So You Think You Can Nurse?

catmag

People do seem to be a lot more cynical about healthcare professionals now for some reason, I've met more than a few people who seem to think that all doctors and nurses are incompetent and that they know better. Morons.

I think in olden times when I was a bairn no-one knew anything about health care and you worshipped medics

these days people watch TV and the papers are full of things about health and medicine

The mystique has gone and peopel see them as the same as ther est of us - some good, some bad and (of course) the Saintly like our loving colleague

I'm not saying that they should be above criticism - far from it. But the media and the internet have made people suspicious without cause, and you often get patients questioning what you do or demanding this treatment or that treatment without really knowing what they're talking about.

Edited by luckyluke

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're also accountable to the public 24/7 aswell, even when we're off duty. So should I ever find Rob collapsed in the street, I have a professional duty to do something about it. Now therein lies a dilemma.... :lol:

shoot me on the spot - anything than spend time in the hands of health care professionals in a disease ridden hospital...................

:lol::unsure::):)

I have it in writing now!! :D

The mystique has gone and peopel see them as the same as ther est of us - some good, some bad and (of course) the Saintly like our loving colleague

Hells bells - I'm no saint. :lol:

We're also accountable to the public 24/7 aswell, even when we're off duty. So should I ever find Rob collapsed in the street, I have a professional duty to do something about it. Now therein lies a dilemma.... :lol:

shoot me on the spot - anything than spend time in the hands of health care professionals in a disease ridden hospital...................

:lol::unsure::):)

Whoa but wait a second Cath.. how bad do we want to make things for dear old Rob? If he's unconscious there's always the matter of implied consent. He could be stuck full of tubes and catheters before he woke up.

:unsure::):):D

Whoa but wait a second Cath.. how bad do we want to make things for dear old Rob? If he's unconscious there's always the matter of implied consent. He could be stuck full of tubes and catheters before he woke up.

This is true. I could always intubate him without any muscle relaxant :lol: He would need a 14G cannula aswell of course...

This is true. I could always intubate him without any muscle relaxant :lol: He would need a 14G cannula aswell of course...

See now there's a start.. heaven forbid he have any sort of infection... rocephin IM sans lidocaine... go on.. provoke the nurses...

One in the back of each hand, naturally. Although it would be more fun to put them in if he was awake.

One in the back of each hand, naturally. Although it would be more fun to put them in if he was awake.

Yeah, that's true. I could always have some Propofol handy around here in case he gets a liitle bit too tiresome. It would only work for 5 minutes or so but it would give us a break :D

Yeah, that's true. I could always have some Propofol handy around here in case he gets a liitle bit too tiresome. It would only work for 5 minutes or so but it would give us a break :D

This is getting rather geeky but some sux would be good for a giggle...race ya!

This is getting rather geeky but some sux would be good for a giggle...race ya!

Watch out for those fesciculations!! [/medical clique-tastic!]

I feel no pain - anyway I have a donor card and the quack reckons they'll have my heart & lungs anytime (years of yelling and screaming in the Gallowgate End of course) - pity about the eyes and the hearing and of course there aren't many people around with a skull big enough to take my monstrous brain..................

1. you knew what the conditions were before you trained

2. there are better paid nusring jobs in the private sector

3. there are better nursing jobs overseas

4. nursing isn't the only job where workers are urged to do unpaid work

5. if you're that overworked you're actually endangering the patients you are charged to care for

6. if you're all in the same boat then you are all complicit in your lot

Guest Patrokles

It just seems to me that teachers and the medical profession seem to go on and on about how tough their lives are when, in fact, they aren't that bad at all

Bollocks. People in every profession moan about their jobs and their lives. It's dependent upon the individual rather than the job. Having said that, if a very high proportion of teachers and nurses complain about how tough their jobs are, then doesn't logic dictate that their jobs ARE tougher than those that have a low proportion of people complaining? It's not difficult to see.

Guest Patrokles

People do seem to be a lot more cynical about healthcare professionals now for some reason, I've met more than a few people who seem to think that all doctors and nurses are incompetent and that they know better. Morons.

I think in olden times when I was a bairn no-one knew anything about health care and you worshipped medics

these days people watch TV and the papers are full of things about health and medicine

:lol::lol::unsure::):)

'I just watched Richard and Judy, followed by Neighbours and Most Haunted, now I'm a fucking genius!'

Guest Patrokles

teachers start on £25k and get 6 weeks off so they can fuck right off

Vic in 'doesn't know what he's talking about but will anyway' shocker.

Guest Patrokles

disprove it wankstain. I double dare you

Alright.

All qualified teachers are paid according to pay scales, set each April by the Government. Starting on the 'main' pay scale, each year, subject to performance, you will move up a step until you reach the maximum level or move on to a scale associated with a different position or level of experience.

Once you have completed your initial teacher training and achieved qualified teacher status (QTS), from September 2007 you can expect to start as a newly qualified teacher (NQT) in England and Wales on £20,133 a year.

:lol::lol::unsure::)

I managed to prove you wrong in about 30 seconds. Your turn. Disprove you're a complete fucking mong. GO!

Edited by Patrokles

Alright.

All qualified teachers are paid according to pay scales, set each April by the Government. Starting on the 'main' pay scale, each year, subject to performance, you will move up a step until you reach the maximum level or move on to a scale associated with a different position or level of experience.

Once you have completed your initial teacher training and achieved qualified teacher status (QTS), from September 2007 you can expect to start as a newly qualified teacher (NQT) in England and Wales on £20,133 a year (or £24,168 if you work in inner London).

I managed to prove you wrong in about 30 seconds. Your turn. Disprove you're a complete fucking mong. GO!

aye, nowhere near

and I know 3 teachers that have been in not more than 2 years now on £25k. You calling me a liar arse features?

Guest Patrokles

Alright.

Once you have completed your initial teacher training and achieved qualified teacher status (QTS), from September 2007 you can expect to start as a newly qualified teacher (NQT) in England and Wales on £20,133 a year (or £24,168 if you work in inner London).

aye, nowhere near

and I know 3 teachers that have been in not more than 2 years now on £25k. You calling me a liar arse features?

I'd be willing to speculate that the vast majority of teachers aren't teaching in inner London. You come across as incredibly stupid, so often.