of a transfer that was agreed prior to the window opening. You laid it down as a challenge as if you were the man, and no one would be able to prove you wrong on this one. It took me about two seconds to think of Larsson and simultaneously make you look like a penis. :nufc:

Just admit defeat tithead.

fucking tards

Roeder can hardly change the fact a player won't want to play for him now can he?

If he can't, don't you think thats cause for concern?

I can well believe it was left up until the last minute (metaphorically speaking), i.e. waiting until after Xmas before making tentative enquiries.

fucking tards

yes, but this is a thread slagging roeder for what he has/has not done

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

mongwd

You think you can read and acknowledge the bit in bold above, penis boy? :nufc:

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

mongwd

Was that included in the conditions of your question? Nope. You wanted details of a transfer that was agreed prior to the window opening. You laid it down as a challenge as if you were the man, and no one would be able to prove you wrong on this one. It took me about two seconds to think of Larsson and simultaneously make you look like a penis. :nufc:

Just admit defeat tithead.

fuck off gemmil

only you would need an obvious fucking point like that explained for you

fucking tards

:nufc: we cannot match required fee (i.e. someone else can)

Are you setting the criteria by which Roeder's (lack of) ability can now be criticised then? Whatever suits your argument I suppose. ;)

bullshit

;)

Pwned tbbh

mongwd

You think you can read and acknowledge the bit in bold above, penis boy? :nufc:

you think you can spell context eejit? you think you can form associational conepts in that tiny lump of goo in the middle of your skull?

fucking tards

:nufc: we cannot match required fee (i.e. someone else can)

Are you setting the criteria by which Roeder's (lack of) ability can now be criticised then? Whatever suits your argument I suppose. ;)

you think it's worth debating that in the context of his performance in getting players? Can he seriously change that? What's he supposed to do, in invite them round his house for the weekend to win them round?