electronica stuff

tinofbeans

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that album (Amber for the uninitiated).

I went to one of the chaps from Autechre's wedding at Ross on Wye. Never cared for their music much, too cold and mechanical for my tastes. I positively fucking hated them when they blasted out a single flat chord at 3 am, for at least 60 seconds, insanely loud, to deliberately to fuck with all the caners in Q Club. Changed the atmosphere from one of pleasant party to dark terror, absolute cunts trick.

• 2 weeks later...
Some Boxing Day Techno for your ears.

fwom5f.jpg

Welcome to show 70 in The Poeticast series, as we approach the end of 2014 it has been a terrific year for both the podcast and the Techno genre. With a big 2015 in store we deliver another hours worth of up front Techno as as an early christmas present for the podcast faithful.

Merry christmas from The Poeticast!

Ben Long - Olmec //EPM Music

Francois X - Rising //Fabric Worldwide

Woo York - Farewell Old Friend //Polegroup

Heiko Laux - Hexagon // Kanzleramtmusic

TWR72 - Balance //Float

Niereich - Placebo Effect //Micro.Fon

Roman Poncet - Walfisch (Robert Hood Remix) //Arts

Luca Marchese - Insomnia //Amazing

Cleric - Shadow //Eartoground

Philippe Petit - Lost Again //Figure SPC

Secluded - Obstacle //Sleaze

Axel Karakasis - Exhaust //Remain

M.I.T.A - Coherence //Drowne

Terence Fixmer - Aviatic //Deeply Rooted

Johannes Heil and Markus Suckut - Intuition //Cocoon

Sterac - The Hypnoticus (Mike Dehnert Remix) //Delsin

Exium - Subshell (Pfirter Remix) //NHEOMA

Chris Neufer - Afterhour //Promo

Hollen - Rak Attack //Promo

Andres Gil - Church (Bodyscrub Remix) //Yellow

Andrew Davis - Gamma //Capital Techno Promo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe to The Poeticast on iTunes:

Edited by Anorthernsoul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some Boxing Day Techno for your ears.

Only just got round to listening to this but I thought it was quality. Also, just followed you on Mixcloud.

Only just got round to listening to this but I thought it was quality. Also, just followed you on Mixcloud.

Cheers mate, here's this weeks.

icu51h.jpg

Welcome back to The Poeticast as the Global quest for the best in Techno Artists continues and this week we land in Russia, AL.GO lays down a sublime Live mix for Episode 74.
AL.GO is Moscow based music producer Alexander Gorbinsky. His own style is described as 'Hypnotic-Minimal-Dark', in which hypnotic melancholic techno rhythms are fused with the power of psychedelic dark atmospheres. It's a combination of space sounds expressed in powerful bass lines with dark pattern overlay effects. He is always in search of the unusual combination of techno-genic beats with natural sound and a range of other different music styles. His sets are delivered via the medium of Live arrangements which makes them a truly unique sonic experience.
Enjoy the sounds of AL.GO Live.
For more info on the artist:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to The Poeticast on iTunes:

Loved this review on youtube for another track was just listening to.

"poxy middle class nob twiddler churns out another ket-on-spoon certified stomper for members of the self-appointed 'UK underground' elite to strut about to like a pack of trainer obsessed peacocks, slurping on red-stripe and braying largely insincere and irrelevant horseshit at one another. big time swag, full on jacking mode, tops off, lets 'av it, jungles are massive... deep house life brooooooo!

catchy tho"

Did you not like Syro? Minipops is quality.

the law of diminishing returns with this lad. he drives a tank to work for gawds sake. talented, but occasionally to clever for his own good.

Edited by canofbeans

I dont know what being too clever for his own good has to do with whether the tune is funky and danceable. The production is clever i suppose, the rhythms are intricate and cleverly layered and the engineering (which is what really makes the difference) is exceptional.

Its no good comparing it to something from the 1990s as the only way you would be able to bear listening to them both through the same medium was if a massive amount of remastering occurred on the old stuff.

If he hadnt recorded it and someone unknown had, then i think everyone would be shitting themself at how self-assured it sounds. Very few electronic artists have the balls to go without obvious hooks but those that do, tend to get critical acclaim.