Our starting XI against Bolton

Ketsbaia

Beye.......Campbell.......Davies......Drenthe

Milner.........Barton.....Rozenhal.........Zog

..............Owen...........Martins.................

I'm fairly confident about next season too, but playing without a keeper is just downright cocky. B)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given

Solano Taylor Rozenhal Baines

Diarra

Barton Emre

Milner Martins

Ameobi

Height down the Core of the side, Taylz 6'2, Roz 6'3, Diarra 6'3, Ameobi 6'2, and Pace and invention with Martins, Milner, Baines, Solano, Emre, Barton B)

..................Given

Young...Taylor...Hyypia...Baines

.............Diarra....Emre

.................Barton

...Bellamy.................Martins

................Nonda

The sides peopl have put up are piss poor to average. Long season ahead if we start the season with that lot.

Realistically, with the number of pressing needs that we have coupled to the small size of the squad, its a two 0r three year job to get us out of the pack.

The sides peopl have put up are piss poor to average. Long season ahead if we start the season with that lot.

Realistically, with the number of pressing needs that we have coupled to the small size of the squad, its a two 0r three year job to get us out of the pack.

Hope youre wrong but suspect youre right.

Remember, the transfer window will still be open, and it's just the first game we are talking about, Viduka is at Asia Cup also, and hopefully Owen will have moved on by then with maybe Dyer, and Luque in contention after a confident bit of pre-season with Big Sam...

Rozenhal CM?

Apparently played quite a few games there last season and some PSG fans seem to think its his best position.

Rozenhal CM?

Apparently played quite a few games there last season and some PSG fans seem to think its his best position.

We do seem to have a habit of buying players who were originally thought of to be something else but all want to play CM. B)

Starting line-up

.................Given

.......Solano Taylor Rozehnal

Dyer................Diarra....Drenthe

...........Barton

.......................Martins

..........Viduka.......Owen

Subs

Harper

Edgar

Milner

Zoggy

Shola

c'mon! B)

Edited by Geordie Boyo

----------------given

solano----taylor----rozenhal----baines

milner----barton---emre--------dyer

-----------viduka---owen

EDIT - i can't see big sam going 4-3-3 as long as owen is in the side.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

----------------given

-----------viduka---owen

I agree with that completely. However, as Sam usually relies on that 4-3-3 formation, will he change his style for Owen, or will he ask Owen to try and play the 4-3-3?

If Owen's still here, obviously.

----------------given

-----------viduka---owen

Dyer on the left?

If that's our best team by the start of the season we're in for another long one.

----------------given

-----------viduka---owen

I agree with that completely. However, as Sam usually relies on that 4-3-3 formation, will he change his style for Owen, or will he ask Owen to try and play the 4-3-3?

I think he'll play the style he wants to play rather than to suit Owen but I think 4-3-3 may have been borne out of necessity due to the relative financial constraints at Bolton.

----------------given

-----------viduka---owen

I think he'll play the style he wants to play rather than to suit Owen but I think 4-3-3 may have been borne out of necessity due to the relative financial constraints at Bolton.

I think that Sam was there long enough to play whichever formation suited him. He obviously found the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation best with 2 hard working strikers playing wide and 1 target man supported by an attack minded midfielder.

I never saw enough of Bolton to know too much about their formations/tactics as whatever I usually saw was long ball stuff and kicking their opponents all over the place.

If Owen does stay, I can see Sam changing his style to suit/get the most out of top calibre players like him.

----------------given

-----------viduka---owen

Dyer on the left?

If that's our best team by the start of the season we're in for another long one.

assuming we don't sign another left winger he'll probably start there ahead of n'zogbia considering duff's injury.

that or he'll play on the right and milner on the left.

..........................Given

Beye.......Taylor ©....... Roz.......Baines

......................Diarra/Butt

...........Barton/Dyer...........Emre/N'Zogbia

Dyer/Milner....................Martins/Luque

.......................Ameobi

This is if we sell Owen, bring in A Diarra to add height and steel to the middle of the park, bring in 2 new full backs, and get Ameobi strong and sharp in pre-season with Sam's magic coaches. Also Taylor as captain I think we would be a good move, I reckon he is the sort of player that will improve after receiving the captaincy (like Terry taking over from Desailly) and he already looks like a leader at the back for the U21 England team. Reo-Coker captained West Ham to an FA Cup final and a european spot in the league at Taylors age, look at Fernando Torres also, captaining Atletico Madrid at 19?

given

beye/ solano rozenhal taylor baines

butt

milner barton zog

owen

viduka

that seems acheivable.

Really hope we havent got Milner and Zog in the first team at the start of the season. Looks particularly slow in midfield. Zog will need have got his head right and Milner will have needed some fucker elses legs.

If we can get a top quality, pacy right back then I would be happier with Solano on the right. Dyer would be useful too given the fact that we have zero movement anywhere in that side. Zog can provide it if he isnt in the huff.

This is if we sell Owen, bring in A Diarra to add height and steel to the middle of the park, bring in 2 new full backs, and get Ameobi strong and sharp in pre-season with Sam's magic coaches. Also Taylor as captain I think we would be a good move, I reckon he is the sort of player that will improve after receiving the captaincy (like Terry taking over from Desailly) and he already looks like a leader at the back for the U21 England team. Reo-Coker captained West Ham to an FA Cup final and a european spot in the league at Taylors age, look at Fernando Torres also, captaining Atletico Madrid at 19?

Your blind faith in Ameobi is starting to worry me :blink:

haha, we'll see =) ts after the mid twenties that forwards come in to there own as Drogba has shown being a late bloomer himself. I'm looking forward to seeing whether he can do it given Viduka's absence at the start of season. That's unless Big Sam finds out after a couple weeks of pre-season that there really is no hope for Shola at all.

haha, we'll see =) ts after the mid twenties that forwards come in to there own as Drogba has shown being a late bloomer himself. I'm looking forward to seeing whether he can do it given Viduka's absence at the start of season. That's unless Big Sam finds out after a couple weeks of pre-season that there really is no hope for Shola at all.

We all know that already

We all know that already

remind me of his goals per game ratio with a dodgy hip under Roeder then tell me there is no hope...

Edited by bassplayerjj