The relegation thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something was on tonight, although I don't know where. Somehow I doubt it was at Bramall Lane.

Expect legal action from Sheffield United and Wigan. Illegal player scoring the goal that sent Warnock (one of the biggest complainers on two legs) down? Shitstorm to follow at 9, stay tuned.

Guest alex

Bet the Premier League are gutted West Ham stayed up.

Tevez scoring the goal that kept them up too. Mental.

Aye. West Ham probably should have been docked points too I reckon. Having said that, I wish this was the end of it and there's no court action or whatever.

Bet the Premier League are gutted West Ham stayed up.

Tevez scoring the goal that kept them up too. Mental.

Aye. West Ham probably should have been docked points too I reckon. Having said that, I wish this was the end of it and there's no court action or whatever.

Fine West Ham two points, just for a laugh.

If West Ham had gone down today and been had points deducted, it would have been somewhat of a toothless punishment.

Sky commentator:

You've got to be gutted for Sheff Utd, from games at Man Utd down to Scunthorpe :lol:

Really hope the media keep that up. We won the league as under-dogs, so let's see what happens next season :nufc:

Sky commentator:

You've got to be gutted for Sheff Utd, from games at Man Utd down to Scunthorpe :lol:

Really hope the media keep that up. We won the league as under-dogs, so let's see what happens next season :lol:

I think they're gutted for Sheffield Utd because they actually have to visit Scunthorpe, rather than because of the standard of opposition. :nufc:

Warnock moaning again, glad he's fucked off back down to the Championship.

nhappy Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock aimed a swipe at Sir Alex Ferguson after his side suffered relegation.

The Blades were condemned to the drop after losing 2-1 at home to Wigan, while West Ham escaped the drop courtesy of a 1-0 win at champions Manchester United.

Ferguson left out some of his top stars for the game with West Ham after suggesting in the build-up to the game that he would play his strongest side.

Warnock was left with a bitter taste in his mouth at Ferguson's selection just a week after hitting out at Rafa Benitez for playing a weakened side at Fulham.

"I thought Sir Alex would play a stronger team today and to see him celebrating on the pitch [after being presented with the Premiership trophy] leaves a bitter taste," bemoaned Warnock.

"You can blame everyone really can`t you? What goes around comes around. I`m looking forward to the [FA] Cup final and the Champions League final."

Warnock also hit out at referee Rob Styles as he looked back on key moments that went against his side this season.

The Blades boss is still disgruntled with Styles for denying his side a penalty against Manchester United in April and awarding Liverpool a penalty against his side on the opening day of the season to deny his side victory.

"There were two penalties from Rob Styles this season but he won`t be bothered tonight," added Warnock. "He won`t be hurt. There were some other decisions, the commission [ruling that West Ham would be fined and not docked points over the transfers of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano].

"It`s easier for Sheffield United to be relegated than West Ham... it will be fish and chip paper by Tuesday.

"A lot [of people] will be quite happy at the club being relegated. We couldn`t climb the final hurdle. It`s a horrible time, you feel sick in the stomach.

"You feel very bitter. It seems to be one thing after. It`s very difficult at this moment."

Guest alex

As someone on Radio 5 pointed out, teams like Man Utd rotate their squad and rest players throughout the season. Also, didn't Warnock field a weakened team for an FA Cup match this season?

Glad to see Sheffield United drop. It means not seeing that Stuart McCall walking the touchline in Premiership games anymore. Fuckin' hell he annoys me.

Is "go do" Australian for going down? Regardless, can't you just stick to your own ridiculous sports please?

Alex in pedantic typing mistake shocker! :lol:

I only know one sport old chum, so fuck off.

Guest alex

Is "go do" Australian for going down? Regardless, can't you just stick to your own ridiculous sports please?

Pedantic enough to point out it was Renton anyway.

:nufc: sorry alex but you know the shoe fits and all that :lol:

fookin stupid aussies.

Guest alex

:lol: sorry alex but you know the shoe fits and all that :lol:

fookin stupid aussies.

:nufc: