How long have you been in your job?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you stay in a job* for longer than say 3 years and are not promoted then your salary will start falling behind anyone who joins into the same job

*a real job, where the salary is decided by market economics, not the government or unions

if you stay in a job* for longer than say 3 years and are not promoted then your salary will start falling behind anyone who joins into the same job

*a real job, where the salary is decided by market economics, not the government or unions

I work in the private sector, my girlfriend in the public sector, however I'm under no illusions as to which of us has the 'real job'. Talking out your arse again, or just looking for a chomp? Congrats if it's the latter.

Wack is conspicuous by his absence in this thead, wonder why??

Is it cos he's a jobless lay about now under the pretence he's looking after the bairn and letting his lass go out to earn the dollars!

Been in my job 5 years now which is incredible considering the things I've done and have gotten away with!

I work in the private sector, my girlfriend in the public sector, however I'm under no illusions as to which of us has the 'real job'. Talking out your arse again, or just looking for a chomp? Congrats if it's the latter.

real as in how your pay is decided, you huffy tart

real as in how your pay is decided, you huffy tart

Poor choice of word then, I'll let you off :lol:

Don't have a job as I'm a student now but before this I worked in my first job for two weeks, it was fucking shite. Was in the next one for 2 years and the next one for 1 year before quiting to come to Uni.

Don't have a job as I'm a student now but before this I worked in my first job for two weeks, it was fucking shite. Was in the next one for 2 years and the next one for 1 year before quiting to come to Uni.

You could still get a part time job like. You fucking lay-about.

:lol:

You could still get a part time job like. You fucking lay-about.

:lol:

Think I'm going to have to as I'm skint! Spent too much of my loan on going to Toon games. :lol:

Think I'm going to have to as I'm skint! Spent too much of my loan on going to Toon games. :lol:

Get the one you mentioned the other day, mate. Sounds perfect for yee!

Aye my mate had an interview for it the other day and he got the job but it doesn't start till April!!

Any of you old bastards manage to get onto a final salary pension scheme? I started not so long back at 21, and just missed it. Only a few places doing it now... Apparantly for us standard pensioners we'd have to save a hundred grand just to make 5 K per annum on our pension.

Could end up earning 20K per annum when retiring on a final salary of 60 - 70 K..... Complete joke.

Hard times are ahead.

Guest stevieintoon

Me, this one 7 years. I have been in two others for 9 years each time. My ambition is to be 10. :lol:

So it was a lie that you owned your own company? I'm not surprised, I always pictured you as a 50 something gentleman who helps out on £5.35 an hour, in a small carpet company.

Keep that picture in your head knob.

I don't lie no need, people on here who I have contacted through business know. Unlike you, you seem to have dropped your claim to designing the cat avatar after I put the name of the designer up.

What job are you in, how long have you been in it?

The picture is lodged in my head I can't imagine it any other way.

bucknall%20carpets.jpg

I've just landed a good job as it happens, I start on Monday, only downside is I have to go down to London for a day once every 3 months.

Me, this one 7 years. I have been in two others for 9 years each time. My ambition is to be 10. :lol:

So it was a lie that you owned your own company? I'm not surprised, I always pictured you as a 50 something gentleman who helps out on £5.35 an hour, in a small carpet company.

I don't lie no need, people on here who I have contacted through business know. Unlike you, you seem to have dropped your claim to designing the cat avatar after I put the name of the designer up.

bucknall%20carpets.jpg

I've just landed a good job as it happens, I start on Monday, only downside is I have to go down to London for a day once every 3 months.

Well done Stevie on the new job :unsure:

Been in my job for nigh on 6 years now. Cant see meself changing either :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

bucknall%20carpets.jpg

Well done Stevie on the new job :)

Been in my job for nigh on 6 years now. Cant see meself changing either :lol:

Cheers Andy lad. My boss is a Tottenham fan :unsure: and is without doubt the poshest bloke I've ever spoken too. "I will endeavour to find out for you Steve." I mean who the fuck taaks like that???

Guest stevieintoon

By the way, Stevie, I've dealt with shinton in a professional capacity and can confirm what he's said to be true. :lol:

I didn't think you were a solicitor.

bucknall%20carpets.jpg

Well done Stevie on the new job :)

Been in my job for nigh on 6 years now. Cant see meself changing either :unsure:

Cheers Andy lad. My boss is a Tottenham fan :) and is without doubt the poshest bloke I've ever spoken too. "I will endeavour to find out for you Steve." I mean who the fuck taaks like that???

A Tottenham fan ?????? :lol:

Depends what you class as your job,

Ive worked for the same employer for 16 years now in its three different guises, Contributions Agency, Inland Revenue and now HMRC but in that time Ive moved around job wise within it.

So the answer is either 16 years or 14 months depending on what you mean by "job", and before any of you say it.....

Thats quite a range, maybe we should split the difference..say 8 years 5 months??? :lol:

Depends what you class as your job,

Ive worked for the same employer for 16 years now in its three different guises, Contributions Agency, Inland Revenue and now HMRC but in that time Ive moved around job wise within it.

So the answer is either 16 years or 14 months depending on what you mean by "job", and before any of you say it.....

Thats quite a range, maybe we should split the difference..say 8 years 5 months??? :lol:

pedant....

pedant....

That was the job before last, you taught me everything I know :lol:

I can confer also with the Shinton support, Ive dealt with him professionally and hes a true professional.

Best goddam fluffer ever :lol: