Roeder and NUFC part company

The Mighty Hog

It's a sad state of affairs though when we only get euphoric when a manager gets the push.

Yes, Roeder officially resigned but we all know he was asked to go.

I have absolutely no confidence in Shepherd getting this right tbh. Many are putting 2 and 2 together and assuming Allardyce will get the job. The one thing we'll do well to remember is assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, particularly where that fat bastard is concerned!

Exactly, remember the horror of the news that Souness had been appointed.

Unless you were Leazes :lol:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else got the all too familiar sense of foreboding?

We've been here before in September 2004 and February 2006 expecting a much better man to be drafted in only to be ultimately disappointed.

Roeder had to go, of that there is no doubt. But how many of you out there have faith in the man who has to appoint his replacement?

I certainly don't.

As I said in the other thread, for once I actually have faith that this has been a thought out move. Big Sam may not be the most ideal candidate but I reckon hes been the man Shepherd wanted which, for once doesnt smack of desperation. In addition, I reckon that Sammy boy wouldnt come without some knowledge that he was going to be backed with money moreso than he was at Bolton otherwise why leave for a job he (allegedly) turned down a year ago? Especially not to a club which is frankly moving in the opposite direction to Bolton.

And yet it's taken 9 pages for this to sink in. If anyone greeted this news with more than just a muttered 'good' then they want their head read. This is step 1 in a 10 step action plan needed to turn this club around. If have no confidence in step 2 being taken correctly.

give us the other 9 steps then...I'm sure we ALL WANT TO KNOW WTF THEY WIL BE !!!

It's a sad state of affairs though when we only get euphoric when a manager gets the push.

I have absolutely no confidence in Shepherd getting this right tbh. Many are putting 2 and 2 together and assuming Allardyce will get the job. The one thing we'll do well to remember is assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, particularly where that fat bastard is concerned!

You mean this little lot?

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=210

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=211

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=214

You come across quite well in that Craig...

FREDDY SHEPHERD CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED....

I'D PREFER TERRY VENABLES TO SOUNESS!!!

THEY ALWAYS SAY THING'S COME IN THREES, WELL HE'S SHAFTED US YET AGAIN!!

:lol:

And yet it's taken 9 pages for this to sink in. If anyone greeted this news with more than just a muttered 'good' then they want their head read. This is step 1 in a 10 step action plan needed to turn this club around. If have no confidence in step 2 being taken correctly.

give us the other 9 steps then...I'm sure we ALL WANT TO KNOW WTF THEY WIL BE !!!

Don't take your mackem relatives angst out on me missus :lol:

We've been here before in September 2004 and February 2006 expecting a much better man to be drafted in only to be ultimately disappointed.

Roeder had to go, of that there is no doubt. But how many of you out there have faith in the man who has to appoint his replacement?

I certainly don't.

As I said in the other thread, for once I actually have faith that this has been a thought out move. Big Sam may not be the most ideal candidate but I reckon hes been the man Shepherd wanted which, for once doesnt smack of desperation. In addition, I reckon that Sammy boy wouldnt come without some knowledge that he was going to be backed with money moreso than he was at Bolton otherwise why leave for a job he (allegedly) turned down a year ago? Especially not to a club which is frankly moving in the opposite direction to Bolton.

That's making the assumption that it IS Allardyce. 12 months ago, many of us were convinced Martin O'Neill was on his way but Fred changed his mind / stalled / fucked up.

He's gonna look like a right tit if he appoints Allardyce only days after saying he's never spoken to him and has no interest in speaking to him.

Mike Newell's out of a job isn't he? Perhaps Fred will want him to hand-hold Shearer for a while? :lol:

You mean this little lot?

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=210

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=211

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=214

You come across quite well in that Craig...

FREDDY SHEPHERD CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED....

I'D PREFER TERRY VENABLES TO SOUNESS!!!

THEY ALWAYS SAY THING'S COME IN THREES, WELL HE'S SHAFTED US YET AGAIN!!

:lol:

Yep, but Leazes will have you believe that I wanted Souness all along....

Unless, of course, I editted my posts :D

I certainly don't.

That's making the assumption that it IS Allardyce. 12 months ago, many of us were convinced Martin O'Neill was on his way but Fred changed his mind / stalled / fucked up.

He's gonna look like a right tit if he appoints Allardyce only days after saying he's never spoken to him and has no interest in speaking to him.

Mike Newell's out of a job isn't he? Perhaps Fred will want him to hand-hold Shearer for a while? :lol:

It is all supposition, however Sam left Bolton for some reason, yes theres talk of Man City but link it in with the fact that we had this emergency meeting when there was never need for one and it all smacks of Shepherd deciding to bring forward the announcement by a week following the debacle that was Saturday.

