Police

Sima

Been thinking about this. A few weeks ago we were fishing and a couple of the lads had brought their bairns with them and I can honestly say i would have had no hesitation in jumping into the Tyne if one of them bairns had fell in the water, WTF was going through these blokes minds.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too true, nearly applied a while back but when I saw the limitations on what they can do I thought it was an absolute waste of time and money.

The sad fact is if these 2 bottlers had gone in and saved the poor lad they'd have probably have got into a lot of trouble from their superiors for acting when they shouldn't have. Who the fuck promotes a policy of doing nowt in situations like this? Fucking beauracratic morons.

I'm not a trained dog handler for example but I wouldn't sit back and watch a kid being mauled to pieces by a dog.

A trained police officer would likely sit back and watch the kid be mauled to death by the dog, then call in a helicopter and 20 armed response officers to shoot the dog (and probably get a promotion for it). ;)

I can understand why their superiors wouldn't want to criticise them for doing this, perhaps. But defending them for it is frankly pitiful.

Fop = Master of Partisanship:huh:

It's pretty much happened. <_<

Not many people would survive jumping in the Tyne, but this was a bloody lake. The only thing is, I read when they got there, the kid was completely submerged and had been for a few minutes, so it's not like they really knew where to look. There was a sergeant calling for PCSOs to be scrapped, which is pretty pointless as the money would not be spent on more coppers, so no-one would have been there. The police arrived after being called by the PCSOs, so in a way they did their jobs. Still should have jumped in though.

Let's face it.

They are a pair of cowards and that is what everybody will think of them for the rest of their lives. And they will have trouble looking themselves in the mirror or walking into a bar.

Exactly why they haven't been named. Didn't even have to appear at the inquest!

I share the sentiments that I would have jumped in but I think the police side to the story makes sense as well - one of them went on his bike to direct the other emergency services down the lane to the lake and the other remained there to pinpoint the location. This may be bullshit but I can see the sense in it if its true.

I also think a 3 or 4 ft deep lake is a different proposition to a 6 feet deep lake which I think this was in places. In the former you could search pretty effectively just by wading but not in the latter which needs more effort.

As I said I think I would have tried - but at the same time the mother's "he would have been alive if they had done" is probably over-hopeful as well.

Shouldn't this thread be called "PCSOs" with the subtitle "absolute disgrace"

?

Pretty much the same things these days, just cheaper (much worse wages and pensions).

I give it 5 years before there's effectively no difference at all (actually I wonder when they'll give PCSOs tasers come to think of it).

?

Pretty much the same things these days, just cheaper (much worse wages, training, responsibilities, legal powers, knowledge and pensions).

I give it 5 years before there's effectively no difference at all (actually I wonder when they'll give PCSOs tasers come to think of it).

FYP

Also, I know it's really difficult to think well of any police officer when someone you know and care about has been at the wrong end of injustice, but don't tar all coppers with the same brush. You take it personally when you hear about the potential for further mistakes and I take it personally when people slate the police force as a whole. I am fully aware that it's light years behind other employers in terms of equality in the ranks and in the treatment of the public... but imo if there were concessions on both sides the job that the police do will become a lot easier and the standard of policing will improve dramatically.

I mean fucking hell, if you grow up hearing nothing but negativity about the police force, would you want to join up? No, so you don't get the best quality applicants, (making it look none to dissimilar to the Police Academy films :huh: )

The Police force will always attract a certain power hungry section of society, but if the rest of the population prefers to sit back and bitch instead of joiining up and changing it from within it's no wonder that this is the most notable section of society represented in the force.

anyway I know I've rambled on, but seriously joining up is a shitty job because of people who hate all members of the police force with equal measure for something a minority has done.

?

Pretty much the same things these days, just cheaper (much worse wages, training, responsibilities, legal powers, knowledge and pensions).

FYP

Not so much, their powers are creeping towards full police officer powers and are now arguable closer to that than their initial powers on conception just a very few years ago.

Yes their training is rubbish, but that just make the whole situation worse.

Also, I know it's really difficult to think well of any police officer when someone you know and care about has been at the wrong end of injustice, but don't tar all coppers with the same brush. You take it personally when you hear about the potential for further mistakes and I take it personally when people slate the police force as a whole. I am fully aware that it's light years behind other employers in terms of equality in the ranks and in the treatment of the public... but imo if there were concessions on both sides the job that the police do will become a lot easier and the standard of policing will improve dramatically.

