West Ham sign Scott Parker

@yourservice

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good money for us, and since Parker is one of the targets for fans its a good move for him, so i'd definitely take the offer.

However our squad is getting ever smaller so we need to bring in a fair few players this summer!

I like him. They mentioned the mediocre Reo Coker possibly coming the other way too.

It'd be £2m profit, and the lad is a target for the boo boys, so maybe in that respect it'd be better off if he went.

£8.5m? ;)

He's a canny player, not as bad as some make out (Skol!) but no-where near as good as some make out. I'd certainly sell him for that sort of money, thats a totally over-inflated price.

I think the criticism of Parker is harsh at times, however I would be tempted to do the deal as whilst I think he could still do a job I feel hes another at the club whose wage does not represent his ability. Even if we do have money to spend we need to stop spending silly wages on people who do not deserve it and if talk of Parker being on 55 grand a week are true then I think we could get someone else to do as good a job/or better on a far lesser salary.

I think the criticism of Parker is harsh at times, however I would be tempted to do the deal as whilst I think he could still do a job I feel hes another at the club whose wage does not represent his ability. Even if we do have money to spend we need to stop spending silly wages on people who do not deserve it and if talk of Parker being on 55 grand a week are true then I think we could get someone else to do as good a job/or better on a far lesser salary.

Exactly.

Although, it likely would mean that the fuckwit Emre would stay (who I think is on even bigger wages)...

Exactly.

Although, it likely would mean that the fuckwit Emre would stay (who I think is on even bigger wages)...

I would get rid of him too.

I know it does not seem realistic to clear the best part of a whole team out but with the exception of a few players I couldn't care less how many leave the club. We stand by them through blind faith and past reputations but with the exception of the likes of Given, Taylor, Nobby, Butt and Milner (though I still think even he is overhyped at times) and one or two others I wouldn't be too sad to see many of the others go.

I realise we need to play decent wages for decent players but the wages we pay are ridiculous with talk of Parker on 55, Emre on 60, Carr on 35, Luque 40, Dyer 85? and even wee Mickey Owens alleged 110 is obscene and not value for money regardless of how good he is when fit.

None of these and many others regardless what we want to believe are good enough for these sorts of salaries and one of the reasons we are in the mess we are in now.

£8.5m? ;)

He's a canny player, not as bad as some make out (Skol!) but no-where near as good as some make out. I'd certainly sell him for that sort of money, thats a totally over-inflated price.

;) Wrong

Exactly.

I hope so! ;)

Got to love the mackems, over on SMB they already have a 3 page thread about the bid for Parker...of course they don't care about us at all!

Edit - Sorry i got that wrong, they have two threads of 3 pages about the Parker bid!!!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Exactly.

I hope so! ;)

Do you really think he will put in some useful performances when he for a change isn't injured/suspended for a change? He has been as shite as Parker tbh.

Exactly.

I hope so! ;)

Do you really think he will put in some useful performances when he for a change isn't injured/suspended for a change? He has been as shite as Parker tbh.

Yes, if he stays I have faith Allardyce will get the best out of him, especially if we go with his preferred 4-3-3 formation, he's been better than Parker too, in fact he plays better when Parker is out injured.

Exactly.

I hope so! ;)

Yes, if he stays I have faith Allardyce will get the best out of him, especially if we go with his preferred 4-3-3 formation, he's been better than Parker too, in fact he plays better when Parker is out injured.

He played marginally less shite when Parker was out (and vice versa). And you could probably place 4-5 forwards in front of Emre and his passes/set pieces wouldn't find the target tbh.

Exactly.

I hope so! ;)

He played marginally less shite when Parker was out (and vice versa). And you could probably place 4-5 forwards in front of Emre and his passes/set pieces wouldn't find the target tbh.

Now you're just being silly...

Back on topic - Getting rid of Parker is the best thing that could happen to our midfield this summer, my only worry is that our squad wasn't big enough last year and with all the players leaving we could be left in the shit/forced to panic buy.