Build Him UP To Chop Him Down!

wykikitoon

Expect to see Schumacher come out of retirement some time to pit his wits against the young pretender.

No chance. He knew his game was up when Alonso beat him to two WDCs. I can't see Michael getting back behind the wheel. What i can see is him getting more involved on the management side of things and not with Ferrari.

Expect to see Schumacher come out of retirement some time to pit his wits against the young pretender.

No chance. He knew his game was up when Alonso beat him to two WDCs. I can't see Michael getting back behind the wheel. What i can see is him getting more involved on the management side of things and not with Ferrari.

I bet you a Sima or Steivieintoon ISP ban!! Go on, I dares ya :lol::razz:

Done! :razz:

(it won't happen).

Done! :razz:

(it won't happen).

We'll see. $$$$$$$$$$ :razz:

:lol: Craig knows all the F1 drivers by their first name. Michael, no less!

Mike Schumacher.

I remember the first race at Indy, they showed an American news reel when they said something like "Mike Schumacher leads the Formula One world series"

They wouldn't dare call it a 'championship' because that would belittle the CART series :razz:

As usual the media have gone over the top with this Lewis mania, but I think LH will keep his feet firmly on the ground, he is obviously well bought up and has strong family support around him. Its so great to have something to cheer about anyway, we're hardly cheering on English football, cricket or tennis lately are we?

Lewis is already being compared to Senna, which imo, is ridiculous, but he has the makings of it. Im particulary impressed with his cool thinking under pressure, he's a real racer!

Edited by Toonraider

As usual the media have gone over the top with this Lewis mania, but I think LH will keep his feet firmly on the ground, he is obviously well bought up and has strong family support around him. Its so great to have something to cheer about anyway, we're hardly cheering on English football, cricket or tennis lately are we?

Lewis is already being compared to Senna, which imo, is ridiculous, but he has the makings of it. Im particulary impressed with his cool thinking under pressure, he's a real racer!

As the thread title suggests, the media are only waiting for something to happen. During the race on Sunday, the commentators were talking about Hamilton's comments refering to back-markers as 'monkeys'. Should he say something else of a derogatory nature, the press may come down on him like a ton of bricks.

imo, the lad is outpacing the best driver in the world (alonso) in the same car, a lot of people put this down to the fact that lewis is a smoother driver and has got the natural pace and acumen to think ahead and change the way he races if needs be.

I personally do beleive a bit of the hype as the results do not lie. also schumacher rates him, and he can't be a bad judge of racing driver. still you are only as good as the car you are in tbh.

As the thread title suggests, the media are only waiting for something to happen. During the race on Sunday, the commentators were talking about Hamilton's comments refering to back-markers as 'monkeys'. Should he say something else of a derogatory nature, the press may come down on him like a ton of bricks.

To be fair that comment about the monkeys at the back was very tounge in cheek. Unfortunately, since it's been years since we've seen a Formula 1 driver with a personality people assumed he was being serious.

Jenson Button is like motor racing's Tim Henman.

Hamilton has deserved every bit of praise so far to be fair to him, he's been unbelievable.

I think Button is a good driver he's just been very unlucky when it's came to career choices. Williams got rid for Schumacher, he went to Benneton which turned to Renualt who then got rid of him because he wasn't pally with Briatori like Alonso, he went to BAR which turned to Honda and began to look class (He finished second to Schumacher in the Drivers Championship one year IIRC) but he'd signed a contract with Williams who lost all engine support and looked cack. He bought out his own contract at Williams to stay at Honda who then decided to go backwards and design a car which was utterly shit.

I suppose he'll move to Super Aguri next year just as they decide to ditch the old Honda and use a cardboard box balanced on a unicycle instead, and we'll get to call him "unlucky" again.