Roeder and NUFC part company

The Mighty Hog

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talksport seem assured that he's gone like

Considering their track record, that's not the news we want to be hearing. :lol:

Until we see a definite "Roeder sacked" with accompanying images appear on your screen it hasn't happened!

Alright Neil? <_<

You recovered from last night then?

Can you keep your private liaisons to PMs - there's a sacking to be discussed in here! :D

Considering their track record, that's not the news we want to be hearing. :lol:

Until we see a definite "Roeder sacked" with accompanying images appear on your screen it hasn't happened!

Alright Neil? :D

I was fine today i'm pleased to say. I don't seem to be getting hangovers that much after nights out recently!

Alright Neil? <_<

Can you keep your private liaisons to PMs - there's a sacking to be discussed in here! :D

:rolleyes:

A potential sacking at the moment, until Jimbo can confirm it!

Alright Neil? <_<

A potential sacking at the moment, until Jimbo can confirm it!

Sadly I'm at work so I can't officially confirm until 6am at the very earliest ! :suicide:

Sky Sports News understands Glenn Roeder has been summoned to an emergency board meeting at Newcastle.

Local reports suggest Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd called the meeting to discuss the club's disappointing season, as talk of Roeder's possible exit intensifies.

A 2-0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at St James' Park on Sunday was greeted by a crescendo of boos and calls for Roeder's head, as a disgruntled home crowd made their feelings clear.

Newcastle have been hampered all season by a succession of injuries to key men, most noticeably Michael Owen, but their 13th place in the Premiership table will likely be deemed unacceptable.

Sam Allardyce's recent departure from Bolton will do nothing to quell talk of Roeder being dismissed, given the fact that Shepherd has in the past been open in his admiration for the former Wanderers chief.

More news to follow...

Considering their track record, that's not the news we want to be hearing. :D

Alright Neil? <_<

I was fine today i'm pleased to say. I don't seem to be getting hangovers that much after nights out recently!

You fall down the stairs again? :lol:

THE SUN

NEWCASTLE have sacked boss Glenn Roeder - paving the way for Sam Allardyce to take over.

Yesterday's 2-0 home defeat against Blackburn - as mediocre as most of the Magpies' season - proved the final straw for the Toon board.

And now ex-Bolton chief Allardyce is in pole position for the type of big job he has craved.

Roeder's exit after 14 months in charge is hardly a surprise.

Toon fans booed off the former West Ham manager and his under-achieving players following Rovers' victory.

But, after lifting the Magpies to a mid-table finish last term following Graeme Souness' departure, Roeder has seen his squad decimated by injuries this season.

Record £16million signing Michael Owen has led the casualty list - only returning two games ago after hurting his knee during the World Cup finals.

Roeder has always shrugged off speculation over his future.

But now he has paid for Newcastle's high expectations, with a bottom-half finish in the Premiership certain.

Allardyce, who stunned Bolton fans by quitting last week, is the obvious successor.

And he is thought to have important backers on the Newcastle board.

Considering their track record, that's not the news we want to be hearing. :D

Alright Neil? <_<

You fall down the stairs again? :lol:

Happilly i didn't!

I should have sued the Trent for damages after that, another bloke had already slipped and fell before i did so they should have done something about it! And since it was a few mins after i arrived they couldn't blame drink for my fall, i could have had them! :suicide:

70 guests reading this thread.

Register you mackem bastards.

p.s. Glenn out!

I registered but i'm not a mackem bastard.

hello everyone

Talking chebs :lol:

You better believe it :D

More info from eurosport:

Newcastle have sacked manager Glenn Roeder, leading to speculation that Sam Allardyce is set to take control of the Tyneside club.

Allardyce resigned as Bolton boss last week and was immediately linked with Manchester City and Newcastle, and it appears that the latter opted to act swiftly to ensure they get their man.

Roeder, 51, was only given the St James' Park job on a permanent basis at the beginning of this season, after receiving special dispensation from the Premier League despite not having the requisite qualifications.

He had been in temporary charge of the Magpies following the sacking of Graeme Souness and, in that season, eased them away from the bottom half of the Premiership to a seventh-placed finish that saw them qualify for - and win - the Intertoto Cup.

But this season has seen Roeder hampered by injuries and Newcastle cannot finish any higher than 12th, only on 42 points with one game remaining. Roeder spent six years at Newcastle as a player and has also managed West Ham and Watford.

And with Sunderland, led by Manchester United legend Roy Keane, confirming their promotion to the Premiership as Champions, their fiercest rivals are looking for a high-profile appointment to counter the haze of publicity that will surround the Black Cats.

Newcastle have not won a domestic title for 52 years.

What a twat Freddy is though... what does he think? That he will steal ManU's thunder and pull the media cover over ourselves? :lol:

... on the other hand maybe he's hoping no one will notice with all the title talk

:D no he thinks it will steal our thunder fact!.... B)Eeeeeeeeee!!.. "more silverware"!

I dont think he can be offially sacked until the stock market is told on Tuesday. Or at least an announcemtn cant be made. Thats not to say he's not packing his stuff now.

Ive nowt against the bloke personally, done a good job for us at te end of last season but was out of his depth for me like.

They're all saying he's sacked without saying who told them. Fucking club can't even get a sacking right

No perhaps no ones officially told them? Like I say, I dont actually think they can (yet).

I dont think he can be offially sacked until the stock market is told on Tuesday. Or at least an announcemtn cant be made. Thats not to say he's not packing his stuff now.

Ive nowt against the bloke personally, done a good job for us at te end of last season but was out of his depth for me like.

Nail on the head! Should never have got it on a permanent basis tbh

He's now resigned apparently

Says???

The voice of the nation .. Talksport :lol:

Maybe he can put his resignation in and it won't affect the stock market carry on malarky