Emre's Racism Case

Matty

Why the fuck does the club send Nicky Butt to he hearing? What sort of a witness is he supposed to be? "Well, I'm ginger, but Emre has never insulted me."

I'm also not convinced in Shepherd going there personally either. He'll probably tell the panel how stuff like this is sorted out Byker-style...

I'm surprised Martins didn't go so they could use the "black friend" defence.

Are you saying Emre racially abused Martins too now!?!?!

Thats the only possible explanation of him not going....

Emre Charge Not Proven

AT a Disciplinary Commission hearing today, a charge against Newcastle United midfielder Belozoglu Emre was judged to be not proved.

In its decision, the Commission stated that "having heard all the evidence presented, and having regard to the standard of proof agreed with both The FA and Newcastle United, we were not satisfied that the Charge was proved."

Emre was charged on 12 January with using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words during the match against Everton at Goodison Park on 30 December 2006. He denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.

And they needed three months for this? What did they expect today? That Emre would admit it in the personal hearing? GREAT

The downside of this is that we are stuck with Emre now...

And Roeder :unsure:

And they needed three months for this? What did they expect today? That Emre would admit it in the personal hearing? GREAT

You not outside yet releasing the white doves? :unsure:

Edited by ewerk

More of Emre and Butt, less of Scott Parker tbh :unsure:

The only difference with that pairing is that we not only see nothing productive coming from midfield but we also get a plethora of wasted set pieces.

Oh joy.

Isegrim fuming as we speak, going to come out in the press over here and say Emre was racist against his dog which does as a matter of fact actually go by the name nigger.

More of Emre and Butt, less of Scott Parker tbh :unsure:

The only difference with that pairing is that we not only see nothing productive coming from midfield but we also get a plethora of wasted set pieces.

Oh joy.

I may be imagining it, but from what I can see Emre plays better when Zog is in the side and Butt is behind him (no pun intended).

Isegrim fuming as we speak, going to come out in the press over here and say Emre was racist against his dog which does as a matter of fact actually go by the name nigger.

:unsure:

Not a bad idea.

Just for the record. I am pleased for Emre, as I said right from the beginning that I don't think he is racist, but just a hot-blooded dickhead.

I still think he is a waste of space. He is as an obnoxious character as Bowyer, who I would be happy to get rid of and to replace with someone with a better fitness and sportsmanship record. If it had needed a wrong judgement I could have lived with it...

Doesn't actually say he wasn't guilty though, does it? Just that there wasn't enough evidence to prove it.

Similar though innit? Or isn't it? Not proven is a Scottish thing isn't it? Storm in a teacup tbh. Nothing compared to what goes on in Spain and Italy. Even the French national team gets igonred if there are too many black players playing or summat....Read somewhere.. :unsure:

Cleared.

No doubt there will be some who know that it is the wrong decision though.

Fucking get in, I'd like to see an apology by the FA to Emre now for putting him through needless shit by continually going on about new charges and trying to dig up as much crap as possible. Racist my arse.

Load of shite over nothing just because it makes the right noises in the press imo.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Why the fuck does the club send Nicky Butt to he hearing? What sort of a witness is he supposed to be? "Well, I'm ginger, but Emre has never insulted me."

I'm also not convinced in Shepherd going there personally either. He'll probably tell the panel how stuff like this is sorted out Byker-style...

I think they used a variation of the Chewbacca Defence

What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major Premiership football club, and I'm talkin' about Nicky Butt! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Nicky Butt lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

I think they used a variation of the Chewbacca Defence

What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major Premiership football club, and I'm talkin' about Nicky Butt! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Nicky Butt lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

:unsure:

He does fucking live on Endor though. :unsure: