The Sun are really trying to shit stir: Day 276

Jimbo

sportindexsplash370419anh0.jpg

MICHAEL OWEN’S rift with Sam Allardyce deepened yesterday when the England striker refused to apologise to his Toon boss.

Owen denies he is gambling with his Newcastle career by rushing back from a major op to play for England against Estonia on Saturday.

In a clear message to Allardyce, defiant Owen said: “I’m not going to apologise for wanting to play for England.”

Owen also insisted he WAS ready to start for Newcastle against Everton on Sunday — but it was Allardyce’s choice to make him a sub.

Owen, 27, said: “Being on the bench was the manager’s decision. It was a decision I respected but I was definitely available to start.”

Allardyce last week expressed concern about Owen rushing back too quickly after a double hernia op.

But Owen said: “If anything I’ve always pushed, even when I have been hurt, to play for my club, my country.

“Your career is so short and I’m hungry to play in any game and score any goal. So to get labelled as someone who’s ‘Just trying to do this to play for England’ is wrong.”

Frank Lampard and Shaun Wright -Phillips are available after injury for Saturday’s Euro 2008 qualifier at Wembley.

And Owen clearly feels he has been singled out unfairly.

He said: “Looking at other examples, Shaun had a hamstring injury, not played for a couple of games and he is fit for England.”

The Sun revealed tensions between Owen and Allardyce have simmered for nearly two years. But Owen said: “I have no problems with the manager.”

Do you think they realise quite how shite their journalism is? They're trying to create a fucking witch-hunt and very few Newcastle fans are buying it (thank god!)

Stupid twats need to finally get over the fact that he chose Newcastle ahead of Liverpool 2 years ago and that they all jumped to massive conclusions...

I remember thinking journalism in Norway was shite. I'm sure the Sun just hires untrained chimpansees to write this drivel.

Well they can relate to the readers anyway.

I remember thinking journalism in Norway was shite. I'm sure the Sun just hires untrained chimpansees to write this drivel.

It only take one to write a Shakespeare classic allegedly.

Still, got to give them some credit for strapping some sort of infinity engine on to the side of a typewriter.