Big Sam rules out Dyer exit

bawan

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has rubbished reports linking Kieron Dyer with a move away from St James' Park.

Speculation has claimed that Tottenham are lining up a move for the former Ipswich Town ace.

Allardyce has refuted the rumours and insists Dyer has a big part to play in his plans on Tyneside after holding talks with the player.

"Anyone saying that I want Kieron to leave is talking utter rubbish," Allardyce told The People.

"He is one of the successes of last year in that he appears to have overcome his major injury problems.

"I have spoken to Kieron. He is such a versatile player that he can get used in a number of positions and that can be difficult for him sometimes.

"But I will take the brunt of it if he has to be moved around. We want to grow together."

His first mistake in my eyes

I think he needs to, and will, go. But have a look at the squad at the moment - we need to bring more in before any more start to leave.

He's had so many chances here and failed to deliver each time bar the odd inspired game. Still, Id have him stay until he was replaced though. Im happy enough to see what Sam can get out of him at the moment.

Given the lack of depth in the squad, I think we'd be nuts to sell him at this point in time.

Agree with that, we aren't in a position to just dump the whole squad, it takes time to change everything completely.

Plus i always thought Dyer would be a player Big Sam would think he could get a lot out of and hopefully he will. Back a few years when we played Bolton i remember Allardyce pointing out (from his scientific studies and pro zone stuff) when you played NUFC you had to basically do the work of 12 men as the likes of Dyer did the work of 1 and a half players in terms of his engine and getting around the field.

Also Dyer has on the basis of last season finally sorted out his injury problems, so if Big Sam can get the Dyer who first returned to the team and had a big effect on them rather than the Dyer after that who disappeared up his arse he may have a useful player again!

His first mistake in my eyes

I think he needs to, and will, go. But have a look at the squad at the moment - we need to bring more in before any more start to leave.

Calm down,he's obviously working on that now

:lol:

Quite happy he is staying, think he might have a good season now he has put all his injury problems behind him.

Aye, I'm glad like... He's not a bad player but I suppose all the stick is justified after all the injuries and shite. Just hope he can get back to form and be consistent and prove all the haters wrong.

Dyer is one of those players who seemed to be more highly rated by people inside football than the fans.

The fact he comes from outside of Northumberland doesn't help.

FYP

Quite happy he is staying, think he might have a good season now he has put all his injury problems behind him.

Aye, I'm glad like... He's not a bad player but I suppose all the stick is justified after all the injuries and shite. Just hope he can get back to form and be consistent and prove all the haters wrong.

He's not in his own very strange way........ but I'm still not entirely sure what it is he actually does.

good player, ridden with injuries, I think he's genuine affection for the club.

I'd keep him for this reason

He's had so many chances here and failed to deliver each time bar the odd inspired game. Still, Id have him stay until he was replaced though. Im happy enough to see what Sam can get out of him at the moment.

If we're signing Beye fro RB do you think that Geremi could be being brought in to provide cover for the gap Dyer would leave in the squad? He's played on the wing a lot in the past, and if Gudjonsen were to come in as well we wouldn't notice Dyer had left, imo. Apart from the pace.