The manager

The football

The tactics

The players

The attitude

The fans

The money

The stadium

In fact, in my mind, the only thing Chelsea have going for them is bringing Cech to this country, and even that was at the expense of the current best keeper at the time

Even tonight, for one brief second I thought the cernt Mourinho had given a sensible post match interview, then at the death, out came the 'new football rules' and the waterworks. Fuck off to Barcelona you classless tramp.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shite game, both were fairly average. Have Chelsea ran out of steam? Drogba looks knackered as does Lampard, and even Terry looks exhausted. The return should be better as Liverpool will have to attack and that could make for an open game.

I can understand people disliking Liverpool but how anyone can prefer Chelsea, who imo have wrecked the premiership, I really don't know.

Explain how they've "wrecked" the Premiership. It was uncompetitive long before they were bought. Look at the standard of football from Man United and Arsenal and think about the point you're trying to make again.

Because it is much more uncompetitive now. If a club makes a big profit through its fanbase and invests it on their team then good luck to them. Slight difference between that and a club on the verge of bankruptcy that is bought out by a dodgy Russian billionaire (completely unconnected to the club) and can buy any player they want, at any price, without ever having to balance the books, purely on the whim of the owner.

Liverpool a big team through their history, as to a lesser extent are Arsenal. ManU are big through history and fanbase; I have no complaints. In comparison Chelsea are the epitome of everything that is wrong with football and are wholly artificial. I can't wait for the day Abromovic gets sick of them or is assassinated/arrested or whatever and they go bust tbh.

What a load of bollocks. The premiership was being dominated by Man United and Arsenal. Now it's being dominated by Man United and Chelsea. To say they've "wrecked" the premiership is utter utter drivel. Nothing has changed. Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could. Just because they've "gained it" rather than "earned it" has absolutely nothing to do with how good the PL is as a league.

Actually, it's technically more competitive now - at the start of the season any of 4 clubs could have won the title. A few years ago it was only 2.

I agree, as much as I despise Chelsea (and you know I do!) I will begrudgingly admit that the league has opened up a bit, although there are aspects they have contributed to the league that are less than savoury, although that is more down to Mourinho than Abramavoich. Whilst Chelsea are not the only team that intimidate refs and cheat they are certainly the most persistant at it.

They've opened up the league how exactly? Didn't they win the league by one of the largest margins ever in 2005 and still by a wide berth in 2006? OK, this year ManU have improved and may nick it but Arsenal and Liverpool are miles off the pace, and yet the top 4 are so far ahead it's going to be next to impossible for any other team to get into it. The important places in the league are utterly uncompetitive tbh, and the team at the top is a fucking cuckoo.

Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could.

Absolute fucking bollocks tbf, they're the only team in the world who can buy any other player. Yes the PL was dominated by Man U before Abramovich came along but Arsenal were pushing them and Liverpool and ourselves were closing the gap. Chelsea have gone beyond taking the piss and if Man U win it this season then it will be an amazing testimony towards Ferguson's capabilities as a manager to win the PL again despite the hundreds of millions thrown at Chelsea by Abramovich.

No club in the world, including Man U, could afford to be making the sort of losses Chelsea are so to say that any other club in the world could match them when it comes to transfer fees is absolute rubbish.

Agreed. Say what you like about Man Utd but their whole success is self financed. Chelsea's isn't so in my opinion their success is kind of false. As a club I can't stand them. They have zero class and the sooner they lose their sugar daddy, the better for football. Or if not, may they lose out to proper clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal et al and even foreign clubs who I'd much rather see lift the Champions League than those classless wankers. They epitomize everything that is wrong with the game and I'd love it if Man Utd beat them to the double or even treble, that's how much I despise them or rather their way of doing things.

Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could.

Absolute fucking bollocks tbf, they're the only team in the world who can buy any other player. Yes the PL was dominated by Man U before Abramovich came along but Arsenal were pushing them and Liverpool and ourselves were closing the gap. Chelsea have gone beyond taking the piss and if Man U win it this season then it will be an amazing testimony towards Ferguson's capabilities as a manager to win the PL again despite the hundreds of millions thrown at Chelsea by Abramovich.

No club in the world, including Man U, could afford to be making the sort of losses Chelsea are so to say that any other club in the world could match them when it comes to transfer fees is absolute rubbish.

I have to say I'm almost to the point of not caring about who wins the league anymore because the line in italics and the bit in bold bothers me so much.

If you look at all the other clubs mentioned they are still in contention, next season or the season after but us?

How far backwards has the clown in charge of our club taken us.

I despise everything about Chelsea that I admire Liverpool for:

The manager

The football

The tactics

The players

The attitude

The fans

The money

The stadium

In fact, in my mind, the only thing Chelsea have going for them is bringing Cech to this country, and even that was at the expense of the current best keeper at the time

Even tonight, for one brief second I thought the cernt Mourinho had given a sensible post match interview, then at the death, out came the 'new football rules' and the waterworks. Fuck off to Barcelona you classless tramp.

:rolleyes:

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the commentators say 'Agger' and expect them to finish with 'do-do-do push pineapple from the tree.'

You fucking bastard Dave I now have that in my head. :rolleyes:

I can understand people disliking Liverpool but how anyone can prefer Chelsea, who imo have wrecked the premiership, I really don't know.

I do so sue me. :rolleyes:

Ditto. I hate them both though.

Explain how they've "wrecked" the Premiership. It was uncompetitive long before they were bought. Look at the standard of football from Man United and Arsenal and think about the point you're trying to make again.

