Newcastle United Vs Arsenal official match thread

Jimbo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

wonder how the injuries to Given, Dyer and apparently Martins are going to affect us...

We could do without those, Parker is injured and then suspended for 2 matches I think too.

Not exactly going to help our final run in of games. :icon_lol:

Harper is a straight swap for Given, Dyer isn't playing in midfield, so it's not really that bad.

wonder how the injuries to Given, Dyer and apparently Martins are going to affect us...

We could do without those, Parker is injured and then suspended for 2 matches I think too.

Harper is a straight swap for Given, Dyer isn't playing in midfield, so it's not really that bad.

I've never subscribed to that opinion and I think I think Harper was 'found out' when Given was injured earlier this season.

I'd waorry about where the creativity is going to come from. Even when Dyer is playing up front the midfield play better because of the runs he makes.

I've never subscribed to that opinion and I think I think Harper was 'found out' when Given was injured earlier this season.

Agreed, Harper is nowhere near Given's level.

Wasn't fantastic to watch but I thought we showed some good midfield work - fairly solid at the bak apart from when carr has a fukn nap - but oba needs someone to play off - thought he was lively but was gettin pissed off cos he never got any help - Butt was really good and i thought Emre, duff and milner were pretty decent an all

Whilst it wasn't a spectacular performance it was (considering the opposition) a good one and its annoying because it would be more than enough to beat many of the utterly shite teams we've lost to at St. James.

Roeder was once again treat to a lesson in the fact Parker and Butt don't work together in the middle at St. James and that we are always better with a different pairing. Butt, Emre and Millner all played well and worked hard.

I thought Carr had actually had a decent game and then he goes and looks like a fat, lazy twat as he stands and watches the ball go past him, somehow Nobby managed to save the goal from the resulting scramble!

Dyer was terrible again, was very happy when he came off tbh.

And why does Harper take ages to do anything?!

Not only does he take ages, but he stops any good work we're doing football wise by refusing to pass it short to the fullbacks and just twats it upfield time and again. However that is a job for the manager and "coaches" as all it takes is one shout from those wasters to say not to do it, or even better actually work on it in training!

Whilst it wasn't a spectacular performance it was (considering the opposition) a good one and its annoying because it would be more than enough to beat many of the utterly shite teams we've lost to at St. James.

I thought we were average...

Edited by Scottish Mag

I thought we were average...

We were better than them first half and second half they probably edged without really troubling us (or us them to be fair) and they are a top 4 side, that performance would have been more than enough to see of most of the shite that fills the prem these days!

Roeder was once again treat to a lesson in the fact Parker and Butt don't work together in the middle at St. James and that we are always better with a different pairing. Butt, Emre and Millner all played well and worked hard.

I know that my criticism isn't unbiased (and maybe ott), but what does Emre actually offer to the game in midfield? I thought some of his lunatic runs at players who where in possession were just bizarre. And he is offering next to no creativity from open play - not to mention his set pieces...

I thought it was overall a very ordinary performance with some better spells against a Arsenal side that looked very average, too.

I know that my criticism isn't unbiased (and maybe ott), but what does Emre actually offer to the game in midfield? I thought some of his lunatic runs at players who where in possession were just bizarre. And he is offering next to no creativity from open play - not to mention his set pieces...

I thought it was overall a very ordinary performance with some better spells against a Arsenal side that looked very average, too.

Neither team played great, obviously, but the sad truth is that even if it was average it would be enough to have won most of our home games, because we lost them by being shit! Average would be a big step up for some of our home efforts!

I'm not the biggest fan of Emre, and it doesn't necessarilly have to be him but the midfield always looks better when Butt/Parker aren't together and we do look like we may actually create the odd chance rather than nothing!

Sad thing about this match was that Arsenal were missing good players, they were playing way below par, and they were there to be beaten, and if we had been able to kick it up a notch we could have won easily.

As it was we played below par too and all in all it was a boring game with little excitement, another 2 points hoyed away.

They were atrocious, they are mid table standard without henry.

I thought Duff and Dyer were both shit today, they have the turning circle of a bus and both dilly dally when they should shoot or cross.

Gooch should never wear a toon shirt again. Bramble in disguise tbh.

I thought Duff and Dyer were both shit today, they have the turning circle of a bus and both dilly dally when they should shoot or cross.

Are you fucking serious? :icon_lol:

Strange decision to bring on Luque.

Strange, yer joking aren't ye??

That was absolutely eerie decision, I found it strange he was even on the bench, especially when that young striker from the reserves should be getting some playing time to see what he's got to offer.

We've seen enough of Luque to know he's got nowt to offer.

Guest Patrokles

You could have boldfaced all of that, tbf.

The last 3 seasons our best home performace of the season has been the Arsenal one. Today was the worst Arsenal team I've seen at SJP for a long time, they were twatful. Unfortunately, the tactics seemed to be to contaib them rather than put the shits up them like we should of. Awful refereeing didn't help, but still, even a Souness side did better than thisl.

Did you even watch the game. So you thought Dyer, Duff and Gooch played well? Arsenal have 1 point from 4 games. Id even go so far as to say they might not make 4th place.

Milner, Butt and Nobby played well today, its a shame not many others followed suit. Duff is a total waste of space and i hope sunderland snap him up in the summer.

Guest Patrokles

Did you even watch the game. So you thought Dyer, Duff and Gooch played well? Arsenal have 1 point from 4 games. Id even go so far as to say they might not make 4th place.

Milner, Butt and Nobby played well today, its a shame not many others followed suit. Duff is a total waste of space and i hope sunderland snap him up in the summer.

I thought Gooch played well. Dyer doesn't have the turning circle of a bus. Arsenal are still a good side without Henry, though they were poor today. Ergo, in disagreeing, I believe that Tom could happily have boldfaced all of your post.