Emre staying, Sib going

2bias

skysports.com say emre wants to stay and sib rejected contract, sounds good to me i dont think sibierski can keep performing well, he reckons hes got several years left at the top level i dont think so. he scored eight goals most of them against poor sides in the intertoto

Edited by MattM4

Skysports.com understands Antoine Sibierski has knocked back Newcastle's offer of a new deal.

Sibierski is a free agent after his existing deal expired at the end of the season.

The Frenchman joined Newcastle from Manchester City last August on a short-term deal and he impressed during his time at St James' Park.

Sibierski scored eight goals in 25 games and he made himself a firm favourite with the St James' Park faithful.

The versatile performer was hoping to earn himself a two-year deal, but Newcastle were only prepared to offer him a one-year extension.

Sibierski is now set to move on and the player's agent Willie McKay revealed a number of clubs were keeping tabs on former Lens.

"Antoine has turned down Newcastle's offer of a new one-year deal as he was holding out for a two-year deal," he said.

"Antoine had a great time at Newcastle, but he is now prepared to move on.

"He is feeling fit and he believes that he can play on at the highest level for several more years.

"He is available on a free transfer and I am speaking to a few clubs who are very keen on him.

"Antoine is open to offers and he is keen to get something sorted very quickly."

Weird, obviously he was playing hardball and trying to get his two years, but in the end you'd think he would have signed for one. Where else is he going to go? Maybe he's just being French.

Weird, obviously he was playing hardball and trying to get his two years, but in the end you'd think he would have signed for one. Where else is he going to go? Maybe he's just being French.

;)

:D

Good, Sibierski is shite. Did well in the first couple of months of the season, but after that Roeder (and a few simpletons) fell in love with him and thought he was some sort of great player. Players don't suddenly become good at 32.

Seems a canny bloke and wish him luck for the future, but i'm glad we're moving on.

Good, Sibierski is shite. Did well in the first couple of months of the season, but after that Roeder (and a few simpletons) fell in love with him and thought he was some sort of great player. Players don't suddenly become good at 32.

Seems a canny bloke and wish him luck for the future, but i'm glad we're moving on.

Concurred.

Aye, he was shite and not good enough for the level we want to be at, a stop gap if you will. However, credit where credit is due, in a season full of alleged world class players looking like they couldn't give a fuck (yes, you Damien Duff) he never hid and always gave his all. Which is why we're wishing him the best, one of the few who looked like he gave a shit last season.

Good luck Le Sib. Tried hard and did score some important goals. If Slug Boy was still the boss then I would have liked him to stay but under Allardyce I am more hopefull of us filling the void better.

good news. emre is defintely worth keeping on to, being one of our few midfielders that can pass the ball forwards.

le sib: thanks for the mamories and see you later.

Roeder (and a few simpletons) fell in love with him and thought he was some sort of great player

here we go with that again ;)

Coming from someone who says the same thing about people who don't hate Ameobi?

good news. emre is defintely worth keeping on to, being one of our few midfielders that can pass the ball forwards.

le sib: thanks for the mamories and see you later.

Shame they don't go to our players though.

Gutted that Emre wants to stay.

Thank god bout emre, just found out that he wud b going to Bayern Munich but just read the topic ;)

Edited by Magma