Breaking news: Viduka signs two year deal

ohhh_yeah

So, why need to make the comment about "fans" (who then become just Henry Winter) when there is in fact a much greater distinction?

If you think that being happy about a more professional setup being installed (as it looks like it's going to happen) is being carried away and "dreaming of future success" then it is up to you. But I'll remain cynical and pessimistic, the only thing I am happy about is that at least the basic foundation will look like that of a club with a multi-million turnover that has in fact some ambition and isn't run like a chippy. But that was something I was (bitterly) complaining about for several years. So I don't see my optimism stepping out of line.

You'll "remain cynical and pessimistic"? Your mates have been telling you to wipe the dazed grim off your face.

You're happy with "a more professional setup being installed"? The signings that make you state this are a lout who's already disfigured 2 team mates and a fan, and a fat 31 year old whose attitude to training has raised many eyebrows.

The only thing you're "happy about is that at least the basic foundation will look like that of a club with a multi-million turnover that has in fact some ambition and isn't run like a chippy" but Freddy is still in charge (for now).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, why need to make the comment about "fans" (who then become just Henry Winter) when there is in fact a much greater distinction?

If you think that being happy about a more professional setup being installed (as it looks like it's going to happen) is being carried away and "dreaming of future success" then it is up to you. But I'll remain cynical and pessimistic, the only thing I am happy about is that at least the basic foundation will look like that of a club with a multi-million turnover that has in fact some ambition and isn't run like a chippy. But that was something I was (bitterly) complaining about for several years. So I don't see my optimism stepping out of line.

You'll "remain cynical and pessimistic"? Your mates have been telling you to wipe the dazed grim off your face.

You're happy with "a more professional setup being installed"? The signings that make you state this are a lout who's already disfigured 2 team mates and a fan, and a fat 31 year old whose attitude to training has raised many eyebrows.

The only thing you're "happy about is that at least the basic foundation will look like that of a club with a multi-million turnover that has in fact some ambition and isn't run like a chippy" but Freddy is still in charge (for now).

Happy Face is seething. :D

HF, we all know that Allardyce was not your choice of manager but are you seriously going to to knock every signing he makes?

Combine the signings (serious improvements on what we have) with the fact that the club has been sold to a billionaire and the shambolic Shepherd era has come to an end and things are look a damned sight brighter than they did a month ago.

Just 4 weeks ago we had Shepherd as owner, Roeder as manager, and no-one was looking forward to the summer, let alone next season.

We've been given the 'golden ticket' we've all wanted for so long. We HAVE to be happy about it.

Shepherd wasn't owner, he was chairman. And he still is.

I am happy with the way things are going at the moment though.

Happy Face is seething. :D

Well conceded. ;)

I love the way how both Barton and now Viduka admit how Big sam "sold" a move to Newcastle to them. It's such a fresh thing after the failings of the weaselling Roeder.

I know I burnt my fingers when I was pleased about the tossers's (Souness) BBC interview, but am I the only one reading all current news reports with a constand grin on my face? Today in the beer garden I got asked what was my smug grin about after receiving text messages from English friends. :D

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't felt this optimistic about the club in ages.

Happy face, go have a wank and release some of the pressure, please :D

Repeat after me:

Four legs good, two legs baaaaaaad!

Four legs good, two legs baaaaaaad!

good point khay, lets not rest on our laurels.

i'm thinking that once ben haim and rozenhal come on board ( if they do of course) that a right back (to replace carr who showed nothing for us last season) to compete with solano, would also be an idea.

i notice we haven't been in for any left backs as yet?

good point khay, lets not rest on our laurels.

i'm thinking that once ben haim and rozenhal come on board ( if they do of course) that a right back (to replace carr who showed nothing for us last season) to compete with solano, would also be an idea.

i notice we haven't been in for any left backs as yet?

Been linked with baines. Maybe Sam is waiting to see how much money he gets to spend first?

I'm certainly not getting too optimistic yet, it's over 3 weeks since he was appointed and we've had no significant movement in his backroom staff, we've signed a pyschopath and a player who only turns it on when he wants to it seems and been linked to a good, but overrated, PL defender and an unknown quantity from the French League.

I'm not saying that we're doomed or not going to have a good season but I remember how impressed many of us were with Roeder's rhetoric when he first came in, and we all know how that went. Ultimately I'll decide how things are going on results on the pitch.

I'm certainly not getting too optimistic yet, it's over 3 weeks since he was appointed and we've had no significant movement in his backroom staff, we've signed a pyschopath and a player who only turns it on when he wants to it seems and been linked to a good, but overrated, PL defender and an unknown quantity from the French League.

How do you know that? I wouldnt expect to see a press release on every appointment/ movement or change in the backroom staff. I reckon its just motoring along nicely to plan after all that part of things is the easy bit, no fighting for physios signatures, no contracts to buy out or other teams coming in to scupper doctor signings at the last minute. Plus technically all these backroom staff are probably still completing their annual holidays.

I'm not expecting a press conference but the local papers certainly would've been reporting any movement, they've been going on long enough about Mike Forde and some other guy but they haven't joined yet. I would've liked to have seen the back room staff assembled sooner rather than later so they would be fully prepared for the players coming back to preseason training so we could hit the ground running.

I'm not expecting a press conference but the local papers certainly would've been reporting any movement, they've been going on long enough about Mike Forde and some other guy but they haven't joined yet. I would've liked to have seen the back room staff assembled sooner rather than later so they would be fully prepared for the players coming back to preseason training so we could hit the ground running.

Having the staff in ahead of pre-season training is obviously very important. Wasn't it in yesterday's Chronicle or somewhere else that the signing of Forde and the other guys looks to get sorted next week? Would still be well in time then, especially as Sam and those people know each other.