Songs you've never tired of listening to

Happy Face

My good earphones broke :lol:

So I'm left with my phone earphones and space for just 5 or so songs. I carefully selected tracks that never get boring....

The Thermals – Here’s Your Future

The Strokes – Reptilia

Comets on Fire – Sour Smoke

James Brown – Think

Guns N Roses – Welcome To The Jungle

These 5 have been on repeat since 9.30am and I’m only now starting to get a bit tired of Sour Smoke.

Which songs never get boring for you?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No such thing, I wouldn't have thought. I've never been able to do that. My sister generally likes crap music (female warblers) and tends to have maybe 3 favourites on any one album. Go on a car journey with her, and she'll literally listen to a song and then rewind it again as it fades. She can do this 3 or 4 times before getting bored. Infuriating.

Some nice long GSYBE songs are what you want. That way at least it will take you a while to listen to them!

Tried a couple of albums. Not fussed on them. Not a fan of Sigur Ros either (arjen robben or whatever it was called was ok). Too impatient to get to the lovely bit to sit through 20 minutes of preamble.

Sexy Love - NeYo

Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene... - Fall Out Boy

Halo - Bethany Joy Lenz

Hold On - Jamie Walters

Everything - Lifehouse

Edited by MrBass

Guest Patrokles

Some nice long GSYBE songs are what you want. That way at least it will take you a while to listen to them!

Tried a couple of albums. Not fussed on them. Not a fan of Sigur Ros either (arjen robben or whatever it was called was ok). Too impatient to get to the lovely bit to sit through 20 minutes of preamble.

Some would contest that it's all about build-up and release of tension. Personally I have to be in the right mood. Not really a fan of S.R. though.

Some would contest that it's all about build-up and release of tension. Personally I have to be in the right mood. Not really a fan of S.R. though.

Always tempted to stick all the 'lovely bits' together. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Although not long songs, take something like 'The Falconer' by Nico or 'Mask' by Bauhaus. They're both very ugly songs for a significant length of time, but when they suddenly shift into a beautiful bit, it makes it seem all the better. The impact would be notably lessened if it was just 4 minutes of pretty music. Same of Scott Walker's 'The Electrician.'

Although not long songs, take something like 'The Falconer' by Nico or 'Mask' by Bauhaus. They're both very ugly songs for a significant length of time, but when they suddenly shift into a beautiful bit, it makes it seem all the better. The impact would be notably lessened if it was just 4 minutes of pretty music. Same of Scott Walker's 'The Electrician.'

Always in awe of your knowledge Patricia.

Lovely voice when he gets going.

Guest Patrokles

His Brel covers are ace. Mathilde, especially.

He's fucking frightening the rest of the time though!

Not against building up to a release per se. But there's build up, then there's 15 minutes of melody-less fuzz.