Eidur open to Hammers move

TheMoog

From SSN:

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father and agent, Arnor, says the Barcelona ace would be interested in a move to West Ham.

West Ham have been strongly linked with a move to bring the former Chelsea and Bolton man back to England.

Gudjohnsen's future at Barcelona looks uncertain following the summer arrival of Thierry Henry.

The Icelandic international struggled to hold down a place in Frank Rijkaard's star-studded side last season and the signing of Henry pushes Gudjohnsen further down the pecking order at Camp Nou.

Gudjohnsen is thought to be weighing up his future at Barca and West Ham are believed to be lining up a move for the skilful forward.

Gudjohnsen senior says his son would welcome a move to Upton Park and that the player is weighing up his future in Barcelona.

"I have heard about the interest from West Ham, but there have been no talks as yet," Gudjohnsen Snr told skysports.com.

"It would be something Eidur would consider as there are some Icelanders there with the owners and all.

"If they are interested in Eidur I am sure they will contact me."

Gudjohnsen is currently recovering from a knee injury and the player's father says the 28-year-old will consider all options available to him.

"He is currently injured and he is focused on getting fit again, but he will consider all options open to him," added Gudjohnsen.

"Barcelona have always told him it is up to him what he wants to do and they will not stand in his way if he wants to go and they will be happy for him if he wants to stay.

"Eidur will not rush a decision on his future and we will evaluate every option we have."

I'm really starting to dislike them dirty, cheating cockney scumbags...

His Dad talks complete bullshit.

I'd love him here if we got rid of another striker. With Carroll putting in some very good performances in the pre-season, I think we're pretty safe up front.

My thoughts exactly, bright lights of London the only feasible answer imo

His Dad talks complete bullshit.

I'd love him here if we got rid of another striker. With Carroll putting in some very good performances in the pre-season, I think we're pretty safe up front.

My thoughts exactly, bright lights of London the only feasible answer imo

Agreed. I'd like to see him here, but we have more pressing needs.

technically head and shoulders above any players we have at this club.

why the fuck would he want to go to the west ham scum though.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Technically better than Viduka? Nobby? Milner? Emre? Luque? I never saw all the fuss about Gudjohnsen. I liked his partnership with Hasselbaink. I admire his work-rate and willingness to play in midfield when he couldn't get a game up front, but he's never really stood out for me.

yep, technique wise he was (when i saw him) often the best player on the pitch when he played for chelscum... could play attacking midfield, second striker or centre forward, and exceptionally well as well...

only his love of booze and pies have stopped him being world class. that and a prattish father for an agent...

The.fucking.irony.

The.fucking.irony.

Indeed.

Man City look like better proposition than us now as well for a foreign player...

i'd be excited about the season ahead if i was a west ham fan.

As excited as you would have been at the beginning of last season?

West Ham brought in 2 players who had never played in the league. This season they're bringing in players who have.

Compare the 2 squads in question, and you'll begin to realise that they WILL finish above us.

i'd be excited about the season ahead if i was a west ham fan.

As excited as you would have been at the beginning of last season?

no; more so. they're putting a tidy squad together and with the likes of ljundberg, gudjohnsen, bellamy and others they should kick on to the end of the table that we all wish were heading for.