Louis Theroux 9pm BBC2 tonight

DanTheMan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it repeated? Because Crash is on one of the movie channels and I might watch that instead.

Its bound to be on BBC 3 at some point.

:o

Fucking hell. If anyone wants to see how badly religion can screw you up, take this as a case in point. Hateful bastards destroying not only their own lives, but those of their children too. If their God is real, I look forward to Hell.

Louis Theroux is a great journalist. I was watching some of his stuff last night on YouTube and it's amazing how much he's able to get out of people by playing the dumb Brit.

just frankly what is wrong with organised religion imo.

Zealots corrupting what is essentially a message of hope and guidance into a twisted arsenal for hatred and bigotry.

anyone else get the impression that the girl who Louis spent more time with was hiding behind that smile? I know she was close to tears when she was asked about friends and when Louis was praising her and pushing her down a path of questions she was clearly uncomfortable with. It really sickens me to think a young girl who's clearly smart enough to make decisions if she was simply allowed freedom from her families narrowminded bilious arrogance.

and quite how the mother could be a qualified lawyer and yet state such an obvious fallacy (the being gay is the same as adultery bit) is utterly staggering...

The mother and the granddad were horrible, spiteful arseholes, and the kids didn't stand a chance. That young lad Gabriel (OMG! GAY!BRIEL ;) ) didn't have a fucking clue what he was holding those signs up for, and the one who got hit on the head by the drink thrown out of that car an'all. Horrible people.

So fucking thick though. That documentary maker must have been utterly brain dead to have turned up to make a documentary about them and ended up staying cos he liked their craic. :o

What summed them up for me was that when Louis or any member of the public tried to have a intelligent debate on the subject with them they would just shout them down with 'FAG LOVER' or something. :o By the way, frist time I've seen Louis kind of lose his temper, when the documentary nutcase guy was slagging Jews and Louis goes 'Er..guess what brainiac, Jesus was Jewish.' ;)

Fucking nutters the lot of them. Def some repressed bum love going on there.

What summed them up for me was that when Louis or any member of the public tried to have a intelligent debate on the subject with them they would just shout them down with 'FAG LOVER' or something. :o By the way, frist time I've seen Louis kind of lose his temper, when the documentary nutcase guy was slagging Jews and Louis goes 'Er..guess what brainiac, Jesus was Jewish.' ;)

Fucking nutters the lot of them. Def some repressed bum love going on there.

And that bloke's response was something like "Guess what brainiac, he was God!" or something. The granddad was a fucking arsehole though - I would definitely have lost my temper with that twat when he was telling me I was asking stupid questions. "As stupid as claiming that some heavenly being is striking down soldiers in protest at homosexuality, you dopey fucking arsehole? Was it that stupid?"

If they were so against marriage and "fornication" for the female members of the church then exactly how are they meant to carry on their "religion" ?? or was that the point , they were the final frontier so to speak and as God was raining down natural disasters and pestilence upon all fag lovers the end of the world is nigh and heaven is only for them ???

Unfortuately for Louis, his question he asked when he first met him fucked him right off. The fact that four of the siblings said 'fuck this' and went off to live normal lives. He was an arrogant no nowt bascially.

As an aside, I'd forgotten how brilliant Louis Theroux is. Like when he was asking the grandmother about the big shared back yard then dropped in the cult dig. :o

Missed it - gutted, forgot all about it. I'll keep me peepers peeled for the BBC3 repeat. Louis Theroux is class like.

I always thought cult leaders were charismatic, persuasive, intelligent people whose friendly but persistent arguments could win over even smarter than average people. But I can't fathom how Phelps has been able to convince anyone to follow his lead, he didn't have a single debating tool in his grasp other than shouting down and insulting anyone who asks him a question. He must've been Lawrence of Arabia'd by a soldier in his past.

I always thought cult leaders were charismatic, persuasive, intelligent people whose friendly but persistent arguments could win over even smarter than average people. But I can't fathom how Phelps has been able to convince anyone to follow his lead, he didn't have a single debating tool in his grasp other than shouting down and insulting anyone who asks him a question. He must've been Lawrence of Arabia'd by a soldier in his past.

:o

I can guess what Lawrence of Arabia'd might mean but don't understand why. Agree though, the man was an utter arsehole with seemingly no redeeming features whatsoever. As an aside, how wierd is that people who gloat about other people suffering eternal torture (i.e. going to hell) should consider themselves tb be virtuous? How the fuck is that a Christian attitude?

Bunch of hypocrits man. The hypocracy got so bad it had given me a headache by the end. I noticed the lass at the end had an 'Italia' shirt on. Now, surely she shouldn't be wearing a shirt promoting a country that is so imoral? Saying that, I suppose the practice of sleepling with your sister is probably praised.

Bunch of hypocrits man. The hypocracy got so bad it had given me a headache by the end. I noticed the lass at the end had an 'Italia' shirt on. Now, surely she shouldn't be wearing a shirt promoting a country that is so imoral? Saying that, I suppose the practice of sleepling with your sister is probably praised.

Aye thought the same about the shirt tbh. She should have been stripped of it. :o