I mean fucking hell, if you grow up hearing nothing but negativity about the police force, would you want to join up? No, so you don't get the best quality applicants, (making it look none to dissimilar to the Police Academy films :huh: )

The Police force will always attract a certain power hungry section of society, but if the rest of the population prefers to sit back and bitch instead of joiining up and changing it from within it's no wonder that this is the most notable section of society represented in the force.

anyway I know I've rambled on, but seriously joining up is a shitty job because of people who hate all members of the police force with equal measure for something a minority has done.

I know plenty of police officers, that's where my "negativity" comes from, knowing exactly what they do, are like and even will admit to doing (off the record anyway) - off the top of my head that includes a wife beater and one that threatened witnesses to get his son off a burglary charge, as well as an inspector that's thinking about become a solicitor as he's coming up to the time where he'd get a decent retirement package and thinks his inside and in depth knowledge would make him rather successful at getting people off [whether it would or would not who knows, it's more how little he cares for law and justice rather than £££'s].

But I don't know one that I would in good conscience describe as "honest" (although that doesn't mean their all amoral evil scum either, or even actually "dishonest" as such), or even necessarily "trustworthy" - but most being the sort that would happily do you over if it gained them enough personally (although that's fairly true of wider society to be fair).

The issue with my brother is just a very good case in point of a lot of the current issues.

Another one being that they largely don't even bother to try to solve crimes like burglaries these days as there is next to no chance of them getting a conviction so they'd rather chase something petty with a 100% chance of a conviction as it looks good for them..... which morphs in the end to basically having little care for innocent/guilt so much as likelihood of a conviction whether they believe whomever is innocent or not (which isn't exactly the police forces fault, but is still massively wrong).

So I have about the same amount of respect (or lack of) for the police as I do postal workers, the BIG difference being postal workers don't need watching so closely as there is only SO much mischief they can get up to.

Edited by Fop

The police are pretty much all about who can we bust for the least effort, they really don't give two fucks about justice in my experience.

Plus you now have targeted led enforcement, so if it's unlikely the coppers will catch the burglar who broke into your house, it's even less likely they will be bothered to chase it up. Unless of course you have a handy DNA sample that matches someone else nicked 25 years ago for vagrancy, then they want to be treated as Inspector fucking Morse, the two bit pieces of shit. Angry me? no....

Fop, most coppers I've met and know are the antithesis of the people you describe. It's perhaps an indictment of the caliber of people you know, rather than a damning report on the state of the police force in general.

To be fair - the police are there to uphold the law.

Since when has the law been about justice?

Never really, but does that mean it shouldn't be?

Fop, most coppers I've met and know are the antithesis of the people you describe. It's perhaps an indictment of the caliber of people you know, rather than a damning report on the state of the police force in general.

Or you could just be talking out of your arse, as usual. :(

or you could be incredibly blinkered?

I've already admitted there are plenty of arseholes in the policeforce, there's also plenty of arseholes army, who are lawyers, office workers, in the fire brigade, yet you don't hear anyone calling them scum now do you?

you've really got a white hot hatred for the police haven't you? :P

I'd love to know precisely what experience Fop has had of the police personally, other than this carry-on with his brother. The way he goes on you'd think he was posting from the fucking slammer.

He's worse than Rob tbh.

or you could be incredibly blinkered?

I've already admitted there are plenty of arseholes in the policeforce, there's also plenty of arseholes army, who are lawyers, office workers, in the fire brigade, yet you don't hear anyone calling them scum now do you?

No one calls lawyers scum? :nufc:

Let me guess every one you know is the very pinnacle of integrity and a paragon to measure human virtue against? :P

Comparing the issues raised to fireman and office workers is quite the attempt at a strawman however, as the issues in question are not the same (unless a fireman refused to stop an old lady being mugged, or officer workers could legally taser anyone they fancied).

you've really got a white hot hatred for the police haven't you? :rolleyes:

Again as much you try to put words into my mouth (to attempt rather pathetically to make my points seem "unfounded" I guess :rolleyes: ), no I don't have a "white hot hatred for the police", at all.

I do however have several legitimate concerns about them, yes. :P

I'd love to know precisely what experience Fop has had of the police personally, other than this carry-on with his brother. The way he goes on you'd think he was posting from the fucking slammer.

You just love me in a way that makes you feel tingly deep down inside. :(