If there's a long time legend on here..

WubbleUC

I've provided you with 3 so far.

Funninly enough fishing around cricinfo.com for hours on end really doesn't appeal to me.

You argument was that England get saved by the rain in equal amounts that it saves other teams. I quickly provided 3 examples where they have been saved by it, you provided 0 where it has saved other teams (I'll give you 1 being Australia at Old Trafford)

Find me 2 to balance it up and I might go and find more.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really bothered about post counts, remove them for all I care. This forum isn't as busy as the other ones I go on so that's why I tend to have the last post in more threads.

That's what I replied to in my PM

Edited by Sima

I've provided you with 3 so far.

Funninly enough fishing around cricinfo.com for hours on end really doesn't appeal to me.

You argument was that England get saved by the rain in equal amounts that it  saves other teams.  I quickly provided 3 examples where they have been saved by it, you provided 0 where it has saved other teams (I'll give you 1 being Australia at Old Trafford)

Find me 2 to balance it up and I might go and find more.

30401[/snapback]

Actually, here's what I wrote

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...opic=1530&st=60

I didn't say you were wrong, just wondered if you had any stats to back it up. I thought it was a reasonable request. In at least one of the games you mention the match hadn't even finished. So were England actually saved in this instance or were they just hoping to be saved?

That was just a throwaway comment, surely you could have spotted that.

30409[/snapback]

Incidentally, in one of the examples you give (the Oval 2001 v Australia) England actually lost by an innings and 25 runs. Perhaps we have a different definition of England being saved by the rain. The fucking irony tbh :D

30409[/snapback]

Incidentally, in one of the examples you give (the Oval 2001 v Australia) England actually lost by an innings and 25 runs. Perhaps we have a different definition of England being saved by the rain. The fucking irony tbh :D

30414[/snapback]

Didn't rain enough. That'll teach me for not finding the final result on cricinfo.

Still haven't provided me with any examples of rain hindering.

30409[/snapback]

Incidentally, in one of the examples you give (the Oval 2001 v Australia) England actually lost by an innings and 25 runs. Perhaps we have a different definition of England being saved by the rain. The fucking irony tbh :dancing:

30414[/snapback]

Didn't rain enough. That'll teach me for not finding the final result on cricinfo.

30420[/snapback]

But Sima, I didn't say you were wrong, although in the case above you were. I just asked you to back up your statement. Now, I should have clarified what I meant but I was really just talking about test cricket, which means you've provided one example that goes against your theory, i.e. Old Trafford this year and none which back it up. So, really I'm winning 1-0 :D

30409[/snapback]

Incidentally, in one of the examples you give (the Oval 2001 v Australia) England actually lost by an innings and 25 runs. Perhaps we have a different definition of England being saved by the rain. The fucking irony tbh :dancing:

30414[/snapback]

30420[/snapback]

No but at least you've been satisfied with your spam count being increased, eh? :D

30409[/snapback]

30414[/snapback]

30420[/snapback]

But Sima, I didn't say you were wrong, although in the case above you were. I just asked you to back up your statement. Now, I should have clarified what I meant but I was really just talking about test cricket, which means you've provided one example that goes against your theory, i.e. Old Trafford this year and none which back it up. So, really I'm winning 1-0 :D

30424[/snapback]

First Ashes test 1998/99.

Can't get onto cricinfo to provide the scorecard.

alex= t00nraider

30274[/snapback]

Isn't Toonraider t00nraider though? :dancing:

30297[/snapback]

:D

Are you in a michievous mood today gol? :ithankyou:

30456[/snapback]

Incidentally does WB Yeats, I mean Geordie Fish think I used to be t00nraider or have I been whooshed again?