Jenas having medical at Spurs now

BlueStar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll probably be better for them as they've got a smart coach who can get the best out of players. Never the less 8million is a fantastic deal.

24270[/snapback]

What's Jol going to do that Robson/Souness couldn't do exactly?

Wont kick myself even if he does well for them, I couldn't see him every reaching this mythical potential everyone thinks he's got with us. If they get £9 million worth out of him, good for them, but I think we've robbed them blind.

He'll probably be better for them as they've got a smart coach who can get the best out of players. Never the less 8million is a fantastic deal.

24270[/snapback]

24277[/snapback]

Robson got him playing great in the first year but ever since hes gone down him. Now hes older and more mature his best is yet to come and i believe Jol will get him playing in a position he feels he can play to his best and with the likes of Davids alongside him, i believe his best is yet to come.

24270[/snapback]

24277[/snapback]

Whatever he done with Carrick tbh.

I always liked Jenas and like the coaches thought one day he would come good. If he wants out and Spurs are gonna be stupid enough to pay £9m get him shifted on, we need players that want to play for the club.

Even if we get Nobby today I'm a bit worried about our midfield cover, especially if Milner goes on loan to Villa.

Anyway, forget that, this day belongs to Michael Owen.

Edited by Emre

24270[/snapback]

24277[/snapback]

Whatever he done with Carrick tbh.

24290[/snapback]

He already knows how to pass the ball five yeards sideways though.

We shouldn't give Milner to Villa, after all injuries to a few key players and we are threadbare.

Edited by Sima

Robson got him playing great in the first year but ever since hes gone down him. Now hes older and more mature his best is yet to come and i believe Jol will get him playing in a position he feels he can play to his best and with the likes of Davids alongside him, i believe his best is yet to come.

24282[/snapback]

I admire your optimism, but I don't neccesarily agree with it. £9m is a vastly overpriced, and we'd be mad not to take it, especially as we've had the last 3 seasons of JJ doing very little.

Personally, all this 'goldfish bowl' bollocks might mean he's on the piss more in London knowing he'll get noticed less. Anyway, I think JJ must have got the shock of his life when he saw Parker play, which is probably one of the reasons he wanted out.

We shouldn't give Milner to Villa, after all injuries to a few key players and we are threadbare.

24295[/snapback]

Thing is though we've got two options:

1. Agree to Villa's demands and have Solano for the season instead of Milner.

2. Don't agree to Villa's demands and have Milner for the season instead of Solano.

Solano > Milner IMO.

Bye bye.

£8 - 9 million is a good deal for us.

It will be interesting to see what Jol can make of him.

Although he is good at getting up and down the field, I always thought he was too timid to play midfield - give him a good kick and he shits himself in case he gets another one.

We'll see.

Fuckin' goldfish.

Tottenham have announced the signing of Jermaine Jenas from Newcastle.

The England international has made the move to White Hart Lane after agreeing personal terms and successfully passing a medical.

Tottenham are believed to have paid a fee in the region of £8 million to land the former Nottingham Forest starlet.

Spurs boss Martin Jol has been a long-term admirer of the player and he has been chasing his signature all summer.

The 22-year-old had declared earlier this summer that he was looking to leave Newcastle after growing unsettled on Tyneside.

Jenas becomes Tottenham's seventh signing of the summer and his arrival could see some players leaving Tottenham.

Michael Brown could be one of the first out of the exit door with Wigan believed to be keen on signing the former Sheffield United man

from SS