That to me is the important thing, regardless of who comes in, be it Sam (most likely) or someone else this hasnt been a rush appointment, it appears to have been thought out otherwise Roeder would have stayed until next weekend then parted company with the usual FFS lines of "I've already had interest from Sven, Hitzfeld and the Pope but wont stop in my quest to find the perfect manager" before shitting himself in late July and appointing Howard Wilkinson.

Shall I just remind you when we actually appointed Roeder full time? :lol:

Well you can do if it makes you feel better but then Cath will just pipe in accusing us of arguing because J69s gay or summit or other.

Well you can do if it makes you feel better but then Cath will just pipe in accusing us of arguing because J69s gay or summit or other.

:D<_<:rolleyes:

:D<_<:rolleyes:

Shurrup :suicide:

Yep I agree with that one. The combination of Shearer and Roeder got us out of the shit at the end of 05/06.

When Shearer left the club at the end of the season, Fred should have shook Roeder's hand and thanked him for all his help and offered him his position in the academy back.

Instead he took the easy (and shit) option and offered him a full time contract. Can't blame Glenn for that one, it's Fred who has to answer.

I'm not sure it was Shearers tactical nouse or anything like that that helped though, personally I suspect it was basically his goals and presence on the pitch and in the dressing room that did more than anything.

Clearly Roeder has issues with motivation, certainly towards the end of this season, but it's worrying when a squad is that insipid if anyone can get that much out of them.

Definitely official now then...

Stuff about having "lost the dressing room" and such coming out now, a bit Robson-esq really and in a way I think goes back to a recurrent problem we have here FFS is a problem in an of himself, but our players cause problems too, in a way you couldn't imagine elsewhere.

I mean can you imagine Ferguson losing the dressing room (although I guess he came close with his retirement thing - although I wonder if the lack of security Newcastle managers have doesn't maybe filter through to the players in that way as well).

Losing the dressing room? So at least the players realised how shit Roeder was at managing them.

FS recently said that Newcastle United was one of the top 8 managerial posts in the world. We wouldn't believe just who wanted the job.

Pearce/Coleman/O'Leary/Newell maybe?

Losing the dressing room? So at least the players realised how shit Roeder was at managing them.

FS recently said that Newcastle United was one of the top 8 managerial posts in the world. We wouldn't believe just who wanted the job.

I still think it'll be Titus Bramble, all those times his head is somewhere else when playing, he's obviously considering the tactical flow of the game instead, managerial genius tbh. :lol: (and an "honourary geordie" to boot)

I still think it'll be Titus Bramble, all those times his head is somewhere else when playing, he's obviously considering the tactical flow of the game instead, managerial genius tbh. :D (and an "honourary geordie" to boot)

Bramble for manager :lol:

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

On what evidence is he a top man by the way?

Jesus Christ man, Gol. You know what she means.

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

I'm fucking over the moon at the minute. So happy when I found out he'd went :D

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! <_<

You'd have to be from another planet not to be able to work out that Glenn is a really decent bloke. I wish him well.

Just got home from a race meeting. couldnt believe it when I heard the breaking news on 5live :lol: I'd put radio on in the van to see how Arse v Chelski was going.

Same happened when Sir Bobby got the push, that day was a bank holiday and we were on our way to a race track, couldnt help thinking today, 'hereeeee we go again!! Will we ever be a settled team with a manager we can respect? Will we ever have continuity at our club? I know Glenn had to go but lets hope to god this time we get the right person for the job, not just someone who happens to be available, we really are a laughing stock :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd say thanks Glenn for getting us out of Souness's shit and best of luck for the future, a top man but alittle out of his depth.

By giving us our worst ever Premiership season? By giving us our worst home run in nearly 60 years?

He took us to 7th that season. Fair play to him. He seems like a very nice bloke, hence the 'top man' bit.

Thanks skol, im sure Gol knew what I meant too, but he seems to like nit picking anything I ever say! <_<

You'd have to be from another planet not to be able to work out that Glenn is a really decent bloke. I wish him well.

What are you basing this "decent bloke" stuff on? Have you ever met him, are you mates? For the record, I have never met him, but I do know some people that have, and allegedly the guy's a complete cock.

What are you basing this "decent bloke" stuff on? Have you ever met him, are you mates? For the record, I have never met him, but I do know some people that have, and allegedly the guy's a complete cock.

I've heard the exact opposite to you from people who've apparently met him too.