This 42 stone woman

Gemmill

What's the craic with it Renton? Do they staple it so that food passes through and is digested slower, leaving you feeling full for longer?

I don't see how that would work with this lass anyway. She clearly has very few issues with feeling full.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haway then Rents, whats the craic?

There's all sorts of operations they could do, such as stomach stapling, or, getting increasingly common nowadays, bypassing the stomach all together by connecting the oesaphagus to the small intestine leaving a very small pouch. Anyway, the point being it is physically impossible to eat much no matter how liquid it is without regurgitating it, i.e. it is effective. Besides, you missing the point of why they eat - because they enjoy it. Soup is not an adequate replacement for burgers, is it?

The reason we spell it differently to Mackems is down to phonetics. It makes sense to spell slang phonetically, therefore I'd say both spellings are correct, but one is Geordie and one is Mackem.

Edited by alex

(from what little I know and have been told) the process is as straight forward as it sounds, they staple your stomach to itself, it won't be watertight.

It's meant to make you full up, basically by reducing the size of your stomach.

as I understand it.

Well yes, if the stomach is stapled then it is possible eventually for the staples to be loosened so food can get through. Although this isn't possible with the Reux en y byepass Renton is talking about. I'm not sure what you're getting at with 'ways round it'. There's a way round to every operation if you take that approach. For example to 'get round' a knee replacement by running a marathon carrying a rucksack full of bricks the day after. Why would you look for a 'way round' therapeutic surgery?

When you're at that size:

a) Would you even know if you shit yourself? The shit isn't even gonna make it to fresh air for someone to be able to smell it.

:icon_lol: If you were charged with wiping her arse, how could you even get close to where the actual turd comes out to do a proper cleanup? I mean the amount of flesh involved here, you'd be in up to your elbow.

Horrible.

:icon_lol: If you were charged with wiping her arse, how could you even get close to where the actual turd comes out to do a proper cleanup? I mean the amount of flesh involved here, you'd be in up to your elbow.

You roll up your sleeves and don a miners helmet.

The Fish is right. I don't really get where alex is coming from with the difference in pronunciation. There isn't one. It's haway. Not ho-way.

How-way tbh.

So the same pronunciation then. Which renders the phonetics argument redundant. Which leaves me victorious. :icon_lol:

The Fish is right. I don't really get where alex is coming from with the difference in pronunciation. There isn't one. It's haway. Not ho-way.

How-way tbh.

So the same pronunciation then. Which renders the phonetics argument redundant. Which leaves me victorious. :icon_lol:

Eh? You say Hah-way don't you? It's because your south of the river, don't beat yourself up over it, just try and assimilate now you live on the right side.

I havent got time to read this thread as I'm off to work soon. But thught I'd mention this. My son came home from work one day last week, (he's a postie in Dawlish) to say that there had been some hold up and several roads down there were cordoned off. All the emergency services were in attendance to the incident. We presumed it had been a road accident or a fire.

Anyway, we heard later on the news that a 34 stone guy had been ill and needed to get to hospital, He hadnt been out of his home or off his bed for years and had got so big the paramedics couldnt get him out of the doors. They finally got him out of the upstairs window (this was why Torquay fire brigade had been called out, as they had the gear to do this) I think the chap died later in hospital. 34 years old.