Fat Fred

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Decisions  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, for a while I thought that LeasesMag was a well-informed person with inside knowledge of the goings-on at St. James' Park, but after reading all his posts I have come to the conclusion that he is nothing more than a pedantic, self-congratulating efusive egoist who is forever attempting to insist that he alone is the only one who knows everything there is to know about Newcastle United. I find it sad that he hasn't the sense nor objectivity to see that for the most part he makes a fool of himself by trying to infuse people with his opinions.

And it will be interesting (perhaps laughable) to read his response to my assimilation of him. :(

What a shame, Tony. I was prepared to think that as an older supporter you could have some knowledge to show me, but it has became obvious that you do not.

In fact, as I have said, your knowledge and awareness of the club from the 1960's until 1992 appears to be zero. But you aren't alone, so don't let it worry you.

What a shame you are also too dumb to realise that until the schoolteacher hurled abuse at me simply for disagreeing with him - or showing him to be wrong - you have slated me for being the abusive one on the basis that you for some reason think he is right, when he isn't, or don't have a mind of your own. Which, again, is surprising and a great shame for someone of your age, who could have a lot to tell us all, if only you had kept on supporting the club during the 30+ years when you said you did.

Wow its like you were trying to prove everything he said was correct all in one post, well done :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, for a while I thought that LeasesMag was a well-informed person with inside knowledge of the goings-on at St. James' Park, but after reading all his posts I have come to the conclusion that he is nothing more than a pedantic, self-congratulating efusive egoist who is forever attempting to insist that he alone is the only one who knows everything there is to know about Newcastle United. I find it sad that he hasn't the sense nor objectivity to see that for the most part he makes a fool of himself by trying to infuse people with his opinions.

And it will be interesting (perhaps laughable) to read his response to my assimilation of him. :(

What a shame, Tony. I was prepared to think that as an older supporter you could have some knowledge to show me, but it has became obvious that you do not.

In fact, as I have said, your knowledge and awareness of the club from the 1960's until 1992 appears to be zero. But you aren't alone, so don't let it worry you.

What a shame you are also too dumb to realise that until the schoolteacher hurled abuse at me simply for disagreeing with him - or showing him to be wrong - you have slated me for being the abusive one on the basis that you for some reason think he is right, when he isn't, or don't have a mind of your own. Which, again, is surprising and a great shame for someone of your age, who could have a lot to tell us all, if only you had kept on supporting the club during the 30+ years when you said you did.

Big kid! You have hurled abuse left right and centre to all and sundry for eons. Then moan when I make a perfectly accurate statement. You are a retard! :(

Grow up, youre embarrassing yourself.

I suggest you let Noelie debate on his own, which in my opinion is very childish of you. I'm sure he's big enough to do it

Is calling someone a schoolteacher similar to calling someone a retard LOL

You ARE a KK bandwagon jumper aren't you too ? Is this why you are defending Noelie LOL

Retard is perfectly accurate in your case. Noelie is perfectly correct about you. At this point I do as most tend to and ignore your posts. They are generally shite. Not unlike the stuff between your ears tbh :(

Nb: the answer to the last question is no! Careful with those bad colds :)

Shame gram. I am sure I am correct about you and Noelie.

Shame you can't stop being abusive either, instead of proving me wrong through posting factual information, which is what a knowledgeable and clever person would do LOL

Last response to you. How you have the nerve to come out with the abuse angle is beyond belief! Incredible!

Youre not worth bothering with. :blink:

Like lots of so-called academic know it all fuckwits, you can't accept that you are wrong. And when you are and can't respond, you abuse people because you are stuck in a corner with no way out. I can just see you now thinking to yourself

"you can't argue with me, I'm a teacher, I have qualifications, little kids listen to me, they look up to me, I am always right, my intellect is superior to yours, you should be in awe of me"....except you have no experience of the real world, or life beyond the idealistic stuff you preach to kids that you were taught yourself, and in reality know fuck all about anything.

Add to the fact, that you know nothing about me, and never will either.

I put you in a corner and you couldn't get out, so you started hurling insults. I knew at that point that yuu are not one of the rare half decent and sensible schoolteachers, but instead one of the loonie tossers that are stuck in a dream world.

Have you answered the questions I asked you about Clough, and Newcastle yet ? As you say you know more than Clough and Newcastle than me ? I think anyone who knows about Clough and Newcastle from that time will find that a pretty basic question.

Unless, you are a liar, along with being an idiot, which I suspect is the case.

Wow its like you were trying to prove everything he said was correct all in one post, well done :)

The only thing I am proving, Jon, is that he is one of a few people on this board who say they have always supported this football club, and so have knowledge of it, but don't. And don't.

