Words that do your head in

gram

People who say expresso instead of espresso.

People who complain that there's hardly any coffee in their cup when they ordered an espresso (purely based on the fact that it was 10p cheaper than any of the other coffees).

Do you work in Starbucks?

No, I used to work in a cinema. Customers are idiots.

The Vue is so much better. ;)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You know" 20 times a sentence is becoming far too common - I blame Beckham and other thick fuckers but "normal" people have started doing it as well.

People who complain that there's hardly any coffee in their cup when they ordered an espresso (purely based on the fact that it was 10p cheaper than any of the other coffees).

Cineworld (which is nowhere near as good as UGC was) is cheaper in every aspect. With the prices that cinemas charge I think this is a blessing.

It also has more screens (but not enough to show Goal 2 :razz:).

Ben and Jerry's > Haagen Daaz.

Cineworld (which is nowhere near as good as UGC was) is cheaper in every aspect. With the prices that cinemas charge I think this is a blessing.

It also has more screens (but not enough to show Goal 2 :razz: ).

Ben and Jerry's > Haagen Daaz.

To be honest I prefer the Vue as its closer, and the seats are comfortable. For both reasons I don't mind paying extra for. Not looking forward to paying full price and not student price though. My student card should do me up till the end of the summer though.

Anything that begins with "Eco" (Ecotherapy, Ecorape, Ecogenocide whatever).

"Craic" (unless you are actually from Ireland, maybe)

and "I could care less" (when they mean "I could NOT careless", or at least "like I could careless").

(and people that say "yeahyeahyeah" ;) )

Edited by Fop

Guest Toplass-101

thats what I would have said ;) ill not now though :razz:

I just dont like it when people from working class background come to Uni and start speaking posh because of who they hang round with.

Like my mate from Yorkshire's voice has totally changed,

started saying the word 'one' as 'won' and all that posh shite.

Twat

my accent has all but gone to be honest. Not through any concious effort to sound "posh", it's just that I've always picked up on the accents and dialect of the people I spend a lot of time with.

Two weeks or so back in Newcastle and I'll be more Geordie than I sound now, go stay with my Irish relatives and I'm sure I'd pick up their accent a little too.

Like I say it's not a conscious thing, so maybe your mate is the same?

my accent has all but gone to be honest. Not through any concious effort to sound "posh", it's just that I've always picked up on the accents and dialect of the people I spend a lot of time with.

Two weeks or so back in Newcastle and I'll be more Geordie than I sound now, go stay with my Irish relatives and I'm sure I'd pick up their accent a little too.

Like I say it's not a conscious thing, so maybe your mate is the same?

Social chameleon tbh

Guest alex

Nah hes not.

Hes a twat and does it delibretely.

Youve gotta hear it man, cringe worthy!

;) Anyone who changes their accent needs to have a word with themself (preferably in their native tongue).

Guest alex

Aks instead of asks, next time u hear a black person say ask listen closely - whats all that about?

Ebonics, I axe you. ;)

Word.

Nah hes not.

:razz: Anyone who changes their accent needs to have a word with themself (preferably in their native tongue).

Haway alex, you've lived on the emerald isle for a while now, shirly you say a thing or two with an Oirish lilt?

As I said before, I'm not deliberately "putting on" an accent to disguise my own, I just pick up the way others speak around me. I think it's most noticable in students living away from their home, they're mixing with a much larger variety of accents everyday.

anyway, on my return I switch back to the "how man lyke petal, flower, y'knaaaaaaah" rhythm pretty sharpish for fear of the old blokes at the lercal staving my head in with their steiners ;)

Guest alex

Nah hes not.

:razz: Anyone who changes their accent needs to have a word with themself (preferably in their native tongue).

Haway alex, you've lived on the emerald isle for a while now, shirly you say a thing or two with an Oirish lilt?

As I said before, I'm not deliberately "putting on" an accent to disguise my own, I just pick up the way others speak around me. I think it's most noticable in students living away from their home, they're mixing with a much larger variety of accents everyday.

anyway, on my return I switch back to the "how man lyke petal, flower, y'knaaaaaaah" rhythm pretty sharpish for fear of the old blokes at the lercal staving my head in with their steiners ;)

That's a bite so it is.

Nah hes not.

:( Anyone who changes their accent needs to have a word with themself (preferably in their native tongue).

anyway, on my return I switch back to the "how man lyke petal, flower, y'knaaaaaaah" rhythm pretty sharpish for fear of the old blokes at the lercal staving my head in with their steiners :razz:

Ah, but if you really wanted to you would keep your accent, might take a concsious effort, but you could, you just really want to be a toff don't you! ;)

One of my mates dad, when drunk, would pick peoples accent up after about an hour, mixing it in with his own very quickly!

My dad used to do a lot of work with people living in Asia and I always found it funny the way he used to speak to them on the phone.

One of my mates is Welsh but the only time he sounds it is when he gets drunk. It's brilliant. ;)