David Beckham

spongebob toonpants

Totally agree. Didn't see the game, but I heard rave reports on the radio this morning. Thing is, even if he wasn't better than the likes of Lennon and SWP he should have been kept as a squad player for the wealth of experience he brought (what is it, 94 caps?). The fact that he actually is better than them makes it just a ridiculous decision from that utter fuckwit in charge of the national team.

I know people will say that it's hard to feel sorry for Beckham when he's got all that cash blah blah, but of the recent English set-up, he's the one that I've always thought was really proud to be playing for his country and didn't just see it as a footballing status symbol like some of the tossers, who I think just feel that it makes them a bigger star. So I do feel sorry for him cos I think he'll be gutted not to be getting picked any more, and not to have made it to 100 caps.

Edited by Gemmill

Totally agree. Didn't see the game, but I heard rave reports on the radio this morning. Thing is, even if he wasn't better than the likes of Lennon and SWP he should have been kept as a squad player for the wealth of experience he brought (what is it, 94 caps?). The fact that he actually is better than them makes it just a ridiculous decision from that utter fuckwit in charge of the national team.

I know people will say that it's hard to feel sorry for Beckham when he's got all that cash blah blah, but of the recent English set-up, he's the one that I've always thought was really proud to be playing for his country and didn't just see it as a footballing status symbol like some of the tossers, who I think just feel that it makes them a bigger star. So I do feel sorry for him cos I think he'll be gutted not to be getting picked any more, and not to have made it to 100 caps.

Forgetting his form for the minute, but is his experience that valuable? Arguably the bloke has captained 2 of the biggest failures of potential in decades of international competition. I mean, he knows the routine etc, but does he really have the experience of a winner?

I watched the Real Madrid game last night. It is just ridiculous that Beckham isnt in the England squad, he is in a completey different class than Lennon or Wight Phillips.

On last nights display he is a damn sight better than Lampard

If SWP is in the squad then so can I!!!

Seriousley though, when he isnt getting a game for Real neither is SWP and the latter gets a game in a friendly then so should Beckham!

McClaren trying to make a name for himself the ginger twat!

Top post, totally agree. I think Maclaren's a prat, just trying to put his own mark on the team instead of using the best resources available. I can't fathom why the FA thought it was a good idea to put him in charge of the national team, there were better choices avaiable than that useless shite. What makes it worse is it's making it look like Sven did more than he actually did by Maclaren making the team look so bad!

Top post, totally agree. I think Maclaren's a prat, just trying to put his own mark on the team instead of using the best resources available. I can't fathom why the FA thought it was a good idea to put him in charge of the national team, there were better choices avaiable than that useless shite. What makes it worse is it's making it look like Sven did more than he actually did by Maclaren making the team look so bad!

Thats what we all wanted wasnt it? An English manager at the helm?

Forgetting his form for the minute, but is his experience that valuable? Arguably the bloke has captained 2 of the biggest failures of potential in decades of international competition. I mean, he knows the routine etc, but does he really have the experience of a winner?

Pretty sure he might have picked up a few medals while at Man U. :mellow:

Mac: Becks form a problem

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 21 Feb 2007

England coach Steve McClaren concedes David Beckham's current form has given him a problem.

Beckham has not played for his country since relinquishing the captaincy after the World Cup finals, but remains available for selection.

After a couple of impressive performances for Real Madrid in recent weeks, there has been a clamour for him to be recalled for England's Euro 2008 qualifiers with Israel and Andorra next month.

McClaren is happy to see the midfielder back to form and is keeping an open mind about including Beckham in his next squad.

"It gives me a problem, but it's one of the problems you welcome, players putting pressure on and performing well in their clubs," McClaren told Sky Sports News.

"It's a problem I'd rather have than not have, so it will be interesting."

The England boss also praised the manner in which Beckham has responded from being told he would not play for Real again to having a major impact in the 3-2 UEFA Champions League win over Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

"That's all you get from David Beckham, a reaction from every adversity he has gone through in his career," added McClaren.

"He has always bounced back, has always been professional and got on with the job.

"It's pleasing to see. A month ago he would never play for Real Madrid again and there he is starring in the game against Bayern Munich and being man of the match."