And it will be interesting (perhaps laughable) to read his response to my assimilation of him. :)

Well now, I did say your response might be 'perhaps laughable' and it most certainly is. To begin with my name is not 'Tony' and never has been but perhaps you are a little wrapped up in a labour towards twisted humour. My nickname is Noelie an extrapolation of Noel my given name but if you wish to refer to me as Tony then by all means do.

Pray tell us where I have slated you for being an 'abusive one', and pray tell us where I have made any reference to thinking anyone is right, and where I have made any comment connected in any way to a schoolteacher. In fact my post was directly pointed at you and your pedantic, self-congratulatiny efusive egoism and did not refer to anyone other than you. Perhaps you are too dumb to see that.

And again you show your inability to assimilate given information, your comment about my '30+ years' of supporting the club is off by a large amount. If say I started supporting the club as a schoolboy at say 14 years of age(actually I was about 8) and supported the club relentlessly since then, I'm pretty sure you can total that up(can you?) and it comes to about 60 years of support.

No doubt you will respond to this in your usual assinine way which I have come to expect, but perhaps you should realise that in a battle of written words you are not gifted enough to win out.

Edited by Noelie

And it will be interesting (perhaps laughable) to read his response to my assimilation of him. :)

Well now, I did say your response might be 'perhaps laughable' and it most certainly is. To begin with my name is not 'Tony' and never has been but perhaps you are a little wrapped up in a labour towards twisted humour. My nickname is Noelie an extrapolation of Noel my given name but if you wish to refer to me as Tony then by all means do.

Pray tell us where I have slated you for being an 'abusive one', and pray tell us where I have made any reference to thinking anyone is right, and where I have made any comment connected in any way to a schoolteacher. In fact my post was directly pointed at you and your pedantic, self-congratulatiny efusive egoist and did not refer to anyone other than you. Perhaps you are too dumb to see that.

And again you show your inability to assimilate given information, your comment about my '30+ years' of supporting the club is off by a large amount. If say I started supporting the club as a schoolboy at say 14 years of age(actually I was about 8) and supported the club relentlessly since then, I'm pretty sure you can total that up(can you?) and it comes to about 60 years of support.

No doubt you will respond to this in your usual assinine way which I have come to expect, but perhaps you should realise that in a battle of written words you are not gifted enough to win out.

My references to "schoolteacher" are directed at gram. I am surprised you cannot see this, having presumably read the posts correctly.

As is my reference to you as Tony, being that I previously said you were the Tony Blair of toontastic. Are you saying you missed this too ?

I am not too "dumb" to accept that you had possibly seen a lot more of Newcastle United than me. [nor to need to be told what I have just told you in the paragraphs above] . As I have also said, I am quite sad that that is in fact not the case. I can assure you if it were so, I would have listened with interest to anything you felt you would like to tell me about the club which was before the time I started supporting the club. Unfortunately, it became obvious you don't know too much about the club since I myself supported the club, but I am more than prepared for you to prove this is not the case, and in fact would quite enjoy reverting to my first hope ie that you can in fact be a source of knowledge to me. Cases like the Eastham transfer, players such as Len White, I have heard of these players but I did not see them. I have only ever came across one person who has been able to tell me things about these 2 eras - to name 2 - and unfortunately I have not seen this person for a number or years and only met him 2 or 3 times.

Fact is, Noelie, you appear to agree with the current younger lads - and KK bandwagon jumpers - in their views on the current board. Having pointed out where this club was for decades prior to them taking over the club, an experienced person like yourself should know that what i say is true. The only alternative is that you aren't in fact aware of how it was. Which is relevant, because it shows how well they have done during their time in charge. Carry on disagreeing with me if you like, but in my eyes this does nothing other than confirm the belief that you were not in fact interested in the club, because if you were, you would not dispute it.

I am also not trying to "win" anything BTW. I am putting the situation as it was. What reason would I have to do otherwise ?

Well now, I did say your response might be 'perhaps laughable' and it most certainly is. To begin with my name is not 'Tony' and never has been but perhaps you are a little wrapped up in a "labour" towards twisted humour. My nickname is Noelie an extrapolation of Noel my given name but if you wish to refer to me as Tony then by all means do.

As is my reference to you as Tony, being that I previously said you were the Tony Blair of toontastic. Are you saying you missed this too ?

No I didn't miss that, but you obviously missed my subtle use of the word 'labour' in my response.

Perhaps you're not as smart as you think you are.

