Storms

Elric

Haha, we've got kraftwerk blaring out watching the lightening and laughing at chavers getting soaked by passing cars

25270[/snapback]

:rolleyes::angry:

My Sky is back on :lol:

I've been sitting on the balcony watching it, at one stage I counted 8 actual bolts of forked lightining within my view in the space of a minute. The big block of flats in Shieldfield has been struck twice that I've seen.

I've been sitting on the balcony watching it, at one stage I counted 8 actual bolts of forked lightining within my view in the space of a minute. The big block of flats in Shieldfield has been struck twice that I've seen.

25275[/snapback]

Same up here, I've counted about 20 lightning strikes in total within my field of vision, somewhere up near Scotswood looked to have taken about 3 at least, one of which the actual 'streak' of lightning seemed to hold in place for a good 3 seconds :rolleyes:

25275[/snapback]

Same up here, I've counted about 20 lightning strikes in total within my field of vision, somewhere up near Scotswood looked to have taken about 3 at least, one of which the actual 'streak' of lightning seemed to hold in place for a good 3 seconds :rolleyes:

25284[/snapback]

Oh whey nae loss then! :angry:

25275[/snapback]

Same up here, I've counted about 20 lightning strikes in total within my field of vision, somewhere up near Scotswood looked to have taken about 3 at least, one of which the actual 'streak' of lightning seemed to hold in place for a good 3 seconds :angry:

25284[/snapback]

Oh whey nae loss then! :lol:

25288[/snapback]

Place will be covered in that 'red weed' stuff by tomorrow :rolleyes::lol:

It was so humid on the metro it was unbelievable. Then when I got off at Tynemouth, at about 6.10 it was pitch black with the street lights on. I had no option but to walk home without a jacket. :rolleyes:

But getting pissed on didn't bother me too much - I was convinced I was going to get struck by lightning! There were bolts flying off left, right and centre!

You know when you hear thunder immediately after the flash, and it actually sounds like the sky is being torn apart, before there's a huge boom? Well, I experienced about 10 of them in two minutes. The nearest struck a house about 100 feet away. I was temporarily blinded and my ears popped.

I was just shitting myself waiting for my hair to stand on end, which is apparently the last thing you feel before you're fried. I now need to change my underwear as well as all my outer clothes. :angry:

Wierd as well. When I got back home, virtually everything that needs electromagnetic radiation wasn't working - Sky, the radio, my mobile, my wireless LAN, the internet or my land line. Now the lightning's receding everything's come back on line.