**MICHAEL OWEN SIGNS FOR NEWCASTLE!**

Tom_NUFC

To be fair, anti Souness chants would have been something else entirely, completely unacceptable and I dont think young Dan was saying that.

Having said that Souness mass hysteria is just ridiculous. He will almost certainly have had nothing to do with this transfer at all (from the point of view of Michael's decision to come). Every manager would want Michael Owen in their team, Souness hasnt pulled off some miracle Thierry Henry signing that nobody has ever heard of. Thats not to knock him, it's just stating facts.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here. :rolleyes: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

I just hope that the criticisms the fans had of Souness are not washed away just because Owen has signed.

To be fair, anti Souness chants would have been something else entirely, completely unacceptable and I dont think young Dan was saying that.

Having said that Souness mass hysteria is just ridiculous. He will almost certainly have had nothing to do with this transfer at all (from the point of view of Michael's decision to come). Every manager would want Michael Owen in their team, Souness hasnt pulled off some miracle Thierry Henry signing that nobody has ever heard of. Thats not to knock him, it's just stating facts.

24711[/snapback]

Said better than I could.

24711[/snapback]

24722[/snapback]

Nee botha kidda! Cath doesnt like being wrong mind so prepare for some histrionics from the Low Fell area! :rolleyes:

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :rolleyes: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

I just hope that the criticisms the fans had of Souness are not washed away just because Owen has signed.

24719[/snapback]

There is a third camp. The one that I'm in.

Souness sceptics.

I don't hate him. I don't slag him. I just don't see him turning us around.

When you get home tonight and watch the reports of what happened today, tell me that you aren't proud to be a Newcastle fan and are willing to see what the future brings to this club. Souness is not the best manager we have ever had but he's here and he's trying to do his job. Today he did it quite well, and deserves our backing because he's not going fucking anywhere at the moment. He's not perfect, he's not popular, and he's probably not right in the long run but I think to say he had nothing to do with this signing is bollocks, frankly.

24711[/snapback]

24722[/snapback]

Nee botha kidda! Cath doesnt like being wrong mind so prepare for some histrionics from the Low Fell area! :rolleyes:

24729[/snapback]

Cath has an opinion - that's all. And she's more than prepared to stand up for it. :angry:

Hang on, you're both making me out to be the only anti-Souness person here.  :angry: I never said there should be Souness Out chants either.

24719[/snapback]

There is a third camp. The one that I'm in.

Souness septics.

I don't hate him. I don't slag him. I just don't see him turning us around.

24732[/snapback]

You wanna see a doctor about that mate! :rolleyes:

When you get home tonight and watch the reports of what happened today, tell me that you aren't proud to be a Newcastle fan and are willing to see what the future brings to this club.  Souness is not the best manager we have ever had but he's here and he's trying to do his job.  Today he did it quite well, and deserves our backing because he's not going fucking anywhere at the moment.  He's not perfect, he's not popular, and he's probably not right in the long run but I think to say he had nothing to do with this signing is bollocks, frankly.

24736[/snapback]

Hang on, if you're talking about me, I've already seen it. He did do well today, but it doesn't mean I have to think he is a good manager or chant his name. :rolleyes:

And mancy, I'm already prepared man. :angry:

When you get home tonight and watch the reports of what happened today, tell me that you aren't proud to be a Newcastle fan and are willing to see what the future brings to this club.  Souness is not the best manager we have ever had but he's here and he's trying to do his job.  Today he did it quite well, and deserves our backing because he's not going fucking anywhere at the moment.  He's not perfect, he's not popular, and he's probably not right in the long run but I think to say he had nothing to do with this signing is bollocks, frankly.

24736[/snapback]

so you're a Low Fell girl then? I spent me formative years living on Kells Lane, tell me how is the old place looking this days?

24736[/snapback]

so you're a Low Fell girl then? I spent me formative years living on Kells Lane, tell me how is the old place looking this days?

24743[/snapback]

I've only been in Low Fell for 3 1/2 months but Kells Lane is doing just fine. I live at the top of it :rolleyes:

24711[/snapback]

Agree with that. Any anti Souness or Freddie chants their would make us look like complete cocks and make Owen think what the hell is he joining!

And agree again as most managers in the world can say i want Owen he's good and if they're lucky the chairman and club are able to get them. The top managers will unearth great players from nowhere or vastly improve players the already have.

Not to say Souness hasn't played any part, i don't know what he said and did to help convince Owen and if he did anything then good on him he deserves credit if he did. But ultimately signing Owen is somethign any manager would be doing if they had the resources.

24736[/snapback]

I'm sorry, saying that he had nothing to do with it was a bit of an exaggeration admittedly.

What I meant to say was that Souness' input would not have made the slightest bit of difference in Michael's mind when deciding which club to join.

PS wind your neck in, of course I'm proud of what's happened. :angry::rolleyes:

What I meant to say was that Souness' input would not have made the slightest bit of difference in Michael's mind when deciding which club to join.

24749[/snapback]

Who d'you think yee are like? Alan Oliver? :rolleyes:

"I know FOR A FACT that Souness had NO INFLUENCE on Mr Owen. The woman who mops the floor in the chip shop where Kluivert used to go said so :lol:"

:angry:

24749[/snapback]

"I know FOR A FACT that Souness had NO INFLUENCE on Mr Owen. The woman who mops the floor in the chip shop where Kluivert used to go said so :lol:"

:lol:

24760[/snapback]

Cath, you're only arguing because the 'making up' is sooooooo much fun! :angry:

24749[/snapback]

:angry:

24760[/snapback]

As I understand it Graeme Souness did play some part in convincing Michael Owen to join Newcastle United. He might not be the best football manager but he is always good with words. He also gives good interviews to the chronicle but not to the radio if they don't ask him nice questions. That is in contrast to several Newcastle players who don't give interviews to the Comical at all.

Sources of the club also indicated that Brett Emerton will be a Newcastle player at the end of the week.

Still no sign of Dickov tbh.

24800[/snapback]

plenty of time, he'll save the best till last!

24814[/snapback]

Do you think Shearer will offer him the number 9 ?