Official Formula 1 thread

Ketsbaia

Who do you think will win the title?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not a fan of getting up early on a Sunday, but in this instance I will set my alarm to watch the GP hoping to see Lewis crowned F1 world champ!

What time is the race ?

I'm not a fan of getting up early on a Sunday, but in this instance I will set my alarm to watch the GP hoping to see Lewis crowned F1 world champ!

What time is the race ?

Program starts at 06.00 ITV1. Re-run at 11.30 also ITV1

What time is the race ?

thanks

What time is the race ?

thanks

Actual race starts at 07.00...so thats not quite so bad!

Both Ferrari's had the measure of him in Q1 and Q2 so it stands to reason there's less fuel in his tank. Hopefully he'll use it to his advantage and put the hammer down building up a decent lead by the first round of pit-stops.

So long as he concentrates on the things he can be in control of AND the car doesn't let him down, he'll be WDC this time tomorrow. If he starts worrying about the Ferrari's it'll get the better of him... :lol:

Both Ferrari's had the measure of him in Q1 and Q2 so it stands to reason there's less fuel in his tank. Hopefully he'll use it to his advantage and put the hammer down building up a decent lead by the first round of pit-stops.

So long as he concentrates on the things he can be in control of AND the car doesn't let him down, he'll be WDC this time tomorrow. If he starts worrying about the Ferrari's it'll get the better of him... :lol:

Lewis doesn't strike me as the worrying kind, watch it and it will come.

I hope it's on at the club the morra, I missed the last one at 3 times of asking.

Hamilton out, 3-way fight in Brazil :lol:

Hmmm - probably...

Remind me what happens if Raikkonen & Alonso also fail to finish today though? :mellow:

Not at all - I'm just referring to the fact that, in the same way he was convinced Hamilton would be WDC today, 'the Cock' is convinced that the WDC cannot be sewn up today.

I'm glad it's going to the wire - makes it more interesting... I bet Alonso feels like a bit of a tit for his comment yesterday now.

Hamilton out, 3-way fight in Brazil :lol:

Hmmm - probably...

Remind me what happens if Raikkonen & Alonso also fail to finish today though? :mellow:

Not exactly looking likely with 6 laps to go though.

Should i have put some emphaisis on that word?

Lewis Hamilton says he has already got over the disappointment of his retirement from the Chinese Grand Prix, as he looks towards the title showdown in Brazil.

The McLaren driver led the opening laps in China but lost his advantage when his wet tyres wore down on the drying track.

With the tyres deteriorating rapidly he headed to the pits to change to dries, but ran wide on the entry and ended up getting stranded in the gravel trap.

Hamilton said: "When I was out of the car I was just gutted because it was my first mistake all year and to do it on the way into the pits was not something I usually do.

"You cannot go through life without making mistakes. But I am over it and we look forward to Brazil. The team will be working hard to make sure the car is quick enough there, and we still have points in the bag."

Hamilton said there was nothing he could do to prevent his car running off the track as he came into the pits.

"We were having a great race and we didn't know if it was going to rain or not," he said. "The tyres were getting worse and worse and you could almost see the canvas underneath. When I came into the pits it was like ice, I couldn't do anything about it.

"My mirrors were completely dirty, so I couldn't see through them. I couldn't see my tyres; they just felt like they were finished.

"I was coming in that lap so it could have worked out perfectly, I think we had the pace in the dry and I am sorry for the team, they did a fantastic job as always. We have still got one more race to go and we can still do it."

It's easy to say in hindsight, but perhaps with the points cushion McLaren should have been looking for a podium finish for Hamilton rather than fighting so hard for the victory. I guess its in the guys make-up to want to fight Kimi for the win. If only they'd taken a more cautious approach or brought him in a lap earlier.

Oh well, Kimi could still do it for the Scuderia :lol:

I'd love to see Kimi take the title from under the noses of both McLaren drivers.

Would you share the same opinion if it was DC in one of the McLarens? :razz:

I'd love to see Kimi take the title from under the noses of both McLaren drivers.

Would you share the same opinion if it was DC in one of the McLarens? :razz:

If DC was challenging for the title it would mean we're in some form of warped universe tbh

It was stupidity on the shoulders of both McLaren AND Hamilton. I don't care what he says about not being able to see in his mirrors, a professional racing driver (and certainly one of his calibre) knows when his tyres are spent.

He should have been in a lap earlier or the one before that but he was more focused on keeping Kimi behind him which should not have been his priority.

Leaves McLaren in an interesting situation. They've only got the driver's title to go for and surely don't want to lose that to Ferrari too, but if Alonso out-qualifies Hamilton in Brazil then surely they're going to have to support the traitor within ahead of his team-mate who has done everything by the book and fully supported the team regardless??

Funny sport, F1....

I'm still way too pissed off to comment on the race.

I'm still way too pissed off that the newscaster on the radio gave away the result despite me having my fingers in my ears and humming. :razz:

Everything seems to have gone quiet on the Prodrive front - I was expecting some reference to it when Dave Richards had his helicopter crash but there was nothing. I keep forgetting they're in from next year...

Their deal with McLaren has fallen through according to Autosport. Doesn't give them a lot of leeway to get something sorted for next year.