Barton or Parker?

Dr Gloom

barton or parker?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only discussing Dyer and his best position earlier.

On the right wing, he can't cross a ball, but when Shearer was herre, he'd get up to the by line, cut in and check it back.

Up front(second striker) he can't finish his dinner and unfortunately can't really thread through too many killer balls. However, his pace and movement often make space for others.

In midfield, he once again can't thread that pass, or strike a ball long range-passing or shooting. His workrate is brilliant though and his pace on counter attacks is a huge asset.

I'm not really sure of what his best position is, he seems to lack that brain capable of creating something out of nothing, but his pace, movement and sharpness on the ball is something that none of our other players really posess.

People have brought up crossing as well. None of our fuckers can cross a ball properly. Emre, N'Zogbia, Milner or Dyer are hopeless at it. Solano and Duff obviously can, but Duff has been crap and Solano has been moved to right back.

Does anyone know if Barton took City's set-pieces? Corners etc.?

We've paid less for Barton, he can play better in the attacking role that Parker was played in most last season (whether that was his choice or the managers I'm not sure), Parker hasn't really seemed to fully get over the illness he had.

That is against Parker not being a twat off the pitch.

Personally I think the pro's in our favour out weigh the cons but I do still rate Parker.

And on the Dyer Milner thing, I think Milner was one of our best players last season but that comes more from the rest of the team being shite than him being exceptional.

As a player he has never performed anywhere near the standard that Dyer was producing under Robson when he really was a top player and tbh I don't see anything in him to suggest he will ever reach that level. That said Dyer was after Chirstmas last season and has a lot of work to do to prove he can get back to an acceptable level let alone the level he was at when he was at his best.

Whenever someone is arguing with Gejon about judging a player's ability he should just refer to Amdy Faye. That should end every discussion.

Was a good player at Portsmouth who never performed anything like that for us. If thats the best you can come up with (one player we signed years ago) then I can't be talking that much bollocks.

Thompers, the opinion of someone who uses his spare time watching people has sex in cars isn't one I am really that bothered about.

My opinion is not a take on the way I hate Dyer at all, if he played well I would have still acknowledged that, but barring the odd game last season he was very poor. Then again he can run at people and his pace apparently brings a whole new dimension to the team.

Whenever someone is arguing with Gejon about judging a player's ability he should just refer to Amdy Faye. That should end every discussion.

Was a good player at Portsmouth who never performed anything like that for us. If thats the best you can come up with (one player we signed years ago) then I can't be talking that much bollocks.

Well, I could still mention Shola...

But it's allegedly Jormans who take everything far too serious. :D

Milner was far superior than Dyer last season, that's my take on things anyways.

But he hasn't got any England caps so he obviously wasn't!

But who's better... Dyer on the top of his form or Milner on the top of his form?

Simple really. Milner just doesn't have the necessary attributes to be anything more than decent.

Milner was far superior than Dyer last season, that's my take on things anyways.

But he hasn't got any England caps so he obviously wasn't!

But who's better... Dyer on the top of his form or Milner on the top of his form?

Simple really. Milner just doesn't have the necessary attributes to be anything more than decent.

When was Dyer last on the top of his form may I add? that's the fucking problem.