Newcastle to meet Ashley as billionaire buys control

Scottish Mag

They've had to put peasepud at the end of a ward cos his feet stick so far out of the bed. Imagine the clip of it. Fucking ambulance with the back door swinging on its hinges with his feet sticking out. ;)

They've had to put peasepud at the end of a ward cos his feet stick so far out of the bed. Imagine the clip of it. Fucking ambulance with the back door swinging on its hinges with his feet sticking out. ;)

:secret:

harrybigfoot.jpg

tbh

harrybigfoot.jpg

tbh

thought they towed him along behind TBH

From The Daily Mail:

Mike Ashley's projected takeover of Newcastle moved a step closer to completion today after the club confirmed it had had "useful and constructive discussion" with the reclusive billionaire at St James' Park.

Ashley is believed to have been negotiating to increase his share ownership in the club to 54%, effectively giving him control. He made a sudden purchase of Sir John Hall's 41.6% shareholding last week.

Financial Dynamics, the public relations company handling Ashley's interest, refused to comment tonight, while the club issued a short statement to the Stock Exchange.

It read: "Further to the announcement by Newcastle United plc on 25 May 2007, the board of Newcastle United announces that there was a meeting with Mike Ashley and his team earlier today at which there was a useful and constructive discussion."

Meanwhile new boss Sam Allardyce is looking forward to his first full day in his new post next Monday after returning from a short holiday in France.

Allardyce described his role as a "massive challenge" and added to the Evening Chronicle: "If a manager can be comfortable, I was probably in the most comfortable job in the game at Bolton.

"Now I've made that big decision to challenge myself, and hopefully I can live up to the challenge at Newcastle United with the right support from the fans and everybody at the club."

Allardyce's first task may be to welcome Australian striker Mark Viduka into his squad. Viduka is believed to have ended new contract negotiations with Middlesbrough and is interested in staying in the north-east.

Who signed Viduka if Allardyce is on holiday and Fat Fred is in hospital?

Russell Cushing at Allardyce's instruction ?

He hasnt been signed, its just paper talk. And by the way if we can get excited by the signing of Viduka, how sad are we ?

Proven goalscorer on a free? I'm not jizzing my pants with excitement but he's certainly not as bad as everyone makes out.

No doubt the "increasingly influential" Kenneth Shepherd will have something to do with it if the takeover takes a while to complete. He conducted Martin's transfer amongst others.

And his loss in getting eventual control of Nufc because of Ashley's takeover is yet another reason for it to go through asap, in my opinion.