Chelski

Rob W

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

This bloke is a tool but talking utter sense

He's completely on the money. Thing is everyone knew it but did fuck all about it. Absolutely shocking it's taken the invasion on Ukraine for any action to be taken. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

But wouldn’t allowing the frozen asset to carry on generating money defeat the punishment? Since freezing rather than stripping is only meant to be short term if they allow the club to carry on generating money there’s no real punishment to him other than losing control of the asset for the short period it’s frozen. That was my assumption anyway. 

I’ve had a Chelsea fan twisting on at me all morning, even implying this is some elaborate conspiracy by the UK government to gain money from the sale :lol:. The UK government is a lot of things but I don’t think they were all that arsed about getting whatever proceeds they’d receive from this, it’s either the normal function under a sale of a frozen asset or they’re allowing a special sale due to the meaning of a football club do that it stays operational, in which case where else would the money go? It cant go back to Chelsea otherwise the sale was essentially for £0. I’ve not even seen anywhere that they will allow a sale mind let alone that they’re getting the money so there’s a chance he’s making all that up because he’s being hysterical. 

I dunno, I assumed the main objective now was to a) sell the club, b) deprive Abramovich of the proceeds, and c) keep the club afloat and playing matches for as long as that process takes (with none of the income passing to Abramovich too). 

Stopping the club from operating normally to bring in income reduces the likelihood of c) and therefore jeopardises a), I would have thought. 

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

He's completely on the money. Thing is everyone knew it but did fuck all about it. Absolutely shocking it's taken the invasion on Ukraine for any action to be taken. 

Jim White is a fucking moron as well. I assumed Sky had woken up to that fact when I saw he was turning up on TalkSport. I didn't realise he still had the Sky gig too. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Jim White is a fucking moron as well. I assumed Sky had woken up to that fact when I saw he was turning up on TalkSport. I didn't realise he still had the Sky gig too. 

Going by the news articles going along the foot of the page, I think this interview is about 8 or 9 years old. Mentions Moyes starting at Man United.

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Going by the news articles going along the foot of the page, I think this interview is about 8 or 9 years old. Mentions Moyes starting at Man United.

Ah right, fucking wykikitoon posting a 9 year old interview. 

I CAN'T SAY I'M SURPRISED CRAIG. THE KID IS A FUCKING LIABILITY. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Weren't they on the verge of busto when Abramovich turned up? Feels appropriate that his departure should immediately plunge them back in the shit. 

I think they were. Same with Man City before Mansour rocked up too.

They've got a £20k limit on costs of travel to their fixtures. So no flying to games and no overnight stays. The fucking bamps. 

ROAD TRIP for any remaining CL fixtures this season. Someone better get working on a playlist. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I dunno, I assumed the main objective now was to a) sell the club, b) deprive Abramovich of the proceeds, and c) keep the club afloat and playing matches for as long as that process takes (with none of the income passing to Abramovich too). 

Stopping the club from operating normally to bring in income reduces the likelihood of c) and therefore jeopardises a), I would have thought. 

Yeah, depends how you look at it. I looked at it from the perspective that the UK Government didn’t do any of this with CFC in mind or forcing a sale, instead they wanted to cease all income generation by Abramovich from the UK by freezing all of his assets to punish him with the issues happening to Chelsea being an unintended consequence. I think that your second paragraph kind of supports the view that the UK governments intention is to do what I’m saying rather than force a sale.

I’ve seen Chelsea fans saying they’re bankrupting CFC to force a sale and pocket the proceeds, but who are they forcing in this situation? In that scenario they’re simply reducing any sale price which is surely counter intuitive. 

I just honestly think none of this was done with CFC in mind, it just so happens they’re one of his assets and people happen to care about them more than say some holding company he set up to run the staff on his yachts. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They've got a £20k limit on costs of travel to their fixtures. So no flying to games and no overnight stays. The fucking bamps. 

ROAD TRIP for any remaining CL fixtures this season. Someone better get working on a playlist. :lol:

They'll be on that fucking Magic Bus :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The England kit man posted on twitter in response to a "Lille away for £20K" tweet - he just said "impossible"

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was reported on SSN earlier that it's believed they may have paid for all scheduled travel/stayovers up front at the start of the season but it hadn't been confirmed. 

Best get themselves a seat on the National Express and a stayover in Travelodge Middlesbrough for the upcoming FA Cup match :lol:

• Haha 2