The Big Brother 2007 Thread

Guest Toplass-101

The use of the word "nigger" really fucks me off, I don't buy this acceptability of fellow blacks being allowed to use it but it being totally taboo for a white person to use it in any context, if its such an unacceptable word it should be as unacceptable for any race to use.

Clearly Channel four had to take a zero tolerance towards racism in the light of Celebrity Big Brother, the only bonus is that Emily's arse will be in Nuts and Zoo a lot sooner than before !

I really can't see why that would fuck you off tbh.

Not specifically the word itself, but double-standards regarding the tolerance of its use based on skin colour.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 4 clearly can't be too careful after the Celebrity BB racism row.

Do you think? :D

PS if this example can now be used to bring the format to an end it'd be a result. A fly-on-the wall, full exposure social experiment nervously edited by libel and criminal lawyers. Lost any remaining credibility tbh.

Should just blank the sound completely, just have the spa in the back garden and film the prettiest ones getting their knockers out. It really has no other purpose.

It's been edited from day 1, but I thought they were going to show the clip and her subsequent banishment, aren't they?

As for it having no purpose, it's just as entertaining as it ever was. You can complain about how stupid the contestants are, but they are just as intelligent as the apes that Diane Fossey(?) was fascinated with. It's not about being entertained by any individuals talent (or lack of), but by the ever changing dynamics between the group.

;)

Alex is hooked on the group's ever changing dynamics.

The use of the word "nigger" really fucks me off, I don't buy this acceptability of fellow blacks being allowed to use it but it being totally taboo for a white person to use it in any context, if its such an unacceptable word it should be as unacceptable for any race to use.

Clearly Channel four had to take a zero tolerance towards racism in the light of Celebrity Big Brother, the only bonus is that Emily's arse will be in Nuts and Zoo a lot sooner than before !

Not specifically the word itself, but double-standards regarding the tolerance of its use based on skin colour.

Blacks can use the N word, whites can't.

Blacks have suffered hundreds of years of race based hatred. Whites haven't.

Swings and roundabouts tbh.

Haven't the gays adopted 'quuer' & 'fag' too?

That tv show Queer eye for the straight guy doesn't seem to cause offence anyway.

There'll soon be a show called Nigger Happy TV or something.

That tv show Queer eye for the straight guy doesn't seem to cause offence anyway.

Perhaps Mencap can reclaim 'Spacka' or 'Mong'?

Guest alex

It's not double-standards though. It's a term which black males have reclaimed from racists as a term of fraternity. It's a derogatory racist term when white poeple (for example) use it because of its history. If you understand that I don't see why it's annoying. I suppose I can see where you're coming from but it's an oversimplification as the use of the word is all about its context. Or am I reading too much into it :D

And I haven't watched it yet Sammy. Am I missing out like? ;)

Good idea.

Mongs of Praise

First episode, Steven Hawking receives praise for his work.

Guest alex

It's ok for spackas to call each other spacka though :D

Guest alex

Good idea.

Mongs of Praise

Wehay :D

Good idea.

Mongs of Praise

:D

This thread being stickied lowers the tone of the forum imo. Let it loose amongst the other threads and see if it floats I say.

If it does float we'll then be able to single the sad cnuts out for abuse.

Wow, she really has imploded over the last couple of days. A true shame because Emily was really pretty to look at ;)

For a self proclaimed "clever girl" she is taking the piss tbh :D

Hopefully she will take the Nuts deal and show some more flesh.

this is getttin right on my tits.... ;) too many fucking bitchin women....get some bloody blokes in ffs !!!

You could always stop watching you know! :D

this is getttin right on my tits.... :D too many fucking bitchin women....get some bloody blokes in ffs !!!

aye I think they should bring in some men like. I reckon next Friday they will bring another one in.

No defence of Emily but Charly has made a big big deal of this while trying to pretend she was sticking up for Emily.

"no , no I'm not offended at all....................................................................but fuck it girl Iam shocked ....fancy saying that"

I think she kept remembering she was supposed to be offended :D

Something 'special' is meant 2 happen tomorrow night.

blow the fuckers up ??? I live in hope, then start agin with all blokes and 1 lass :D

Something 'special' is meant 2 happen tomorrow night.

blow the fuckers up ??? I live in hope, then start agin with all blokes and 1 lass :D

I think I've got that film here....somewhere..

No defence of Emily but Charly has made a big big deal of this while trying to pretend she was sticking up for Emily.

"no , no I'm not offended at all....................................................................but fuck it girl Iam shocked ....fancy saying that"

I think she kept remembering she was supposed to be offended :D

No'sir boss, I weren't offended.

Course she was.

She wasnt offended in the slightest, but she saw the opportunity to stir some shit. She kept bringing it up and then saying 'nah nah, shut up man, we need to stop talking about it!'

Still, no defence for emily, stupid thing to say, and it would have been easily rectified at the time with a proper apology rather than her getting all defensive and claiming to be the 'nicest girl I know'