The French Central Defender ....

Ugly Mackems

.... cost £8.5 million from Rangers in January and is comfortably proving to be the biggest waste of money ever in Graeme Souness' managerial career.

Rangers fans could not believe how much Souness shelled out for the lumbering oaf and it's easy to see why the Scots smapped Newcastles hands off when the offer arrived at Ibrox

The Suns Shaun Custis appraisal which sadly is 100% accurate.

i'd say he's helped Titus no ends but you can't really say that for Taylor as everyone knew what quality he would become regardless and hadn't really had a chance before he came long, as Titus was having a mere before Boum came along so you can say that

Titus was playing well before Boum, they just really gelled as a combiantion and Bramble stepped up another level, but he was ready to do that anyway, though i do think Boum played a part. Taylor was ready no matter who is partner is as he is class and has shown that whenever he plays, but again i don't doubt Boom is a decent partner for taylor to be alongside.

One of the biggest myths of the deluded Newcastle fans is that Souness has "shored up" the defence. He hasn't, in fact last year we had the worst record in our premiership history.

Still people will believe what they want to.....

Being Newcastle it didn't matter how bad our defence was because we was always going to score goals. But now we're not creating chances, like i said last season when we was without a win for a while without Robert this is what it will be like next season.

One of the biggest myths of the deluded Newcastle fans is that Souness has "shored up" the defence. He hasn't, in fact last year we had the worst record in our premiership history.

21221[/snapback]

along with the myth of how bad our defence was under Keegan

21221[/snapback]

21230[/snapback]

Quite.

I think people assumed we had a poor defence under Keegan because we played with such flair. Likewise they assume we have a good defence under Souness because we play with no flair whatsoever!

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The fact that our defense didn't look troubled at all in the first half and looked a mess in the second with no changes to defense and three changes to midfield yesterday tells a story that is not captured by statistics doesn't it? No matter how good your defense is, if all your midfield does is give the ball away cheaply any team, even AC Milan, will get into trouble..

The fact that our defense didn't look troubled at all in the first half and looked a mess in the second with no changes to defense and three changes to midfield yesterday tells a story that is not captured by statistics doesn't it? No matter how good your defense is, if all your midfield does is give the ball away cheaply any team, even AC Milan, will get into trouble..

21530[/snapback]

Which was shown by how they capitulated in Istanbul.

21530[/snapback]

Don't know, but Horseface's free header, Given's clearance in the one-on-one against Ronaldo, Ronaldo's free way after Bowyer carelessly gave away the ball but blasting wide looked much more troubling than Newcastle's "attempts" to be honest.

21221[/snapback]

21230[/snapback]

Quite.

I think people assumed we had a poor defence under Keegan because we played with such flair. Likewise they assume we have a good defence under Souness because we play with no flair whatsoever!

Nothing could be further from the truth.

21235[/snapback]

All correct. It was continual media bullshit that Keegan's team had a shite defence, our record was never bad and considering our all out attackign style our record was bloody good!

With the negative defensive tactics Souness is playing, full of "proper" hard working tacklers, we should hardly be letting a single goal in at all to compensate for the fact we score very few.

However we do still concede goals a plenty under Souness but with the added bonus of scoring none at the other fucking end. And the final nail in the coffin is that with all these defeats we get to watch zero entertainment every match as well for our money.

.... cost £8.5 million from Rangers in January and is comfortably proving to be the biggest waste of money ever in Graeme Souness' managerial career.

Rangers fans could not believe how much Souness shelled out for the lumbering oaf and it's easy to see why the Scots smapped Newcastles hands off when the offer arrived at Ibrox

The Suns Shaun Custis appraisal which sadly is 100% accurate.

21162[/snapback]

Thats not how I remember it. Rangers were desperate to hang onto him. Whilst we may have overpaid, most of us were keen to get him here. He's no Jonny Woodgate but I like him and I admire him holding his hands up and admitting he had a 'mare and cost us a (possible) point.

This is why I hate the tabloids.

I know, seeing as he gave both goals away on purpose with the sole intention of fucking us off, why don't we put him in stocks in Leazes park for the afternoon. That'll teach him, justice will be served, and he'll never do it again.

I know, seeing as he gave both goals away on purpose with the sole intention of fucking us off, why don't we put him in stocks in Leazes park for the afternoon. That'll teach him, justice will be served, and he'll never do it again.

21751[/snapback]

Seems like it's all he deserves.

Edited by Sima

21751[/snapback]

I'd rather put him in the stocks on Exhibition Park and pelt the useless fuck with gallons of unused Ruby Murray!

JEAN Alain Boumsong was big enough to accept the lion's share of blame for Manchester United's 2-0 victory at St. James' Park.

But the French centre-back remains confident Newcastle United can still enjoy a successful season despite picking up only one point from their first four games.

Defensive lynchpin Boumsong admitted he was caught out for the second-half strikes by Wayne Rooney and Ruud Van Nistelrooy that secured the points for Sir Alex Ferguson's Red Devils.

Speaking to Newcastle World TV afterwards, he said: "We were well in the game, but unfortunately I committed two mistakes and I apologise for that.

"It was not the moment to commit them, especially for an experienced player like me. I feel very sorry and I hope the fans understand.

"It's not the gaffer's fault we've lost, it's mine and I take that responsibility."

Despite Newcastle's start to the season, French international Boumsong is sure brighter times lie ahead.

He added: "We need a break and a goal to lift us. Hopefully that will come soon in the next game.

"I hope people will give us time to build up this team. We have quality in the team and we can do well. I know it's difficult to say it after four games and only one point for a big club like Newcastle, but we have to keep working hard."