I am also not trying to "win" anything BTW. I am putting the situation as it was. What reason would I have to do otherwise ?

Every reason to try and win people over to your way of thinking.

Well now, I did say your response might be 'perhaps laughable' and it most certainly is. To begin with my name is not 'Tony' and never has been but perhaps you are a little wrapped up in a "labour" towards twisted humour. My nickname is Noelie an extrapolation of Noel my given name but if you wish to refer to me as Tony then by all means do.

No I didn't miss that, but you obviously missed my subtle use of the word 'labour' in my response.

Perhaps you're not as smart as you think you are.

Every reason to try and win people over to your way of thinking.

no I didn't miss the use of the word "labour", its not as if it is used liberally ..... unless one of the girls choose to tell us one day about their experience or expectancies of childbirth :)

As I explained, it isn't my "way of thinking", I am describing the club as it was. Your comment sadly confirms the view that you don't really know the club as it was.

Shame you can't tell me anything about the time before 1964 either. Quite disappointing really. Feel free to open a topic if you change your mind.

Bolton did manage to poach Gary Speed from us, however, and therein lies another tale of how disjointed the manager-chairman relationship had become. On our tour to the Far East, John Carver suddenly informed me, 'We've had an offer for Gary Speed from Bolton.' I knew nothing about it, so I went in search of the chairman for clarification. On no account did I want Gary Speed to leave. First I caught up with the player himself.

'Gary, what's all this about you wanting to go to Bolton Wanderers? I know nothing about it. The chairman hasn't mentioned it to me. When John Carver told me an hour ago I was aghast. What do you want to go to Bolton for?'

'The club are going to let me go,' Gary said. 'If you don't know anything about it, you'd better see the chairman.'

'As far as I'm concerned, you're not going to Bolton Wanderers,' I told him 'You're staying here'

That saturday night, the day of our game, I tried the chairman's room, reception, the restaurant and the bar. Eventually, I was told he was out. I was so angry I sat in the foyer, waiting, for half an hour. Finally, the chairman's figure appeared in the doorway and I confronted him there and then. Under cross examination he denied all knowledge of Gary's impending move. It was heading into the realms of farce. The next step, naturally, was to go back to Gary. I spoke to him on our flight from Hong Kong.

'The chairman says he knows nothing about this Bolton thing,' I said and left it there. We arrived back in Newcastle on the Monday morning and, early that afternoon, the chairman called me. 'Gary Spped's in here with me, he wants to see you. He wants to say goodbye,' he said.

'What?' I exclaimed.

The deal had been completed that morning. Fifty years in the game have taught me that you cannot construct a transfer in four hours. The idea that a player of Gary Speed's calibre can be sold in four hours is absurd and yet I was being told throughout the weekend that the club knew notning of Bolton's interest in one of our most valued players.

'Gary, this is not my doing,' I told him. 'I want to keep you.' .

That's shocking if true :rolleyes:

What about the rumours that Shearer sat in on Allardyce's interview. Was that true or urban myth?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What reason would the chairman have to sell Gary Speed having been at the club and did well for the club for a number of years ? If it was over a contract and terms issue, then that is the one area which is a chairmans/boards prerogative. However, Baggio and others on here complain when the club spends money on players then also complain when they don't.

You have to remember that this is from Bobby Robson. The same Bobby Robson who tried to tell us selling a 7m player who had been injury prone for 2m approx was "not a loss". The same Bobby Robson who had by the vast majority of fans view, was clearly beginning to show signs of his age catching up with him in many areas. The same Bobby Robson, who even in good health when he was England manager, used to walk into a broom cupboard at Wembley thinking it was the door to the dressing room [this is in a biography about him]. He is bound to defend himself, having been sacked, removed from office, whatever you want to call it, he is also bound to feel bitter. Who wouldn't ?

Who knows the truth. At the end of the day, these "debates" are about the board, not really Bobby Robson. And this current board have done a good job for the club, they have backed their managers and shown ambition, but too many people think they will be easy to replace with better directors, in spite of being reminded to look around at other clubs who have changed boards and directors for the worse, along with the fact that only 4 clubs have qualified more for europe than we have over the past decade, ought to tell anyone with a bit of common sense that there is not that much scope available to go higher, nor will they necessarily be prepared to back their managers in the transfer market like the current directors, although of course it would be nice.

I can accept that's only Bobby Robson's version, Leazes, which is why I said 'if true'. But if it is true, I still think it's shocking. I accept it's the chairman's prerogative if it's a contract issue but still think it should be common courtesy to tell your manager what you're doing.

