BBC Sport News.... it's Viduka

tinofbeans

ss.com have the same story so i think its going to happen, thats now then barton , viduka and likely the czech guy. three signings i wouldnt of had my money on but are still good players.

BBC don't usually report anything unless its nailed on.

I only trust your telly.

Very Wise too.

It's looking canny already up front for next season.

Owen :lol:

Viduka

Martins

Shola

Rather than

Martins

Sibierski

Carroll

Shola

I wonder what's happening with Luque?

Viduka's the kinda of play we needed there for most of last season, might have been interesting if Roeder had managed to get him last summer.

Although equally Viduka's definitely a relatively short term measure, 1-2 seasons unless Allerdyce works some magic.

It's looking canny already up front for next season.

Owen :lol:

Viduka

Martins

Shola

Rather than

Martins

Sibierski

Carroll

Shola

I wonder what's happening with Luque?

Viduka's the kinda of play we needed there for most of last season, might have been interesting if Roeder had managed to get him last summer.

Although equally Viduka's definitely a relatively short term measure, 1-2 seasons unless Allerdyce works some magic.

Tbh, Owen is probably a short term measure as well, as I think he'll be off next season if he doesnt go this year

But he is free, yeah he may get a bit extra as a sign on fee and hopefully Sam unlike the other fucking morons is smart enough to include a few performance clauses in his contract, but if we only get two good seasons out of him it is worth it.

Fuck, chances are we will only get two, possibly three seasons out of Owen for the bargain price of 17m plus wages, you tell me who is better value?

(And no I think he's a lazy bastid who often seems to be wasting his talent and it has nowt to do with the fact he's a lazy fat fellow country man - there was a time where he was going to play for croatia so the ozzie :lol: shit doesn't cut it!)

Our squad was totally lacking depth because of the stupidity of the recent two fuckwits. Now filling it with freebies, especially of the quality of Viduka, is vital. Some of the acquisitions might be short term, but I don't see the problem with this. They will (hopefully) replaced later with better.

i'm not massively convinced by viduka and barton as our first signings under big sam

Yeah but you rate shola so you're about as happenin' as a hip replacement.

i'm happy with shola as 3rd or 4th choice.

i'd be happy with viduka as 3rd or 4th choice but i'm guessing he will be coming in on big wages and will start most games.

he's a good player on his day but he's the wrong side of 30, only turns up when he fancies it and is always injured.....so he should fit in well with the rest of our squad.

oh and he's fat. and australian.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

i'm not massively convinced by viduka and barton as our first signings under big sam

i'd be happy with viduka as 3rd or 4th choice but i'm guessing he will be coming in on big wages and will start most games.

he's a good player on his day but he's the wrong side of 30, only turns up when he fancies it and is always injured.....so he should fit in well with the rest of our squad.

Seeing we will be probably playing three strikers next season, he could be third choice.

And if that's the case I'd still be happy to see donkey nowhere near the team bus.

Seeing we will be probably playing three strikers next season, he could be third choice.

And if that's the case I'd still be happy to see donkey nowhere near the team bus.

you reckon big sam will use his bolton-style 4-3-3 formation? owen must be going if he does. i can't see him working as a lone striker or out wide in a front three.

so as it stands we're looking at a three-pronged attack of shola, martins and viduka :lol:

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

got to love nufc.com's opening par

Tuesday brought widespread reports that the artist formerly known as Marco Viduka had opted to throw his weight behind Newcastle's Premiership challenge next season.

But he is free, yeah he may get a bit extra as a sign on fee and hopefully Sam unlike the other fucking morons is smart enough to include a few performance clauses in his contract, but if we only get two good seasons out of him it is worth it.

Fuck, chances are we will only get two, possibly three seasons out of Owen for the bargain price of 17m plus wages, you tell me who is better value?

(And no I think he's a lazy bastid who often seems to be wasting his talent and it has nowt to do with the fact he's a lazy fat fellow country man - there was a time where he was going to play for croatia so the ozzie :lol: shit doesn't cut it!)

Aye he's what we need now and last season, but it's still a shame we couldn't have got someone similar but younger, as what I mean is that basically from this moment on we should be looking at his replacement (and we haven't even signed him yet).