A bitter mackem finally admits the truth

Grimbo

I know, i read that and posted it on here in the thread about our finaces i think, its just beyond sad and i'd be depressed to share a club with people like that!

26845[/snapback]

Ah, sorry - missed that one.

I'm sure that most mackems don't feel that way - in the same way that most sensible Newcastle supporters probably wouln't want to see Sunderland go bust.

Its too much fun watching them in the deep end, wondering whether they are drowning or waving!

I know, i read that and posted it on here in the thread about our finaces i think, its just beyond sad and i'd be depressed to share a club with people like that!

26845[/snapback]

I'm sure that most mackems don't feel that way - in the same way that most sensible Newcastle supporters probably wouln't want to see Sunderland go bust.

Its too much fun watching them in the deep end, wondering whether they are drowning or waving!

26849[/snapback]

Exactly. I wouldn't wish it on them, because who would we have to take the piss out of?

Boro? Ha! It's nowhere near the same.

That's something us and the Mackems agree on. It's us and them. Boro is the annoying, attention seeking kid jumping around on the sidelines who want to be involved, but are largely ignored, apart from the occasional insult because they're annoying.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

26845[/snapback]

26849[/snapback]

Yeah, the vast majority aren't going to agree with him but there are a large number that take the bitterness/obsession way too far!

Obviously if over the last 10-15 years the two clubs had been reversed i would be more bitter about them than i am, thats logical but it would never get to the levels you see on that board and elsewhere at times.

And elsewhere on their board, 3 of their number being chastised for being at the Owen unveiling. Priceless  :o  :D

26861[/snapback]

Chastised? Some want to string up the SMB 3! :unsure:

26863[/snapback]

They had a "moment of clarity" :)

And elsewhere on their board, 3 of their number being chastised for being at the Owen unveiling. Priceless  :o  :D

26861[/snapback]

Chastised? Some want to string up the SMB 3! :unsure:

26863[/snapback]

I was reading that last night and it really did make me wonder why on earth they would come to SJP to see Owen unveiled. I seriously tried to put myself in their position and though whether I'd go to the SoL if they had signed a world-class centre forward (not that it's likely but this was hugely hypothetical) I don't think I'd even be curious to 'just see what it was like' The thought to go along there just wouldn't even enter my head for a single second. Quite bizarre.

The best bit is all the bitter grumbling about how we'll regret signing Owen, don't know why we're celebrating, we're all doomed etc. If by some miracle the mackems had signed him they'd be in convulsions on the floor, frothing at the mouth and speaking in tounges.

The best bit is all the bitter grumbling about how we'll regret signing Owen, don't know why we're celebrating, we're all doomed etc.  If by some miracle the mackems had signed him they'd be in convulsions on the floor, frothing at the mouth and speaking in tounges.

26914[/snapback]

Isn't that just considered normal behaviour for a Mackem? :unsure:

The best bit is all the bitter grumbling about how we'll regret signing Owen, don't know why we're celebrating, we're all doomed etc.  If by some miracle the mackems had signed him they'd be in convulsions on the floor, frothing at the mouth and speaking in tounges.

26914[/snapback]

Isn't that just considered normal behaviour for a Mackem? :unsure:

26915[/snapback]

If you throw holy water at them or expose them to sunlight, yes.

half way down

"To see the padlocks on the gates at Sid James Park would be better than us winning the Champions League."

26843[/snapback]

Just became my signature on there.

I play 5-a-side with a mackem 'diehard' who was on the defensive the moment I saw him last night. He must have been practising his speech all day. I saw him and greeted him with a 'alreet mat..' before being cut off and getting a 5 minute lecture on how we were doomed and he thought the whole thing was great. I've never heard such an incoherent bitter rant in my life. After I'd picked myself off the floor, I curtailed my giggling, and wished him good luck at Stamford Bridge next week. :unsure:

If i was given a choice of winning the champions league or seeing sunderland go bust,it would be winning the CL by a mile...because that means if they go bust we wont be able to embaress them when we play them,there not evan a good team anymore,they used to be acceptable,nothing more like!

Perhaps he was going by the assumption that our going bust (however unlikely) is a far greater possibility than them ever winning the Champions League. They have only had one (very short) European campaign in their entire history after all.

I was reading that last night and it really did make me wonder why on earth they would come to SJP to see Owen unveiled.  I seriously tried to put myself in their position and though whether I'd go to the SoL if they had signed a world-class centre forward (not that it's likely but this was hugely hypothetical)  I don't think I'd even be curious to 'just see what it was like'  The thought to go along there just wouldn't even enter my head for a single second.  Quite bizarre.

26911[/snapback]

Same here. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they would want to come to see Owen getting paraded.

It conjurs up the image of the pauper child looking into the sweetshop window, and realising that all the goodies are hopelessly beyond him.

Maybe one day I will actually visit one of 'their' sites. Wonder if I would be made welcome?

Thet SMB 3 thing is superb. It was just another mental kicking for them, especially as the 3 that went are home and away diehards. You also get every other week a brilliant 'I went to watch the scum at the weekend at hotch potch park is shite.' thread. You are guaranteed a mackem will be at our games every week then claim it was because they wanted a laugh, or just use it to critiscise the ground, fans etc.

Like I say to them though, cheers for the £30, much appreciated.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Thet SMB 3 thing is superb. It was just another mental kicking for them, especially as the 3 that went are home and away diehards. You also get every other week a brilliant 'I went to watch the scum at the weekend at hotch potch park is shite.' thread. You are guaranteed a mackem will be at our games every week then claim it was because they wanted a laugh, or just use it to critiscise the ground, fans etc.

Like I say to them though, cheers for the £30, much appreciated.

26984[/snapback]

How does it go, the sound of the till closing - Kerching!!!!! :unsure::o

Now if Portly Freddie wanted to cause a bit of commotion, maybe he could start giving a hundred, or so, free tickets for our games to schools around shitsville!!! Ha ha ha :D:):P:P

No doubt there will be a new upsurge in 2-1 t-shirts, scarves, hats, keyrings and limited edition franklin mint plates as well.

How many years was that ago now? And people still have it as their sig?

Edited by BlueStar