LeazesMag is a...

Baggio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness has to be the worst semi-high profile manager on the face of the earth, failed virtually everywhere he went ruining several teams in the process for decades to come. Total scrote of a person also.

The worst kind of person, only Dalglish who is a more likeable man, did a worse job as manager in my life time. You could've had Magma taking over from Keegan in 97 and getting us 2nd, that wasn't his doing. Souness is a horrible bastard though, he was a brilliant player, but a dirty horrible bastard.

Dalglish fucked up big time but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Souness mainly because at least Kenny signed some key players ie Given, Solano, Hamman and Speed and had bad luck with Shearer's injury.

• 1 year later...

Souness last neet, I hate him, I've got nee hate in me really but I fuckin hate him. "It's hard for Andy and Jordan, no disrespect to Newcastle and Sunderland, but the pressures at Liverpool are far, far greater because they're such a massive club". What an absolute cunt of a man. No other word for him. Players have said the pressures of playing for Newcastle are as big as they've ever experienced, Nicky Butt said the same and he played for a club 10000 times bigger than Liverpool. Was it not Souness who said this....

I have managed bigger clubs than Newcastle United but, without a shadow of a doubt, it was the most difficult job I ever had

So if Souness felt more pressure as manager of Newcastle, how does it work that Carroll would feel more pressure at Anfield as a player. What a fucking prick. He says anything to undermine Newcastle. Cunt.

Souness last neet, I hate him, I've got nee hate in me really but I fuckin hate him. "It's hard for Andy and Jordan, no disrespect to Newcastle and Sunderland, but the pressures at Liverpool are far, far greater because they're such a massive club". What an absolute cunt of a man. No other word for him. Players have said the pressures of playing for Newcastle are as big as they've ever experienced, Nicky Butt said the same and he played for a club 10000 times bigger than Liverpool. Was it not Souness who said this....

I have managed bigger clubs than Newcastle United but, without a shadow of a doubt, it was the most difficult job I ever had

So if Souness felt more pressure as manager of Newcastle, how does it work that Carroll would feel more pressure at Anfield as a player. What a fucking prick. He says anything to undermine Newcastle. Cunt.

Of course both players are going to be under more pressure. Andy Carroll never cost a nut and came through the ranks at his home town club, any player would feel a bit of pressure going to a club for the fee he has where deep down he must know they're a pretty average team with about as much chance of winning the PL as RVP has of me buying him a pint and asking for his autograph.

Souness though, does not just do the normal ex-Liverpool player thing by bullshitting them up, no, for good measure manages to have a pop at the club where he was a failure. You're right, it isn't the first time he's had a dig at our club and for all the success he had as a player, if he is such a 'winner', it must rankle with him.

So, to sum up, he's a fucking Mug, 'no question about that', as Fergie would say.

If Peter Crouch can go from Southampton to Liverpool without being overawed by the shit tip that is Anfield, i don't think he has to worry that's the problem with Andy Carroll.

unbelievable comments, considering he took over a club that was 5th in the premiership and was handed the thick end of 50m quid to improve it.

Of course both players are going to be under more pressure. Andy Carroll never cost a nut and came through the ranks at his home town club, any player would feel a bit of pressure going to a club for the fee he has where deep down he must know they're a pretty average team with about as much chance of winning the PL as RVP has of me buying him a pint and asking for his autograph.

Souness though, does not just do the normal ex-Liverpool player thing by bullshitting them up, no, for good measure manages to have a pop at the club where he was a failure. You're right, it isn't the first time he's had a dig at our club and for all the success he had as a player, if he is such a 'winner', it must rankle with him.

So, to sum up, he's a fucking Mug, 'no question about that', as Fergie would say.

I know for a fact the intensity of playing for Newcastle United is as great, if not greater than it is playing for Liverpool. Fucking England internationals can't even cope with it, Jenas couldn't, Parker definitely couldn't and he admitted it. I hope his pacemaker fucks up. Compare running out the tunnel at SJP to doing the same at Anfield, at Anfield you'd just think "this is wank this, why didn't I sign for Man Utd".

For a non-Geordie, maybe, Carroll though must be thinking he's onto a loser after coming through the ranks here and people being behind him as he was just a young'un where at Liverpool he's going to be under more pressure from the media and their average supporter from Cornwall expecting him to score a boatload as they challenge for the title.

If Peter Crouch can go from Southampton to Liverpool without being overawed by the shit tip that is Anfield, i don't think he has to worry that's the problem with Andy Carroll.

