Charles N'Zogbia

Gemmill

Hey Isegrim, speaking of Klinsmann, I heard on the news that there's been a baby boom in Germany in March which is being directly attributed to all you filthy Germans ragging during the World Cup to celebrate Germany' s success. Birth rate up 30% in March - apparently they're calling them the Klinsi Generation or something. :(

I rather attribute it to the consumption of alcohol during the World Cup. It was ridiculous how willing the mixture of sun, alcohol and football made loads of women during the big public events. I'll call them the Beer generation...

Good, I can't wait for Euro 2008!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought only lesbians and men liked football?

So how does that work then.

I've noticed there's normally plenty of women about in the bars and pubs during the summer tournaments that wouldn't be there for qualifiers or club matches. I don't think they particularly like like football but they still go to watch.

We signed a £5m trophy player instead of addressing the actual weaknesses in our team. Simple as that really.

It's not that simple!!

Duff has spent a lot of time on the injury list giving Zoggy opportunities to prove his worth and he just hasn't done it for whatever reason.

Usually a bench-warmer can't wait to be given an opportunity to prove he should be in the starting line-up, might even see it as a blessing for him if someone gets hurt. Monday night Zoggy was awful when he had another opportunity.

Maybe his problem is contract negotiations not going the way he or his agent wants.

I think it's fair to say that he does seem to have taken a huff at the arrival of Duff even before it became clear Duff wasn't performing.

Wasn't he pretty much dropped as soon as Duff was fit to play though? I'm not sure how you can make the claim that he took the huff the minute Duff arrived.

His head has seemed to be down ever since Duff's arrival to me at least. I'm not saying I wouldn't be pissed off if I were in his position but I would keep trying to do something about it. I just haven't seen that from him.

The whole problem stems from a poor use of our resources in the transfer window though.

All this took place not long after he lost his dad.

You can sort of see why a 19 year old kid would feel like the world has turned against him.

Also the comment someone else made about the lack of support this season by playing right footed central defenders as left backs is interesting. The player that probably had performed the best there, Edger, also is a young player that looks to be on his way out according to .com.

What the fuck is going on?

For all the arguments of Zoggy I still bring Milner to the table of this, now if he would have come back after the way we messed him about and treated him, then didn't give a shit who could have blamed him? but he's worked his arse off and just got on with his job.

Milner's been getting games though tbf. Although he hasn't been immune to Roeder's bizarre drop them when they're playing well approach.

But even when he first came back, he didn't have to bust a gut for a manager who clearly didn't want him to be there. He could have sulked and not been arsed but he didn't.

Milner's been getting games though tbf. Although he hasn't been immune to Roeder's bizarre drop them when they're playing well approach.

But even when he first came back, he didn't have to bust a gut for a manager who clearly didn't want him to be there. He could have sulked and not been arsed but he didn't.

No, but there's no indication that N'Zogbia instantly did this either though.

No, but there's no indication that N'Zogbia instantly did this either though.

There's not, but something is not right from both parties that's for certain.

But at the end of the day Milner also knew that if it wasn't the mid transfer window it would be the summer one where he would be away from the fucking idiot that is rodent.

I think people are actually missing the importance and effect his father passing would have had on him.

He's still a kid and without that influence, especially if they were close, he's going to lose a lot of perspective in everything he does.

But at the end of the day Milner also knew that if it wasn't the mid transfer window it would be the summer one where he would be away from the fucking idiot that is rodent.

I think people are actually missing the importance and effect his father passing would have had on him.

He's still a kid and without that influence, especially if they were close, he's going to lose a lot of perspective in everything he does.

Were they close? I seem to remember hearing the opposite (I might be talking complete bollocks here like).

Either way you might well be right that this is effecting him. Wor lass lost her dad recently and she's having a terrible time.

Although folk are going on about Zoggy's dad and rightly so, he was playing some fantastic stuff last season after he had passed.

Although folk are going on about Zoggy's dad and rightly so, he was playing some fantastic stuff last season after he had passed.

And therefore I wouldn't use it as an excuse. It's all speculation anyway. But I don't find it that unnatural that a player gets pissed off after having a very good season and getting put one of the biggest names in English football ahead of him who (expectedly) gets picked for the first team even when being totally out of form. Milner responded well to his mistreatment and deserves credit for this, but it is hardly the normal way of reacting to this kind of things - even if it ideally should be.

Said it on N-O a few weeks ago, the big difference between Milner and N'Zogbia's "attitude" is because of circumstances, Milner's been getting a game because there has been no-one else and Roeder hasn't one of his own signings ahead of him. N'Zogbia hasn't had the same circumstances on the left, he's only started ten league games, and I bet half of those were out of position (don't care if he supposedly thinks he's better in the middle, it's not his job to decide).

If he'd been getting regular football like Milner, maybe we'd be seeing a similar player to last season. He looked to be returning to form vs Pompey at home just before he crocked himself, then he's not started a game since his return from injury.

If anyone thinks Milner would have sat on the bench all season and still been happy to stay, you're living in cloud cuckoo land imo.

Guest alex

Said it on N-O a few weeks ago, the big difference between Milner and N'Zogbia's "attitude" is because of circumstances, Milner's been getting a game because there has been no-one else and Roeder hasn't one of his own signings ahead of him. N'Zogbia hasn't had the same circumstances on the left, he's only started ten league games, and I bet half of those were out of position (don't care if he supposedly thinks he's better in the middle, it's not his job to decide).

If he'd been getting regular football like Milner, maybe we'd be seeing a similar player to last season. He looked to be returning to form vs Pompey at home just before he crocked himself, then he's not started a game since his return from injury.

If anyone thinks Milner would have sat on the bench all season and still been happy to stay, you're living in cloud cuckoo land imo.

Good point, I agree.

I think he's an average player who was in excellent form for about 3 months.

Anything over £5 million and I'd sell.

:(

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :)

:(

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :)

He wasn't, up until Christmas last year people were saying how great Taylor was with little mention of N'Zgobia apart from after the odd performance, he picked up after that and played really well in the run in.

Blaming Roeder for him being shite is the easy option.

Can we blame Roeder for Taylor playing shite? ;)

Taylor has had shite games this season but he's also had excellent games too, what he needs is someone to bollock him when he tries to be a one man army running around with his chest puffed out.

N'Zogbia on the other hand has been terrible, his passing, crossing and link up play has never been that good but what he did have going for him was his explosive pace when he ran at people, seems he's been figured out by a lot of defenders.

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :P

He wasn't, up until Christmas last year people were saying how great Taylor was with little mention of N'Zgobia apart from after the odd performance, he picked up after that and played really well in the run in.

Honestly, I wonder if we are watching the same matches? N'Zogbia had a really good start to the season that earned him the starting place. Then (like all players around him) he faded away a bit, but found his form again in the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season for a young player and considering the state the team was in. He isn't an ex-Inter-player though...

EDIT: N'Zogbia's crossing never been good? It has been inconsistent at times, but he did put in quite a few pin point crosses. Especially some of his dead balls were way ahead of the shit Emre constantly puts in...

Edited by Isegrim

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :P

Honestly, I wonder if we are watching the same matches? N'Zogbia had a really good start to the season that earned him the starting place. Then (like all players around him) he faded away a bit, but found his form again in the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season for a young player and considering the state the team was in. He isn't an ex-Inter-player though...

He didn't earn a starting place, we started the season with him as our only left winger, we then bought Luque to play there but he got injured on his second or third appearance and was out for 3months.