Niall Quinn

DanTheMan

Someone from the SMB:

Basically we were called for the flight, we stood at the departure gate, Quinny got a short chorus of "Niall Quinn's Disco Pants" when he joined us and it all seemed to kick off from there. They told us to stop singing, which we already had. They told us there would be no alcohol served on the flight which I really don't think anyone was bothered about and they let us on board without any problem.

I've never witnessed anything like it in my life. We all sat on that plane, quite and well behaved and waited to be taken home. The Captain told us they were checking paperwork than all of a sudden a fleet of police cars roll up with lights flashing, they invade the plane and one Stewardess started to point out various people, one of whom wasn't drunk but had a learning disability and they were taken off. Quinny was furious but ice cool, got up to follow them off muttering something about "solidarity" and of course the press guys followed him.

We were apparently "threatening and a security risk" according to the Stewardess and eventually we were all removed from the plane and told the flight was cancelled.

We were literally treat like animals. We were told we could stay overnight but we'd have to find out own hotel, pay for it ourselves and pay for our return flight the next day which they couldn't guarantee us. We might have sat there all day waiting for seats on an easyjet flight. They told us we "may" be able to reclaim the money.

It's true Quinny paid for the taxis with his own credit card. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still down there now making sure everyone was sorted. He told the Easyjet staff "These are my people".

Everyone who was on that flight needs to write to Easyjet cos their attitude stank tonight. Every one of us needs to write to Quinny as well, without him on that flight I dread to think what would have happened to us down there. Quite simply the man is a legend.

I'm now going to bed. Good morning!

Christ! :o Couldn't imagine Fred doing that. As much as I hate Sunderland, I wouldn't mind a swap!

Someone from the SMB:

Basically we were called for the flight, we stood at the departure gate, Quinny got a short chorus of "Niall Quinn's Disco Pants" when he joined us and it all seemed to kick off from there. They told us to stop singing, which we already had. They told us there would be no alcohol served on the flight which I really don't think anyone was bothered about and they let us on board without any problem.

I've never witnessed anything like it in my life. We all sat on that plane, quite and well behaved and waited to be taken home. The Captain told us they were checking paperwork than all of a sudden a fleet of police cars roll up with lights flashing, they invade the plane and one Stewardess started to point out various people, one of whom wasn't drunk but had a learning disability and they were taken off. Quinny was furious but ice cool, got up to follow them off muttering something about "solidarity" and of course the press guys followed him.

We were apparently "threatening and a security risk" according to the Stewardess and eventually we were all removed from the plane and told the flight was cancelled.

We were literally treat like animals. We were told we could stay overnight but we'd have to find out own hotel, pay for it ourselves and pay for our return flight the next day which they couldn't guarantee us. We might have sat there all day waiting for seats on an easyjet flight. They told us we "may" be able to reclaim the money.

It's true Quinny paid for the taxis with his own credit card. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still down there now making sure everyone was sorted. He told the Easyjet staff "These are my people".

Everyone who was on that flight needs to write to Easyjet cos their attitude stank tonight. Every one of us needs to write to Quinny as well, without him on that flight I dread to think what would have happened to us down there. Quite simply the man is a legend.

I'm now going to bed. Good morning!

Christ! :o Couldn't imagine Fred doing that. As much as I hate Sunderland, I wouldn't mind a swap!

;) Well you cant have him!!! what a bloke eh!!!......OOOoooo it`s been such a nice weekend!.. :nufc:

Someone called in on Talksport telling the same story, he said Quinn didn't leave until every single fan had got a taxi home.

As much as I hate Sunderland, it's a shame there's not more people like Niall Quinn around. Seems a top bloke.

More drink drivers?

Fantastic gesture tbh.

But who is going to compensate the local cabbies? Sharing a car with a mackem for 300 miles on a Saturday night? Fuck that. Hope they charged the smelly twats hundreds. :o

Fantastic gesture tbh.

But who is going to compensate the local cabbies? Sharing a car with a mackem for 300 miles on a Saturday night? Fuck that. Hope they charged the smelly twats hundreds. :o

Rate should've been triple tbh. ;)

In all seriousness though well done Quinn. Can't imagine Fat Fred even letting one of us ride on the roof rack of his 4x4, let alone paying for a taxi.

Was a great gesture. Am I being to cynical connecting it to their season tickets going on sale tomorrow (for renewals)?

While the BBC local news were waxing lyrical about this gesture, how come they've totally ignored the fact they were hoyed off for being drunk?

What I was thinking. Easyjet did the right thing in booting them off. It's more than likely that Easyjet were looking for an excuse once they realised they would be carrying sunlun fans!!!

I know there's two sides of the story, but of course they're going to say they weren't doing nowt wrong and of course Quinn is going to back them up. It's not like Easyjet cancelled a flight and left them in the shit, they were removed for being pissed. Talk about flavour of the month.

Makes a change from this season then doesnt it.

not realy we done very well championship football and all

be interesring to see how many Buy for Sid James park when youv been religated!!

Makes a change from this season then doesnt it.

not realy we done very well championship football and all

be interesring to see how many Buy for Sid James park when youv been religated!!

How old are you?

He's about 60 odd IIRC!