For me Carroll's biggest problem is his manager. Same as Souness, he expects players to be brilliant virtually every week because they were, and if theyre not its up to the player himself to sort it out. That sort of management strategy is getting on for being 20 years out of date, which is ironically around the last time Dalglish managed a club which won something under him. To be fair he looked a bit better last night, a bit more confident than a few months ago. But whats the point in signing him knowing exactly the sort of player he is and then giving him nobody to provide service to him? fuckin ludicrous. If Carroll ends up being deemed a "failure" at Anfield its down to the club and not the player iyam.

Despite being manager of Newcastle for 19 months, and in total manager of Liverpool for 7 and a half years, the only time he's managed in the European Cup was at the toon, only time he ever will as well.

I know for a fact the intensity of playing for Newcastle United is as great, if not greater than it is playing for Liverpool. Fucking England internationals can't even cope with it, Jenas couldn't, Parker definitely couldn't and he admitted it. I hope his pacemaker fucks up. Compare running out the tunnel at SJP to doing the same at Anfield, at Anfield you'd just think "this is wank this, why didn't I sign for Man Utd".

Your usual use of the word FACTS are so out of line with reality that you using the word is ludicrous.

There are probably scores of players who would rather run out of the a

Anfield tunnel than the SJP one tbf.

Your usual use of the word FACTS are so out of line with reality that you using the word is ludicrous.

Where have I stated a fact? There will be, they're better paid, have better owners, and have more chance of short term and probably long term success. My issue was with Souness' pathetic foundationless comments.

There are probably scores of players who would rather run out of the a Anfield tunnel than the SJP one tbf.

Not going by the atmosphere at your derby game last night theres not. I was at Arsenal on Tuesday and they made more racket than you lot did in December as well. Fuckin Arsenal!!

There are probably scores of players who would rather run out of the a Anfield tunnel than the SJP one tbf.

Not going by the atmosphere at your derby game last night theres not. I was at Arsenal on Tuesday and they made more racket than you lot did in December as well. Fuckin Arsenal!!

Most pathetic fixture in the English calendar in my view, always a shit atmosphere, always bores me to death. These days the press largely ignore it as well, so it's a lot more insignificant than it was when Everton were a big club in the 80s. I'd much rather watch Blackburn v Wolves, and I mean that.

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him.

When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly.

There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

Where have I stated a fact? There will be, they're better paid, have better owners, and have more chance of short term and probably long term success. My issue was with Souness' pathetic foundationless comments.

You said you knew for a fact, that usually means you're talking through your arse.

They also have a far superior history.

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him.

When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly.

There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

Players who have played in their position previously?!?!?! Andy Carroll had to wear the number 9 shirt, which over the years has reached an iconic status, and in my biased view, Alan Shearer for instance was a better out and out striker than Liverpool have ever had. More to live up to at Liverpool, aye you were an amazing club in the 70s and 80s that's not in doubt, but you've never even competed for the title since 1990, we have seriously as well, it's all cliche's and bollocks, the fact is the pressure at Newcastle as everyone always says is immense, Jermaine Jenas said he couldn't cope for instance, and it's made even worse by the fact everyone knows we SHOULD be one of THE biggest clubs in England, but we have the monkey on our back of not winning a domestic trophy for 57 years. That is pressure.

You said you knew for a fact, that usually means you're talking through your arse.

They also have a far superior history.

From 1972 onwards.

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him. When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly. There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

No they're not, they're faced with bell ends like Souness on the telly giving their opinions in exchange for huge bundles of Rupert Murdoch's cash. Thats what causes the "pressure". Is Tommy Smith at Melwood beasting them? no he's not. Alan Hansen gives them a verbal hiding every week, trousering a million pounds a year in public money. Your ex players are over represented in the media and thats where the pressure comes from.

You've come as close as we have to winning the league for the last 22 seasons so can you tell me where the day to day pressure comes from? Its a bit like saying Huddersfield have more pressure on their players because they won 3 titles in the 20s or 30s.

Most pathetic fixture in the English calendar in my view, always a shit atmosphere, always bores me to death. These days the press largely ignore it as well, so it's a lot more insignificant than it was when Everton were a big club in the 80s. I'd much rather watch Blackburn v Wolves, and I mean that.

You really do worry about image don't you? I've been in the kop when there are better atmospheres than last night, but it wasn't that bad last night either. Quiet clapping is the new black :glare: . I don't really take much notice of how it comes across on the tele as sometimes it has to be a really big match before the crowd sound so loud it drowns out the commentator, that doesn't happen at many grounds these days. The best away crowds at Anfield are those who have nothing to lose, they're not going to move from mid table or they're safe from relegation. These are the ones who make the most noise.