Breaking news: Viduka signs two year deal

ohhh_yeah

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 out of martins, viduka and owen will not be happy next season then. I wonder if martins will be off to italy. I think viduka and owen would play well together

I'd put money on Owen picking up another fairly bad injury.

1 out of martins, viduka and owen will not be happy next season then. I wonder if martins will be off to italy. I think viduka and owen would play well together

exactly

we really need to have (at least) 3 decent forwards at the club

Sam Allardyce flew to London today to tie up the signing of Aussie striker Mark Viduka on a three-year deal.

And before boarding his plane at Newcastle Airport early this morning, the new United manager told me: "Our front line is looking very exciting for next season."

The Chronicle revealed on May 18 that United were hoping to succeed where they failed last August by luring the 31-year-old striker from Teesside to Tyneside.

We also reported that Allardyce was also hoping to land his former Bolton centre-half Ben Haim - and the United boss has now also confirmed this.

He added: "I sincerely hope Viduka's signing goes through, and I am sure it will once he passes his medical in London today as he has already agreed the terms and conditions of his contract."

United were one of several clubs interested in signing the burly striker and Middlesbrough are disappointed that they were unable to hold on to the former Dynamo Zagreb, Celtic and Leeds United man.

Allardyce pointed out: "We are getting a player with vast experience in Premiership football and a natural goalscorer.

"He has the size and stature to lead our front line and is direct competition for Shola Ameobi, who is fit again now.

"It's common knowledge that every manager in the game wants two players for every position, and that's what we will have at Newcastle United next season as far as our strikers are concerned.

"It's a great start for us as we already have Oba Martins and Michael Owen who can play off a big man, and it is all looking very exciting."

Allardyce was meeting Viduka in a central London hotel after the 6ft 2in striker flew from a holiday in the US yesterday afternoon.

And providing he passes his medical then Viduka will become a Newcastle United player, but he will have to wait to get a look into the home dressing room at St James' Park.

He's off to Croatia on holiday tonight before he links with the Australian squad for the Asia Cup early next month.

The men from down under have three games in their group starting with Oman in Bangkok on July 8, and if they reach the final Viduka will still be in Asia until the end of next month.

Meanwhile, Tal Ben Haim also has an important date when he gets married in Israel next weekend, and he is hoping to complete his move before then.

Plus Viduka is likely to take his foot off the pedal a bit now he's sitting on a three year contract.

Fuck me, Allardyce is getting instant legend status for the way he's going about his business. Top man.

Slaven and the rest of the smoggies were gutted about this on the Legends last night.

Guest alex

Literally light years ahead of Glenda in the way he conducts transfers. Not saying a lot, obviously.

Edited by alex

Fuck me, Allardyce is getting instant legend status for the way he's going about his business. Top man.

I'm being more and more impressed every day - I like the way Barton has mentioned the "sell" that was given to him and Viduka looks the same.

Could be cynical and mention the money but I get the feeling Sam, as with the backroom thing, just goes about things "properly".

I'm being more and more impressed every day - I like the way Barton has mentioned the "sell" that was given to him and Viduka looks the same.

Could be cynical and mention the money but I get the feeling Sam, as with the backroom thing, just goes about things "properly".

proper manager tbh

No pissing about, no wishy washy comments about pole position, no "no one is working harder than me to do what's right for Newcastle United" cobblers. Just signings piling up with minimal fuss.

Parker doesnt exactly look over the moon at west ham like :D

Hope the fuckers get relegated.

He never seems to look to happy like.

Parker doesnt exactly look over the moon at west ham like :D

Hope the fuckers get relegated.

He never seems to look to happy like.

pics?