Bolton did manage to poach Gary Speed from us, however, and therein lies another tale of how disjointed the manager-chairman relationship had become. On our tour to the Far East, John Carver suddenly informed me, 'We've had an offer for Gary Speed from Bolton.' I knew nothing about it, so I went in search of the chairman for clarification. On no account did I want Gary Speed to leave. First I caught up with the player himself.

'Gary, what's all this about you wanting to go to Bolton Wanderers? I know nothing about it. The chairman hasn't mentioned it to me. When John Carver told me an hour ago I was aghast. What do you want to go to Bolton for?'

'The club are going to let me go,' Gary said. 'If you don't know anything about it, you'd better see the chairman.'

'As far as I'm concerned, you're not going to Bolton Wanderers,' I told him 'You're staying here'

That saturday night, the day of our game, I tried the chairman's room, reception, the restaurant and the bar. Eventually, I was told he was out. I was so angry I sat in the foyer, waiting, for half an hour. Finally, the

chairman's figure appeared in the doorway and I confronted him there and then. Under cross examination he denied all knowledge of Gary's impending move. It was heading into the realms of farce. The next step, naturally, was to go back to Gary. I spoke to him on our flight from Hong Kong.

'The chairman says he knows nothing about this Bolton thing,' I said and left it there. We arrived back in Newcastle on the Monday morning and, early that afternoon, the chairman called me. 'Gary Spped's in here with me, he wants to see you. He wants to say goodbye,' he said.

'What?' I exclaimed.

The deal had been completed that morning. Fifty years in the game have taught me that you cannot construct a transfer in four hours. The idea that a player of Gary Speed's calibre can be sold in four hours is absurd and yet I was being told throughout the weekend that the club knew notning of Bolton's interest in one of our most valued players.

'Gary, this is not my doing,' I told him. 'I want to keep you.' .

That's shocking if true :rolleyes:

What about the rumours that Shearer sat in on Allardyce's interview. Was that true or urban myth?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. What reason would the chairman have to sell Gary Speed having been at the club and did well for the club for a number of years ? If it was over a contract and terms issue, then that is the one area which is a chairmans/boards prerogative. However, Baggio and others on here complain when the club spends money on players then also complain when they don't.

You have to remember that this is from Bobby Robson. The same Bobby Robson who tried to tell us selling a 7m player who had been injury prone for 2m approx was "not a loss". The same Bobby Robson who had by the vast majority of fans view, was clearly beginning to show signs of his age catching up with him in many areas. The same Bobby Robson, who even in good health when he was England manager, used to walk into a broom cupboard at Wembley thinking it was the door to the dressing room [this is in a biography about him]. He is bound to defend himself, having been sacked, removed from office, whatever you want to call it, he is also bound to feel bitter. Who wouldn't ?

Who knows the truth. At the end of the day, these "debates" are about the board, not really Bobby Robson. And this current board have done a good job for the club, they have backed their managers and shown ambition, but too many people think they will be easy to replace with better directors, in spite of being reminded to look around at other clubs who have changed boards and directors for the worse, along with the fact that only 4 clubs have qualified more for europe than we have over the past decade, ought to tell anyone with a bit of common sense that there is not that much scope available to go higher, nor will they necessarily be prepared to back their managers in the transfer market like the current directors, although of course it would be nice.

I can accept that's only Bobby Robson's version, Leazes, which is why I said 'if true'. But if it is true, I still think it's shocking. I accept it's the chairman's prerogative if it's a contract issue but still think it should be common courtesy to tell your manager what you're doing.

Agreed.

I think the Board deserve more credit than they receive by some of NUFC supporters but i think a few bad decisions have been made and going behind the managers back with Speed, Bowyer and Woodgate count amongst them.

Leazes, you should feel free to say that these were bad decisions (going behind the Managers back, not the actual selling of them per se) without it meaning you've withdrawn your support for the board.

Freddie didn't follow correct protocol there and it should be acknowledged, doesn't mean i'll call for his head!

Shame you can't tell me anything about the time before 1964 either. Quite disappointing really. Feel free to open a topic if you change your mind.

Shame you're so silly!!

I could tell you about things that happened before 1964, and 1954, even some before 1944(I was 12 in '44) but what would that prove to someone as hard-headed as you. You can find most anything you want to know about Newcastle United from books, old newspapers, biographys', or word of mouth from someone who was part of the establisment at some point in time.

Of course you can always refute, and argue against about anything you read or hear, which is something you seem prone to do, and be quite prolific at, at least in your own mind(but not in the minds of others)

And, as for me to start a topic would merely provide another soapbox for you to continue your pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoism. I have enough respect for others whereby I would be most reticent in giving you further opportunites to expound your self-righteous, often wrong opinions.

