OMG ITZ DEADLINE DAY!!111

Gemmill

Guest Patrokles

Apparently Frederic Piquionne is having a medical at Monaco.

According to the same sources that claim we're signing Babel and SWP.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the lad on N-O say it was from Eurosport?

I didn't read the whole thread properly.

Guest Patrokles

Didn't the lad on N-O say it was from Eurosport?

I didn't read the whole thread properly.

I read it on 606.

defiantly not mate, they said it on SSN. GR has confirmed there will be no one else coming in. As for this talk of were still on the look out for a striker, well, we will just have to wait and see the excuses probably something the along the lines off, players back from injuries are like new signings

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=4...=rss&clid=4

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"As hard as I tried today I couldn't make a breakthrough," said Roeder.

"I think it's a terrible time to have a transfer window.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

;)

Where can you start on the amount of rubbish he comes out with?

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

;)

Someone wants to get him a new calendar tbh.

Edited by Hatful Of Hollow

I like the way it's the fault of the timing of the window, because deals are too hard to do when there's matches on - this from the bloke who waited until the season was underway before he got off his arse in the summer. Tit.

Edited by Wullie

;)

you could start by appreciating that you are not and never will be manager of Newcastle United and ergo have no fucking idea what is involved in the job and no basis whatsoever for being able to criticise his comments, ya daft twat

I like the way it's the fault of the timing of the window, because deals are too hard to do when there's matches on - this from the bloke who waited until the season was underway before he got off his arse in the summer. Tit.

It's not like there's been matches on every day in January, I think he must have a massive panic-attack at the start of the window, and by the time he recovers it's the 28th.

;)

you could start by appreciating that you are not and never will be manager of Newcastle United and ergo have no fucking idea what is involved in the job and no basis whatsoever for being able to criticise his comments, ya daft twat

:nufc: What a tit.

;)

Not a denial tbh.

;)

Not a denial tbh.

Don't need to. The residents of this board are sensible enough to make their own conclusions.

;)

Not a denial tbh.

Don't need to. The residents of this board are sensible enough to make their own conclusions.

Repeat after me Wullie. I will never be manager of Newcastle United

put down the Lambrusco and just recite the words. I know you can do it. Come on now....

Vic man... even the most depressingly pessimistic of us could see he isn't restrcited to negotiations during the window. You can quite legally, legitimately and reasonably make arrangements for transfer window signatures outside of the transfer window.

Our needs have not changed one iota since this time last season, we still need a defensive overhaul and bodies up front.

Why the fuck we haven't signed any of the innumerable players who have begun careers at clubs in far more precarious positions, is a mystery.

To say that "as we're not football managers we are not entitled to pass judgement on our manager" is the kind of idiocy I hold in the lowest regard.

Of course your response will probably remark that you couldn't care less what I think, until you read that bit... then it will be deliberately screened and edited to seem as though you, for once, had an original thought. ;)

End of the day, every man jack of us saw the flaws and weaknesses of this Newcastle side, now while we may disagree with the priority we still maintain that we needed a few defenders and a striker or two.

We signed one center half.

This is frankly not good enough.

P.S. Leazes, we scored 3 goals today... maybe if we had a defence of note, one that could clear the ball beyond our 18 yard box, we'd have scored more?

Edited by The Fish

I will be the first to admit that I have no idea of what is involved in being a manager of Oxford United much less Newcastle United... but didn't the man just have a ten day break??? Seems like he is taking lessons from Freddy on how to comment on transfer periods...

you give me one example, just one that will do, of a contracted first team player agreeing to leave their club this year for another club before the window started.

I won't even put the pre-condition on that it should be a player we wanted or needed.

The only people you are likely to get before the window are out of favour or out of form players.

FFS players are willing to stay at the likes of Southampton than come to us FFS, but it's oh so fucking easy to get things done isn't it?

bullshit