Because it is much more uncompetitive now. If a club makes a big profit through its fanbase and invests it on their team then good luck to them. Slight difference between that and a club on the verge of bankruptcy that is bought out by a dodgy Russian billionaire (completely unconnected to the club) and can buy any player they want, at any price, without ever having to balance the books, purely on the whim of the owner.

Liverpool a big team through their history, as to a lesser extent are Arsenal. ManU are big through history and fanbase; I have no complaints. In comparison Chelsea are the epitome of everything that is wrong with football and are wholly artificial. I can't wait for the day Abromovic gets sick of them or is assassinated/arrested or whatever and they go bust tbh.

What a load of bollocks. The premiership was being dominated by Man United and Arsenal. Now it's being dominated by Man United and Chelsea. To say they've "wrecked" the premiership is utter utter drivel. Nothing has changed. Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could. Just because they've "gained it" rather than "earned it" has absolutely nothing to do with how good the PL is as a league.

Actually, it's technically more competitive now - at the start of the season any of 4 clubs could have won the title. A few years ago it was only 2.

I agree, as much as I despise Chelsea (and you know I do!) I will begrudgingly admit that the league has opened up a bit, although there are aspects they have contributed to the league that are less than savoury, although that is more down to Mourinho than Abramavoich. Whilst Chelsea are not the only team that intimidate refs and cheat they are certainly the most persistant at it.

They've opened up the league how exactly? Didn't they win the league by one of the largest margins ever in 2005 and still by a wide berth in 2006? OK, this year ManU have improved and may nick it but Arsenal and Liverpool are miles off the pace, and yet the top 4 are so far ahead it's going to be next to impossible for any other team to get into it. The important places in the league are utterly uncompetitive tbh, and the team at the top is a fucking cuckoo.

It's pretty much been like that since we last nearly won it (the first few years of it it was more open).

Chelski just added another option to the others of the last 10 years.

Liverpool may get there and Arsenal will likely be better next season with players back.

As I said the ONLY way the Premiership will become competitive is IF the open a european superleague and the top 4ish piss off into that..... either that or some very stringent rules imposed on financial things, players nationalities and such.

As I said the ONLY way the Premiership will become competitive is IF the open a european superleague and the top 4ish piss off into that..... either that or some very stringent rules imposed on financial things, players nationalities and such.

I hope that isn't the case. What the league needs IMO is for the likes of us, Spurs, Everton and Villa, big clubs who have done nowt in the Premiership (excluding a few seasons under SBR and KK for us of course, but the norm for us is mid-table) to get our arses into gear, and for the likes of Leeds, Forest and the mackems dare I say it to come back up, to replace the Wigans of this world. Ideally anyway.

I cant stand Livepoo because of the amount of plaggy scousers in the office.

There isnt ONE plastic Chelski fan here so its far better to wind the bin dipping twats up who have NEVER been to Anfield!

I hope that isn't the case. What the league needs IMO is for the likes of us, Spurs, Everton and Villa, big clubs who have done nowt in the Premiership (excluding a few seasons under SBR and KK for us of course, but the norm for us is mid-table) to get our arses into gear, and for the likes of Leeds, Forest and the mackems dare I say it to come back up, to replace the Wigans of this world. Ideally anyway.

Yeah that would be nice, but I can't see it happening, the gulf is too big and it's only getting wider. :rolleyes:

Take Chelski, they would have only been an also ran at best, if they'd not had a pretty much unprecedented windfall of cash.

And teams like Leeds show the pitfalls of trying to compete above your weight (financially anyway).

I said nothing about operating at loss, I said they can buy any player in the world. Man United can still do that.

I cant stand Livepoo because of the amount of plaggy scousers in the office.

There isnt ONE plastic Chelski fan here so its far better to wind the bin dipping twats up who have NEVER been to Anfield!

My reasons are similar. I know loads of glory supporters who've never been to a liverpool match, never mind one at Anfield. They mostly talk bollocks and haven't a clue. The one genuine scouser I'm friends with, I respect his opinions because he knows his stuff.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I said nothing about operating at loss, I said they can buy any player in the world. Man United can still do that.

Man U and Chelsea want the same player. Who wins?

Man U and Chelsea want the same player. Who wins?

The player and selling club. :rolleyes:

Edited by khay

Iirc ManU have made a net profit on the transfer of players since the Glazers have taken over. But that's not the point. Chelsea could buy the top 100 players in the world, completely irrespective of any success on the pitch. ManU have to operate within the constraints of a budget. Can you honestly not see a difference?

Man U can't buy any player in the world, do you think they could have spent £30m on Shevcenko last summer? No chance. I think the point was made evidently clear in the whole Obi Wan debacle.

Man U can't buy any player in the world, do you think they could have spent £30m on Shevcenko last summer? No chance. I think the point was made evidently clear in the whole Obi Wan debacle.

So because they didn't spend £30m on a players last season that proves they can't? They've been doing it for years?

Chelsea are probably more restricted in the transfer market these days, hence why they couldn't spend in January.

Iirc ManU have made a net profit on the transfer of players since the Glazers have taken over. But that's not the point. Chelsea could buy the top 100 players in the world, completely irrespective of any success on the pitch. ManU have to operate within the constraints of a budget. Can you honestly not see a difference?

Nonsense.

So because they didn't spend £30m on a players last season that proves they can't? They've been doing it for years?

Chelsea are probably more restricted in the transfer market these days, hence why they couldn't spend in January.

£30m on a 30 year old? Man U could never spend that sort of money.