Shame you're so silly!!

I could tell you about things that happened before 1964, and 1954, even some before 1944(I was 12 in '44) but what would that prove to someone as hard-headed as you. You can find most anything you want to know about Newcastle United from books, old newspapers, biographys', or word of mouth from someone who was part of the establisment at some point in time.

Of course you can always refute, and argue against about anything you read or hear, which is something you seem prone to do, and be quite prolific at, at least in your own mind(but not in the minds of others)

And, as for me to start a topic would merely provide another soapbox for you to continue your pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoism. I have enough respect for others whereby I would be most reticent in giving you further opportunites to expound your self-righteous, often wrong opinions.

Why don't you then ?

And you are right, I would disagree with you about anything from 1964 that I saw differently to you, but I KNOW that I have seen things at first hand, not from someone else's book, or whatever, since that time. However there is a difference between opinion and fact. If you said the club was run like a sack of shit, and based that on league positions etc then it is impossible to argue. If you said that a certain player, for instance Jinky Jim Smith, was a top quality player then I would disagree because I thought he was a liability for 90% of games he played in, which is fact but boils down to judgement, you might want him in the team for the 10% but I would not.

And you are quite wrong if you suggest that I would expound my "self righteous, often wrong opinions" because most of what I say on here ie only 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us in the last decade, is FACTUAL INFORMATION, and not an "opinion". Pity also you harp on about me being provided with a "soapbox" because I think people who come on here and slate the club, and ignoring such factual information, is also using it as a "soapbox", hence me posting factual information which sometimes disproves what they say. But I can't help that, it is quite simply, correct, and can't be argued with.

It isn't my fault if people are unable to accept that the current board have raised the club massively during their time in charge, all I can do, and have done, is present facts. I have no idea why they don't have the ability to take factual information and accept it as such. Which is, in fact, pretty silly.

Is anybody else really bored of Leazes now?

yup

He doesnt get it at all. I'm bored of him too. I refuse to reply to his nonsense.

it is facts, and telling the realistic possibility that a new board could be far worse than the current one. Only a thicko, or a teacher, could be so idealistic and stupid not to see that this is entirely possible.......especially one who has seen a board at the club that ran the club far worse than the current one...or says he did.

Nowt more boring than fools who haven't got the sense to look at factual information and draw conclusions from it ie only 4 clubs have appeared in europe more than us in the past decade, the club has made big strides forward since being taken over in 1992. The conclusion is simply - good word for you that BTW ie simple - that you DIDN'T witness this period, as you certainly don't understand it.

Can you provide a link to a post on here where someone has said anyone is better than Fat Fred?

Can you provide a link to a post where someone has said Fred out and suggested any one person they have in mind, even when I have asked them to name us who they think is better, or denied they just want him out, full stop ?

I don't think more than a few people, if anyone at all, has even acknowledged the point I have made on many occasions, that the current majority shareholder is in fact Hall, and not Fred either, such is the constant ignorance of people shown on here regarding factual information.

Those new West Ham owners could have replaced Fred and Dogless, I suppose they would have done !!!! :rolleyes:

Is anybody else really bored of Leazes now?

yup

He doesnt get it at all. I'm bored of him too. I refuse to reply to his nonsense.

"Don't pay him any attention, you'll just encourage him"

Textbook teacher tbh. :naughty:

Neither do I, I used to find it funny how Renton etc would say "I'm not arguing with you anymore" then get dragged in again (as Baggio has done on this very page) but even that's got boring now.

I reckon I can sum up this debate in two llines:

Is Fat Fred better than the Westwoods & McKeags of yesteryear? YES

Should that make him immune from criticism? NO

There, easy innit :naughty:

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is also beyond the comprehension of some, for some reason, that being taken over by people who would run the club like the Westwoods and McKeags again is impossible, yet they are unable to explain why. Intelligent people like some of the posters on this board surely ought to be able to explain why this is so ?

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is now apparent that in addition to your being a pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoist you have revealed an even darker and more pitiful side to your somewhat dubious character. You are now resorting to false accusations and observations which have no foundation or merit and are obviously figments of your somewhat twisted mind.

I have never slated the board, I have never thought the current board have done nothing for the club, and I am not a KK bandwagon jumper as you allege. I have supported the club since before you were even born and seen more glory-days than perhaps you ever will.

It is my considered opinion that you should seek professional help to solve your apparent mental problems before they deteriorate further. And do yourself a favour by not trying to get the better of Noelie with your falsehoods and asinine rhetoric.